erica12

2013 Paradisus Palma Real

l

We chose the middle photography package. It was $1500 for 200 pictures and the photographer was there the entire pre-wedding, wedding and reception. They offered us a discount on purchasing more pictures but we stuck to the original package we chose. We stayed in the Royal Service at PPR and that was totally worth it! Our butler made sure all of the bridesmaid dresses were steamed and the grooms' suit and shirt were pressed. We didn't do the bridal suite. We took the getting ready pictures in our room and the guys took theirs at a friends' room. I uses the money to do a spa package for my bridal party, MOB and MOG. They had their choice of facial, massage or body scrub. We had our hair done at the YHI Spa and they all got 15% off bc they were part of my bridal party. I don't know who the officiant was. She spoke English and performed the ceremony in English for us. The only thing we requested was that she speak slowly and broke up the vows into small chunks for us. We also had my husbands brother do a reading at the ceremony. Let me know if I can answer any more questions or post any pics! :)
Ll117, Thank you! My fiancé and I were looking at the packages we liked the middle and large packages... We will see. How were the taxes? It's like 18% right.... How do the centerpieces work out do they email you pictures, do they email you pictures?

we used arrecife as well and chose the largest photography package, I think I got 350 or 400 photos... They waived the taxes b/c we paid cash. We also used the videography services and got a trailer as well as a longer video.

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

l

Ll117,

Thank you!

My fiancé and I were looking at the packages we liked the middle and large packages... We will see. How were the taxes? It's like 18% right....

How do the centerpieces work out do they email you pictures, do they email you pictures?

When we contacted Arrecife, we were told that if we pay in cash, we would receive a discount and only pay the price of the package. So we only paid the $1500 in cash for the package rather than paying by credit card and paying additional fees. For the centerpieces, Lara has ones you can look at and choose from but what I did was find a pictures of what I wanted and had her quote me a prices :) 

When we contacted Arrecife, we were told that if we pay in cash, we would receive a discount and only pay the price of the package. So we only paid the $1500 in cash for the package rather than paying by credit card and paying additional fees. For the centerpieces, Lara has ones you can look at and choose from but what I did was find a pictures of what I wanted and had her quote me a prices :) 
Thank you LL117 did they give you an ablum or did they only give you a CD?

Congratulations to those who recently got married! I really appreciate you taking out the time to update us. It means a lot to all of us. The anxiety lessens as see pictures and hear about your great experiences. Again, thank you. I wish you the very best!!

Hey ladies! If you pay the photographer in cash you do not have to pay the tax. Saved us like 400 bucks! Good luck! Suzanne
Thanks suzanne! I think we are def. going to do that.

Thank you LL117 did they give you an ablum or did they only give you a CD?
They gave us 2 CDs and the rights to all of the pictures :)

I can't believe we are leaving Thursday for PPR! Our guests arrive Friday and our wedding is on Sunday...so surreal. We are treating our guests to a private catamaran on Saturday, so hopefully the weather will cooperate with all of our plans 😠If you are planning to take favors down there, make sure to give yourself plenty of time to pack...this 50 lb. limit per bag is really cramping my packing plan. I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you to all that have shared tips along the way, it really has helped me out!