2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Hello Brides.

I know that the planning stages can be frustrating but have no fear everything will be great. 

I celebrated my wedding on July 9th in Paradisus Palma Real and worked with Massiel and Mariela. All I can say that everything was absolutely AMAZING!! The girls and their staff were super attentive, professional and accommodating. The girls were always available and quick to address any concerns I had.

137 friends and family members traveled to Punta Cana for the event and they were all more than satisfied with the ceremony and reception. Our party was so good that we extended it an extra hour.  

Due to the storm we were unable to have our "Welcome" Party on the beach but Massiel assured me that they could work something out for us. They decorated the event space outside of the Apollo Hall beautifully. You would never think it was a hallway. We were able to enjoy the outside breeze but still have cover in case it rained. 

The reception was awesome!!! The decorating company was able to make my vision a reality. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The waiters at the reception were a hit! My family was so amazed at how attentive they were and they made sure to keep the drinks coming. I cannot tell you anything about there DJ company because I flew my DJ and MC in form NY. The food was good and the cake was delicious.

My husband and I loved our wedding so much that we would do it all again!

Believe me when I tell you that the most difficult part is making it to the date. After you reach Punta Cana you will have no worries. They will take care of everything!

It is all worth it! 

Originally Posted by MJG18 View Post

Hi EVKnowsitall,

I am just starting to plan our destination wedding. I am looking to have a Catholic ceremony near Paradisus Palma Real. From your profile you have  Jesus Maestro Parish listed.

-How far away is this from the resort?

-How do you get your guests shuttled to and from?

-Do you have a website or contact name/number so that I can ask about pricing?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Melissa

Hi Melissa- I just saw your post- sorry I never saw it before. 

Jesus Maestro church is 10 minutes from the resort. We rented two 12 passenger vans from a company called Europcar. The church is beautiful as is and requires little to no decor- we didnt have decor. The priest is the same priest who will officiate your wedding at the resort should you choose not to marry in the church- Father LaCaile. He is super sweet- but a little difficult to understand. We watched our video over and over and still can't understand some of what he's saying lol 

You just tell the wedding coordinator and they will book it through the resort. The church does not deal directly with couples because apparently they are inundated with requests. You have to tell your coordinator you want to get married offsite at the church and they will check availability. If you have not set a date, I suggest you give the coordinator 3-4 possibilities because the back and forth takes a few days, its easier if you give them options and they can tell you which is best. 

Originally Posted by shaeshae18 View Post

Hey ladies!

Just decided on PPR for my June 30, 2014, wedding. We're doing it at the Jellyfish that day, but we're all staying at the PPR for the weekend (most of my guests are extending).

So excited!!

Congrats! We considered Jellyfish but it wasn't available on our date. They have a FB and their pics look great!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies!

I'm a December 2013 bride. My planning call is in three weeks. I am so nervous that everything will be a disaster!

Did anyone have any trouble with Caribbean Celebrations? My concerns are:

They won't be able to execute my 'dream' ceremony or reception

Their outrageous prices! They have a starting price of $60.00 for a bridesmaid bouquet. Is this normal?

And my concerns with the 'house'  DJ. *sigh*. Did anyone use them? How were their services?

Thanks in advance!! I need reassurance that I've chosen the right place for my wedding!

Katherine

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the forum and will be getting married at PPR on November 30, 2013. All of the information posted is very helpful, there are so many questions I have! Hopefully someone who has been to the resort can help me! I will be having my ceremony and cocktail hour on the beach, and beach terrace for reception. I initially didnt like the pictures of the beach terrace, but the other locations I wanted were not available. I was thinking of going with one of the Apollo rooms, because I want my reception to have a very romantic and ambient candle-lit feel. Have an of your brides seen the beach terrace or any of the apollo rooms in person? I am so confused about this and know I need to make a decision soon. Also did anyone rent the bridal suite? Was it worth it? Will the makeup artist and hairstylist come to my room to get me ready or do I need to go to SPA? Also, anyone use the new DJ Abentos? My fiance is Dominican so thankfully he speaks Spanish, but reading the thread makes me nervous that the MC doesnt speak much english. Any info on these items would be a huge help!

Thanks Ladies,

Devina

Hi Katherine,

I myself have concerns with Caribbean Celebrations. I feel they are way over-priced so I am having my mom help me do our own flower arrangements (using silk flowers). You can bring whatever you want and have them set it up so I would think about it. 

Devina

Originally Posted by Marysabel View Post

Hello Brides.

I know that the planning stages can be frustrating but have no fear everything will be great. 

I celebrated my wedding on July 9th in Paradisus Palma Real and worked with Massiel and Mariela. All I can say that everything was absolutely AMAZING!! The girls and their staff were super attentive, professional and accommodating. The girls were always available and quick to address any concerns I had.

137 friends and family members traveled to Punta Cana for the event and they were all more than satisfied with the ceremony and reception. Our party was so good that we extended it an extra hour.  

Due to the storm we were unable to have our "Welcome" Party on the beach but Massiel assured me that they could work something out for us. They decorated the event space outside of the Apollo Hall beautifully. You would never think it was a hallway. We were able to enjoy the outside breeze but still have cover in case it rained. 

The reception was awesome!!! The decorating company was able to make my vision a reality. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The waiters at the reception were a hit! My family was so amazed at how attentive they were and they made sure to keep the drinks coming. I cannot tell you anything about there DJ company because I flew my DJ and MC in form NY. The food was good and the cake was delicious.

My husband and I loved our wedding so much that we would do it all again!

Believe me when I tell you that the most difficult part is making it to the date. After you reach Punta Cana you will have no worries. They will take care of everything!

It is all worth it! 

Hi Marysabel,

Thanks for your review..I have some questions since you used the Apollo. I am getting in March and have decided to use the Apollo Rooms. How was your decor? I want to use curtains but they told my that it would be $900.00 per room. 

How was your welcome party? Did you do the tailor made or did you add the welcome party to your package?  My fiance and i have decided to do the tailor made package because we think it is the most reasonable for our group. 

I am also in NY who did you have as your DJ and MC...Do you recommend them? I met the DJ company Abentos when we had our Love at first site visit in January and we were not happy that the DJ did not speak much English. I know its DR and i am Dominican but my fiance and his family do not speak Spanish. It is going to be tough to have the DJ not engage our English speaking crowd which is everyone...

Any other suggestions are welcomed...

Thanks so much...Wedding planning can be stressful...

Hi ladies, I just finished reading this entire thread from page 1 to here, and it has been such a valuable source of information and feedback. After entertaining different options including having the ceremony in my home town (we've since moved away but family is still there), I've come to a decision that doing a destination wedding is our best option and that this is the resort for us. I hope to pick a date by the end of this week.

My wedding will be small, but I can see how planning the logistics of a larger event and juggling that with budgeting, work and other commitments can be a lot of pressure, so I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to all the brides who took time to contribute to this thread. I really appreciate reading your stories, the trials, tribulations and joys you went through making it all happen, and seeing the amazing photos and videos that were shared. Such a huge help in the planning process, and keeps me excited especially when doubts creep in about having a DW. I am happy that despite hiccups, the general feeling seems to be that Palma Real (and The Reserve, where we plan to book all our family) is a great and memorable (in a good way, haha) choice for our special day.

Hi Ladies, I am new to the forum and will be getting married at PPR on November 30, 2013. All of the information posted is very helpful, there are so many questions I have! Hopefully someone who has been to the resort can help me! I will be having my ceremony and cocktail hour on the beach, and beach terrace for reception. I initially didnt like the pictures of the beach terrace, but the other locations I wanted were not available. I was thinking of going with one of the Apollo rooms, because I want my reception to have a very romantic and ambient candle-lit feel. Have an of your brides seen the beach terrace or any of the apollo rooms in person? I am so confused about this and know I need to make a decision soon. Also did anyone rent the bridal suite? Was it worth it? Will the makeup artist and hairstylist come to my room to get me ready or do I need to go to SPA? Also, anyone use the new DJ Abentos? My fiance is Dominican so thankfully he speaks Spanish, but reading the thread makes me nervous that the MC doesnt speak much english. Any info on these items would be a huge help! Thanks Ladies, Devina
Hi Devina, Welcome to the forum! My wedding is in March of next year! I met the DJ abentos in January during my visit. I have heard positive things about them. My concern is that the MC dos not speak English well which kinda bothers me bc eventhough I speak Spanish everyone going speaks English lol I know it's amp other country so I am going to deal with that. It will be fine. I did not have a chance to see it but I am planning on booking it. I was told it is 300.00 plus 18% tax... Ugh And you only get it for four hours but oh well. Its all about getting pampered. ;) I believe they will do your hair and makeup in the room. Which is great!