2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Awww glad I gave some good news! Lol They give you a reservation for up to 20 people 10/table! They give u a choice of several restaurants and confirm which one csn accommodate you when u arrive! ( I saw another bride had two group dinners and was thinking of aski g if they will accommodate a second!

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

Yes i think that if we would have chosen to have a summer wedding it would have been cheaper but its crazy. I really like the chill out chic and now that we may have to go with buffet it may work. There is so much to do.  

We already booked the DJ and the Dominican Trio so now we just have to pick a package....ha that's the crazy part because my fiance really wants the Wedding BBQ as the welcome dinner on the beach. He says its a must have.. 

We have not established a budget i just came up with my own. I told my fiance that our budget is going to be 35K-40K and not one cent more.  I think it is pretty high but with the amount of people we invited i think its going to be crazy. 

Thanks for your help Kel

Summer wedding is not cheaper! LOL We have some similar things- We booked the Dominican Trio and are having cocktail hour at the Plaza Colonial and Reception on the Beach- wedding in the church offsite.

Your budget is pretty high- and you should be able to accomplish a lot with that if you are willing to spend that much. We kept trying to keep DR costs down because I was hellbent on having an AHR. I kind of regret it but not entirely. We have 37 people going to DR and 100 going to our AHR. I shared my budget in another thread called "how much is your wedding costing you?" Which you should visit. It's brides breaking down their budgets for their DW's. anyway- I'm well past planning a budget- this is the nitty gritty of what I have booked and paid, since we are less than two weeks away:

$5,000- Aqua Resort Package for 24 guests- Cocktail hour, open bar, buffet dinner, minimal decor elements (aka tablecloths chairs, and napkin rings, a "ceremony arch" which we asked to use at our reception since we are getting married at the beach)

$3,190- wedding extras- guests over the 24 included (37 total, $100 each), 6 centerpieces, chinese lanterns for lighting, outside vendor fees, corsages for moms, bridesmaids tiny ass crap bouquet (they charged $10 a rose! we are creating the rest, Dominican Guitar Trio)

$1,300- Church ceremony in DR plus pre cana classes and mailing over necessary paperwork

$55- NYS marriage license and ceremony

$1000- Flights including RT airport transfers

$3,200- Bride and Grooms Room in The Reserve

$350- Flower girl and ring bearer attire (I paid bc they are my niece and nephew) 

$2,800- Photography full coverage including trash the dress session- Phil Steingard

$570- room for photographer as an outside vendor so we do not pay the $1,200 resort outside vendor fee

$1,000- full video coverage by in house videographer Arrecife

$400- Save The Dates and Invitations

$330- brides wedding shoes and flip flops and grooms shoes ($2200 my dress- but mom bought it so sweet gift! His mom also bought his $900 Custom made suit)

$1200 DJ Mannia + LED Dance Floor + Cold Fireworks

$200- 2 12 passenger vans rented to take guests to the church from the hotel

$99 E-Session photo shoot

Destination Total: $20,694

AT HOME RECEPTION

$5,700- open bar, cocktail hour, carving station, salad, pasta station only- not full sit down for 100 guests

$3,200 DJ and percussionist for AHR (This was not intentional lol this was for when we booked our DJ for a stateside wedding, they would not refund the money. Otherwise I would have used an ipod at my AHR because we have a sound system included.)

$225 invitations to AHR

$0- Photography for AHR- a gift from my Godparents. 

$250- Kissing bells and souvenir photo books for 100 guests at AHR

$1000 misc. expenses including postage and various decor items that I most likely am not even using. Ridiculous. And Bridal Party Gifts

$3,000 Decor for AHR- OK this sounds a little nuts buuuuut its a cousin of a friend doing the decor and for all the elements we are getting, its worth it- We are getting a leather couch for us on a stage with a coffee table and a wall unit behind us (I really can't explain it lol I will show you pics later) draping, 10 centerpieces (2 different types), cake table, place card table, overlays for the tables, fresh flowers and candles used in all the elements.

$300 Candy bar for AHR

AHR total: $13,675

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Summer wedding is not cheaper! LOL We have some similar things- We booked the Dominican Trio and are having cocktail hour at the Plaza Colonial and Reception on the Beach- wedding in the church offsite.

Your budget is pretty high- and you should be able to accomplish a lot with that if you are willing to spend that much. We kept trying to keep DR costs down because I was hellbent on having an AHR. I kind of regret it but not entirely. We have 37 people going to DR and 100 going to our AHR. I shared my budget in another thread called "how much is your wedding costing you?" Which you should visit. It's brides breaking down their budgets for their DW's. anyway- I'm well past planning a budget- this is the nitty gritty of what I have booked and paid, since we are less than two weeks away:

$5,000- Aqua Resort Package for 24 guests- Cocktail hour, open bar, buffet dinner, minimal decor elements (aka tablecloths chairs, and napkin rings, a "ceremony arch" which we asked to use at our reception since we are getting married at the beach)

$3,190- wedding extras- guests over the 24 included (37 total, $100 each), 6 centerpieces, chinese lanterns for lighting, outside vendor fees, corsages for moms, bridesmaids tiny ass crap bouquet (they charged $10 a rose! we are creating the rest, Dominican Guitar Trio)

$1,300- Church ceremony in DR plus pre cana classes and mailing over necessary paperwork

$55- NYS marriage license and ceremony

$1000- Flights including RT airport transfers

$3,200- Bride and Grooms Room in The Reserve

$350- Flower girl and ring bearer attire (I paid bc they are my niece and nephew) 

$2,800- Photography full coverage including trash the dress session- Phil Steingard

$570- room for photographer as an outside vendor so we do not pay the $1,200 resort outside vendor fee

$1,000- full video coverage by in house videographer Arrecife

$400- Save The Dates and Invitations

$330- brides wedding shoes and flip flops and grooms shoes ($2200 my dress- but mom bought it so sweet gift! His mom also bought his $900 Custom made suit)

$1200 DJ Mannia + LED Dance Floor + Cold Fireworks

$200- 2 12 passenger vans rented to take guests to the church from the hotel

$99 E-Session photo shoot

Destination Total: $20,694

AT HOME RECEPTION

$5,700- open bar, cocktail hour, carving station, salad, pasta station only- not full sit down for 100 guests

$3,200 DJ and percussionist for AHR (This was not intentional lol this was for when we booked our DJ for a stateside wedding, they would not refund the money. Otherwise I would have used an ipod at my AHR because we have a sound system included.)

$225 invitations to AHR

$0- Photography for AHR- a gift from my Godparents. 

$250- Kissing bells and souvenir photo books for 100 guests at AHR

$1000 misc. expenses including postage and various decor items that I most likely am not even using. Ridiculous. And Bridal Party Gifts

$3,000 Decor for AHR- OK this sounds a little nuts buuuuut its a cousin of a friend doing the decor and for all the elements we are getting, its worth it- We are getting a leather couch for us on a stage with a coffee table and a wall unit behind us (I really can't explain it lol I will show you pics later) draping, 10 centerpieces (2 different types), cake table, place card table, overlays for the tables, fresh flowers and candles used in all the elements.

$300 Candy bar for AHR

AHR total: $13,675

Hi Ev,

Wow!!!! Thanks for the breakdown. I never would have  thought there was so much involved. This breakdown helps!!!

Not sure if we are having the at home reception because its going to push us over our budget.

Thanks for the info. I thought it would be cheaper due to the airfare and the hotel but i guess not. There is so much involved I really CANT!!!! lol But we will keep on trucken.

Your day is approaching YAY!!!!    I am sure it is going to be amazing. Good Luck and Have fun. Cant wait to see read your review and pictures!

:) 

Hi all! I will be getting married at PPR on June 28th, 2013! Very excited and a little overwhelmed with all the planning. I was wondering if someone could tell me what happens to the money you deposit in order to get the room block??? Can anyone recommend a good TA that works well with PPR and was able to get good flight prices? Thanks!!!
I had a very good and informative conversation with Patty from "wright travel" she's a TA listed on here. She gave me a lot of info and I told her what I'm interested in. She's based in the wet oats but has visited the properties.

Hi Ladies!

Below is the link to a preview of our wedding photos. As stressed and upset as I was about the wedding, this slideshow put everything back into perspective. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and it gets you excited for your upcoming wedding. http://nordicaphotography.com/slideshow/rothaanddavid/

These should give you an idea of what a garden wedding looks like. 

This is from Altos de Chavon:

Beach shots:

And the fire show - yes, they ask you go stand in between them at the end (scary but awesome).

Originally Posted by Rotha Penn View Post

Hi Ladies!

Below is the link to a preview of our wedding photos. As stressed and upset as I was about the wedding, this slideshow put everything back into perspective. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and it gets you excited for your upcoming wedding. http://nordicaphotography.com/slideshow/rothaanddavid/'>http://nordicaphotography.com/slideshow/rothaanddavid/

Beach shots:

And the fire show - yes, they ask you go stand in between them at the end (scary but awesome).

Originally Posted by Rotha Penn View Post

Hi Ladies!

Below is the link to a preview of our wedding photos. As stressed and upset as I was about the wedding, this slideshow put everything back into perspective. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and it gets you excited for your upcoming wedding. http://nordicaphotography.com/slideshow/rothaanddavid/

Beach shots:

Aww, thank you for sharing your pix!! You can tell that you guys had a blast!! You look gorgeous in your dress. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Liz