2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Originally Posted by Rotha Penn View Post

I had a good call with Bianca today and she sent me some helpful photos of the garden. I didn't like the gazebo, but like you I wanted to wear my heels. Also, I didn't like how the bride entered when using the gazebo. However, we can have a canopy setup in the garden, which makes me so happy since I think it so much more romantic because the gazebo was too high.

I also have better photos of Olympic Terrace if anyone is interested.

Is anyone planning to do a photo shoot outside of the resort? If so, where and how were you planning to get there? My photographer is from Canada, but is friends with Katya (he shot her wedding) so he can ask for places, but I have no idea how we'll get there.

I have a meeting with Lara next week, any tips to keep costs down?

Also, anyone upgrading their cake? Bianca doesn't recommend cakes/flavors that are US because DR chefs have a different palate so it will taste different, so bummed because I was looking forward to an amazing cake.

Sorry for the two different posts! Could you please describe to me where the bride enters for the garden gazebo? I havent even thought of that!! Thank you

Originally Posted by Suzhen View Post

Hello Fellow Brides!

Our wedding date is May 19th and quickly approaching! We are getting so excited and finalizing all of our decor and details so I thought I'd share what we have planned thus far....

4:00 p.m. - Gazebo ceremony (We booked a violinist) and are going with Chill out Chic decor

5:00 p.m. - Cocktail hour on the Beach Terrace (Last minute location change b/c they overbooked the plaza colonial)

6:00 p.m. - Beach Reception

We have a total of 27 adults and 3 kids coming. Our main color accent is light peach and we are going with a Rustic / Burlap Theme. See pictures attached to get a feel of our upcoming wedding day! We are doing white linens with burlap table runners, and flower centerpieces with Light pinks, light peaches, and off-white flowers including some green leaves and ivy....We also chose brown tiffany chairs. For lighting on the beach we chose a string of Round Chinese lanterns...I think it will be really pretty. We are also getting sparklers for our guests to light once it gets dark. : )

My dress is Roses by Reem Acra Laurel Gown. I found it in Nordstrom and fell in love.... We have hired their DJ but really are bringing cd's with all of our own music prepared....For the rehearsal dinner... I was told by Bianca to wait until 2 weeks before our wedding day to make a reservation at once of the restaurants... i don't know how it will go considering some of the posts I have read. I am hoping we can all sit together but maybe not??

Oh and FYI for the cake topper, I found it on Etsy and they personalize it to the dress you are wearing and flower choices. Its really neat!

Well I hope you like my wedding theme and selections. Any feedback, questions or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks Girls.

Suzanne (From Northern NJ)

I Loooove your dress. The cap sleeves are amazing. It fits your theme and will look great on the beach- so flowy and dreamy. Overbooking did I hear? Ugh that's irritating- same happened to me with our reception location, but I have come to terms with it. I'm glad it doesn't seem to irk you. I love the chill out chic decor, but since we had blue as our colors, we went with the Aqua. I love the rustic feel of many of your elements. Your cake topper is adorable- I got mine on Etsy as well. They have many elements that match the Chill out chic, so go Etsy crazy haha. 

Ev, Thanks for your comments! I have to tell you we were really upset when we found out our cocktail location was overbooked... We negotiated a few things to make up for it and ended up getting the beach terrace as our new location so now I am really happy. But our initial reaction was... How do you overbook?????!!!! Lol! Suzanne

Originally Posted by Suzhen View Post

Ev,

Thanks for your comments! I have to tell you we were really upset when we found out our cocktail location was overbooked... We negotiated a few things to make up for it and ended up getting the beach terrace as our new location so now I am really happy. But our initial reaction was... How do you overbook?huh.gif?!!!! Lol!

Suzanne

Let me know about the beach terrace. They offered it as a reception location since we only have 40 guests and they swear they can accommodate that amount. From what I saw in the pictures- it did not seem big enough. They don't have pictures of it set up because it isn't typically used as a location. Bianca says its the same size as Olympus Terrace but it seems smaller. I'd love to see pics after your wedding. I'll look forward to your review!!!! You're almost there.

Hi Gals,

So I am having a total melt down. I finally found a travel agent  who gave us rates 12 bucks less than what the romance office gave us. we are having our wedding during march because my fiancé is not able to get off during the summer months so our rates are 246 per night per person. our travel argent got us 232 pn pp. which is slightly better but has to be locked in by tomorrow and we have to put down 500 bucks plus pay 50 per person staying with in the next 3 weeks. did you girls have to do this. What are your thoughts? my fiancé an I are not sure that this is necessarily better even though she has included airport transfers for an additional 38 bucks and travel insurance which is optional. now I am debating wether or not we should have booked during the summer or fall. this seems a bit outrageous. please let me know your thoughts and what your travel agents worked out for you. 

Thanks ladies 

Hi Gals, So I am having a total melt down. I finally found a travel agent  who gave us rates 12 bucks less than what the romance office gave us. we are having our wedding during march because my fiancé is not able to get off during the summer months so our rates are 246 per night per person. our travel argent got us 232 pn pp. which is slightly better but has to be locked in by tomorrow and we have to put down 500 bucks plus pay 50 per person staying with in the next 3 weeks. did you girls have to do this. What are your thoughts? my fiancé an I are not sure that this is necessarily better even though she has included airport transfers for an additional 38 bucks and travel insurance which is optional. now I am debating wether or not we should have booked during the summer or fall. this seems a bit outrageous. please let me know your thoughts and what your travel agents worked out for you.  We had to do the same. We paid $500 down for the wedding which was deducted off of our package and everyone had to pay $50 deposit. Because we thought this would be difficult for our guests given the short time frame- we paid the $1500 to reserve fifteen rooms. Once all of our guests got around to paying their deposits, the money was reimbursed to us. We had to do the same for our air. But that we do not get back until after we fly. Even though all our guests paid for their flights already. It's a little annoying but basically the travel agents can do much better than what the Miami office offers. They do that so you are forced to use them I feel. Bianca my WC sent me an email to hammer things out before the planning call and in the email it has some "contractual" legal jargon that basically stipulates that because of the "exclusivity" and contracts with vendors that the prices offered by Paradiss are the same they would be when offered by outside vendors because they want "every bride to feel like they have received uniformity". Lol. It seems to be true though because every other hotel has sales on Cheapcarribean.com and Travelocity- except- PPR. Kind of makes me wish we had gone with another less exclusive hotel. We are trying to fenagle rates for my sisters because they really can't afford it and it's been tough. We aren't coming up winning. I already stuffed my sister and her son in my complimentary room for having booked 10 rooms but she will still pay day passes. Better I guess but it's been difficult for people. A groomsmen already dropped and he was deposited! That's the whole reason we are having an AHR. Thanks ladies 

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

Hi Gals,

So I am having a total melt down...

Thanks ladies 

Sorry my response got stuck in he quote of my last post. The mobile app is a little difficult to navigate. I quoted your response and wrote back but it combined the two. Check above!

Has anyone worked with Lara? I emailed her early this week and havent heard back. I don't know what is so difficult about returning an email but they work at a snails pace. This is why they shouldn't have preferred vendors. If their vendors don't work to my liking, I'm just stuck with them? Sucks.

Any former PPR brides on this thread use her services for decor? 

I am bringing things down with me but I wanted to order fresh hydrangeas for my centerpieces.

Has anyone worked with Lara? I emailed her early this week and havent heard back. I don't know what is so difficult about returning an email but they work at a snails pace. This is why they shouldn't have preferred vendors. If their vendors don't work to my liking, I'm just stuck with them? Sucks. Any former PPR brides on this thread use her services for decor?  I am bringing things down with me but I wanted to order fresh hydrangeas for my centerpieces.
Hi Ev, I met Lara and have exchanged emails with her. She seems to respond rather quickly. Because it is holy week and in Dominican republic mostly everything shuts down maybe why she has not responded. She may respond to you by next week after the holiday.