2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Regarding the tan suits, you can rent from Jos A Banks. I believe it's called the Al Fresco, if I remember correctly. If you want light gray, you can rent from Mens Warehouse or Jos A Banks. Smaller tux shops may have tan suits as well.

Regarding the Welcome/Rehearsal Dinner, they are not letting us have it at an a la carte restaurant. They have offered that we can have it at the buffet or pay an additional fee per person for the Beach BBQ, but they will not allow it in one of the sit-down establishments. I was extremely disappointed by this. I refuse to pay one more penny to this resort for the Beach BBQ (and I do not have another $1500 in my budget at this point), so I guess I am stuck with the buffet, which was not my vision at all.

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well. I am having major stress at this time. While finishing grad school, working full time, finishing up a part time internship and having family members who are not doing well health wise. I was told by a family member that maybe i should cancel my wedding and have something small in NY.

I have been waiting for this moment my whole life and it seems like (i am getting the impression that) people are just not happy for me... or have other priorities which is understandable. For example, i sent out my "will you be my bridesmaids?" cards to all of my bridesmaids (8) and i only got a call from 2 of them. It seems like the rest dont really care or maybe i am just reading into things.

I have always been someone who accomodates people. UGH now i dont even think we will be able to even afford an at home reception. I am just really upset. I notice that i cry everyday.

Sorry ladies. I find that this forum is a place to vent and get support from other brides going to the same or similar situaiton.

Its hard being a bride!!! Good luck ladies.

HI!

I feel your pain and stress level! I am also finishing grad school, externship, work and have my tests for my license coming up (which I havent started to study for). My fiancee's family has been a thorn in my side since we started planning this. My future MIL cant keep up with any information I tell her and then claims I didnt tell her anything. Everyone in his family has a new story or something every week. This one wont get on a plane, this one says they cant afford it, this one only wants to go for this and that date. Basically just a pain. From the moment we got engaged I felt as if noone in his family cared. I was forced to invite people from his side of the family(distant relatives that he doesnt speak to) who did not congratulate us on our engagement when we saw them, then they said wont come in a nasty way and now they are thinking about it. One of the girls im asking to be my bridesmaid (im asking her bc I was her bridesmaid and my fiancee and I both feel the bridge to our relationship with this couple will be burned if I dont ask her) has not called me in 2 months, not to ask how my wedding plans are going, not to say hi and when she was getting married I made myself available to her all the time, whether it was to run errands or just to vent. We sent out STD to all family and friends and NONE of our friends have gotten back to us, just to say YES/NO. My fiancee and I have gotten into several arguments about this wedding. If it wasnt for my mom I would said screw this to this entire wedding. I basically came to a point where this is something me and my fiance want. I told him to deal with his side of the family and that I dont want to have anything to do with their nonsense. I understand ur stress and frustration. U need to sit down with your future hubby tell him your concerns and frustrations and make a decision together. If this is what you want then do it. The girls wont answer u? then screw them! the people that really care wont make this day a headache for you. They will go out of their way to make it less stressful. Good luck with everything! it will all turn out the way it should be in the end (sounds easier then it seems lol i know).

Originally Posted by angelnjewels View Post

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well. I am having major stress at this time. While finishing grad school, working full time, finishing up a part time internship and having family members who are not doing well health wise. I was told by a family member that maybe i should cancel my wedding and have something small in NY.

I have been waiting for this moment my whole life and it seems like (i am getting the impression that) people are just not happy for me... or have other priorities which is understandable. For example, i sent out my "will you be my bridesmaids?" cards to all of my bridesmaids (8) and i only got a call from 2 of them. It seems like the rest dont really care or maybe i am just reading into things.

I have always been someone who accomodates people. UGH now i dont even think we will be able to even afford an at home reception. I am just really upset. I notice that i cry everyday.

Sorry ladies. I find that this forum is a place to vent and get support from other brides going to the same or similar situaiton.

Its hard being a bride!!! Good luck ladies.

Girl- we are all on the same boat. If you read this thread a few pages back I complained about this exact thing not too long ago and the girls here allayed all my conflicting feelings. I am a teacher by day and a bartender at 2 different bars at night. I also teach Saturday school- so the busy thing- I TOTALLY feel you on. I literally leave my teaching job and go straight to the bar. My family and friends have complained they haven't seen me and I quite honestly do not have the time. But we NEED the extra money. No question about that and since I don't see anyone reaching into their pockets to help me- they will need to be a bit more understanding.

As far as your wedding- DO WHAT YOU WANT! We wanted Mexico- people complained, we switched to DR- they still complained- we got great rates for hotel and air- they complained, I let the bridesmaids pick their dress- they all agreed on one and then complained about the cost. I learned...drum roll please...that no matter what you do people complain. And who is happy in the end? Not you because you appeased them and not them because they will find something to moan about. My mother brings up the cost thing allllll the time. She is like "remember this is a burden to everyone involved" like gee thanks- didn't think my wedding was a burden- especially since its optional lol but ok. My grandmother who was paralyzed- was not going to be able to come so we planned an AHR for her. She has since passed away and people threw in our faces for a while- how dare we attempt a destination wedding knowing she was ill. We switched from Mexico to DR because my fiances grandmother and fam all live in DR and we switched to appease his family and she recently passed away. Not to be rude- but my point is, you do all this accommodating for everyone else and in the end- you come up losing- so I would not worry about accommodating anyone. 

I'm sorry your bridesmaids have not responded. That's kind of rude. I haven't gotten my RSVP cards back and the deadline was Feb 15... I think people are afraid to say they cant make it but really? We are adults...I would think my friends and family could just politely decline. If they can't be your bridesmaid- they should just tell you. My MOH just told me a week ago she didn't want to be my MOH- after I purchased her dress for her and its 4 months until my wedding. People don't realize that it only makes it worse when they do that. Just tell people soon enough so they can find a replacement or plan! SHEESH. Courtesy is hard to come by. I am sorry for your difficulties but just know you are not alone. I definitely felt like I was at first until all the ladies on BDW commented and said they had similar issues!

Ugh Im sorry to hear everyone's stories.... i think most people including myself try to do a destination wedding to avoid stress, but needless to say, that certainly is not the case!

Just an FYI if any other brides booked a room block through the hotel, make sure you release the unbooked rooms 45 days prior to wedding or when you know you have enough rooms booked. I had booked extra rooms and they said to me if i dont release them i would be responsible for the cost of 3 nights for the unbooked rooms! I dont think so!!!

Another so it seems like the buffet place is the only option for rehearsal dinner? I guess I will do that and maybe have all my guests go to a bar after and dominate the area. Is anyone extending the reception an extra? Its only 3 hours with the package and it ends up being close to another grand to extend. I feel like we should for our guests. But my fiance, my mom and my MOH arent convinced we need- what are your thoughts???

was wondering if anyone had any advise/ recommendation on how to word travel agent and general travel information for an invitation insert.

So far this is what we have been playing around with: 

Ryan & Katie

Ryan and Katie will be arriving in Punta Cana on the 22nd of October. Accommodations can be made at Paradisus Punta Cana. This property sits on the stunningly clear turquoise waters of Caribbean Sea in the Dominican Republic. Your stay will include all of your food, drinks, a variety of water and land sports, live entertainment, airport transfers and all taxes.

Booking early will help secure the best rate as rates are subject to change.

Rates are not guaranteed until a deposit is received.

Feel free to call for an individual quote, or for additional information about the Paradisus Punta Cana Resort Resort.  A deposit is required to hold your space

and rate.  The balance is due 35 days prior to travel. 

Passports are required for travel to Dominican Republic.

There is also an $11.00 entry fee to Dominican Republic please

have exact cash.

You can view the resort at: paradisuspuntacana.com

For travel arrangements please Contact:

XXXXXXXXX

Enchanted Honeymoons Travel

we also want to mention our wedding website info but are not sure how to organize the flow of the insert wording.  PLEASE HELP!!!:)  We are struggling on how to professionally word our "information" insert. 

Hi Katie! This is what we did for our inserts... Our wedding website has all the details anyone will need so we kept it simple: PUNTA CANA Accommodations A block of rooms have been reserved for our guests at Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Kindly, reserve your rooms by March 11, 2013 to take advantage of the special pricing. Only a $50 per person deposit is required at the time of reservation. Please contact our travel Agent Cindy Lorenzo at cindy@myforeverhoneymoon.com. For your convenience, more information regarding travel arrangements, including the discounted room rates, can be found on our website www.leslieandpeterwedding.com Hope that helps!

Hi Ladies!

Thank you for sharing all of your information! I have my planning call tomorrow and I'm starting to freak out - 3 months until our wedding!

If anyone has finished pictures of their wedding, please email me at ideallynot@yahoo.com. I've seen pictures here and there, but I'm just having a hard time envisioning some of it. We're having our ceremony at the garden gazebo and I haven't seen many pictures of it decorated to my style, so I'm rethinking if we should change locations.  A few of you have recommended Theresa, the wedding planner - what is her fee?  Thanks in advance! - Rotha

Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your situation. You only get married once, it's YOUR wedding, do what makes YOU happy.  The bridal suite costs $300 for the time it takes to complete the services you are getting. I heard it is rather small and might not be worth it. I am guessing my suite will be bigger since I am staying at the swim up suite and hopefully get an upgrade. Not sure if that's how you would want to spend your money. I would rather spend it on the actual wedding.  I am using the travel agents from this site, they don't charge extra and were able to get better rates than those offered anywhere online. 
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your situation. You only get married once, it's YOUR wedding, do what makes YOU happy.  The bridal suite costs $300 for the time it takes to complete the services you are getting. I heard it is rather small and might not be worth it. I am guessing my suite will be bigger since I am staying at the swim up suite and hopefully get an upgrade. Not sure if that's how you would want to spend your money. I would rather spend it on the actual wedding.  I am using the travel agents from this site, they don't charge extra and were able to get better rates than those offered anywhere online. 
Thanks for everything... I am debating if getting the bridal suite is worth it...

Hi

HI! I feel your pain and stress level! I am also finishing grad school, externship, work and have my tests for my license coming up (which I havent started to study for). My fiancee's family has been a thorn in my side since we started planning this. My future MIL cant keep up with any information I tell her and then claims I didnt tell her anything. Everyone in his family has a new story or something every week. This one wont get on a plane, this one says they cant afford it, this one only wants to go for this and that date. Basically just a pain. From the moment we got engaged I felt as if noone in his family cared. I was forced to invite people from his side of the family(distant relatives that he doesnt speak to) who did not congratulate us on our engagement when we saw them, then they said wont come in a nasty way and now they are thinking about it. One of the girls im asking to be my bridesmaid (im asking her bc I was her bridesmaid and my fiancee and I both feel the bridge to our relationship with this couple will be burned if I dont ask her) has not called me in 2 months, not to ask how my wedding plans are going, not to say hi and when she was getting married I made myself available to her all the time, whether it was to run errands or just to vent. We sent out STD to all family and friends and NONE of our friends have gotten back to us, just to say YES/NO. My fiancee and I have gotten into several arguments about this wedding. If it wasnt for my mom I would said screw this to this entire wedding. I basically came to a point where this is something me and my fiance want. I told him to deal with his side of the family and that I dont want to have anything to do with their nonsense. I understand ur stress and frustration. U need to sit down with your future hubby tell him your concerns and frustrations and make a decision together. If this is what you want then do it. The girls wont answer u? then screw them! the people that really care wont make this day a headache for you. They will go out of their way to make it less stressful. Good luck with everything! it will all turn out the way it should be in the end (sounds easier then it seems lol i know). [/quote Thanks for your response engaged... This is why I love this site... We are together in this. People are crazy and I have noticed either jealous or selfish when it is your turn....I Hope things work out for you and all of the ladies in here...

Girl- we are all on the same boat. If you read this thread a few pages back I complained about this exact thing not too long ago and the girls here allayed all my conflicting feelings. I am a teacher by day and a bartender at 2 different bars at night. I also teach Saturday school- so the busy thing- I TOTALLY feel you on. I literally leave my teaching job and go straight to the bar. My family and friends have complained they haven't seen me and I quite honestly do not have the time. But we NEED the extra money. No question about that and since I don't see anyone reaching into their pockets to help me- they will need to be a bit more understanding. As far as your wedding- DO WHAT YOU WANT! We wanted Mexico- people complained, we switched to DR- they still complained- we got great rates for hotel and air- they complained, I let the bridesmaids pick their dress- they all agreed on one and then complained about the cost. I learned...drum roll please...that no matter what you do people complain. And who is happy in the end? Not you because you appeased them and not them because they will find something to moan about. My mother brings up the cost thing allllll the time. She is like "remember this is a burden to everyone involved" like gee thanks- didn't think my wedding was a burden- especially since its optional lol but ok. My grandmother who was paralyzed- was not going to be able to come so we planned an AHR for her. She has since passed away and people threw in our faces for a while- how dare we attempt a destination wedding knowing she was ill. We switched from Mexico to DR because my fiances grandmother and fam all live in DR and we switched to appease his family and she recently passed away. Not to be rude- but my point is, you do all this accommodating for everyone else and in the end- you come up losing- so I would not worry about accommodating anyone.  I'm sorry your bridesmaids have not responded. That's kind of rude. I haven't gotten my RSVP cards back and the deadline was Feb 15... I think people are afraid to say they cant make it but really? We are adults...I would think my friends and family could just politely decline. If they can't be your bridesmaid- they should just tell you. My MOH just told me a week ago she didn't want to be my MOH- after I purchased her dress for her and its 4 months until my wedding. People don't realize that it only makes it worse when they do that. Just tell people soon enough so they can find a replacement or plan! SHEESH. Courtesy is hard to come by. I am sorry for your difficulties but just know you are not alone. I definitely felt like I was at first until all the ladies on BDW commented and said they had similar issues!
Ev thank you!!! As I mentioned on a previous post I love this site... I have started to realize that PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS COMPLAIN!!!! I am inviting a whole bunch of people to the wedding... My mom and I continue it argue, I cry everyday and I fight with my fiancé often ,.... Things that never happened in the past are happening now... I I finally heard from 4 bridesmaids so that is good... I am waiting for the rest to respond... Who are you going to have as a MOH now??? That is totally not right!!! I hear from my mom that I should just get married at city hall since it is hard for people to make it..l she old me to invite people who live in DR already because if not it will look UGLY on my part not to do so.... It is crazy because my fiancé and I are planning to pay for this ourselves... Ugh!!! DRAMA Good luck and I hope things work out for you!!!