2013 Paradisus Palma Real

Hi Ladies! I'm back from our site visit. I can't tell you how beautiful and great the resort was! Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Massiel, the Romance Manager was great as well as Rosa, the Romance Coordinator. We met with the vendors as well (Arrecife Photogrpahy, DJ Mannia and the decorations company). They were all very helpful and friendly... not pushy at all! I'll upload the pictures we took at some poInt today and can send some out to everyone who asked for some but I will say pictures don't do it justice! I'm really happy we chose PPR!!

Hello Brides!!! congrats to all of you! My fiancé and I are recently engaged and are thinking of having a destination wedding at PPR. I contacted the romance team and they gave us some room rates and package prices. I like the tailor made package and the aqua. We have never been to paradisus but have read anazing reviews. We are interested in visiting PPR in january 2013 before booking anything. I am not sure if this will count towards the entice me package since we have not picked a date yet. (I don't know where to begin!!!) :confused: We are concerned about the food and hope that our guests enjoy their stay. Has anyone paid a visit to PPR recently? Do you have any suggestions for me? Has anyone chosen the tailor made package? What are your thoughts? Any advice/ suggestions will be very helpful to me... Thank you all! Congrats again to all!!!

Just wanted to jump in Here - My name is Jenn - I am going to be celebrating my 10 year anniversary with my husband and we are going to be celebrating this year by renewing our vows at Paradisus Punta Cana. I am so very excited. We leave on September 27 2012 early morning and our renewal vows will take place on the beach in the evening on our 10th anniversary Sept 28 2002.  . I was hoping that there would be a way for me to bring my own camera and tripod and place it behind the minister just so we could get pictures while they are doing the actual ceremony. But with that fee, that's just crazy. I need pictures, so I guess I will have to contact someone down there about taping it and or doing a few photos with my husband and I.

I plan on playing our own music via my cell phone and wireless speaker set up. Husband doesn't really care about flowers for himself, but I would like some. I would just pick the cheaper Gazebo option but I have been dying to get married on the beach this whole time. Its going to be $210, not sure why this is so much when there is only gong to be 3 people. Why? Are they going to set up chairs for no one? I find that rather ridiculous myself.

Thankfully I have wonderful travel agent who has been dealing with the hotel this whole time.. I would have already have gone crazy picked another place. This place looks great, but I really think they need to work on reading the actual content of the email before just forwarding the packages that are available over and over again. I didn't want to spend $7500 on two people.. that's crazy.

All I need is a picture of how I want my hair, I will do my makeup myself, I will hopefully find someone to deal with finding someone to take a few pictures. Doubt we will do the romantic dinner for two, They want an additional $300.00 per couple. Of course one of the perks that you stay here for is that you don't have to pay for your food and drink.

But none the less I am Extremely excited and I will try to post pictures when I can.. :)

hey evknowsitall,

omg..... sorry didn't respond. I just transitioned to a new job and am adjusting to the crazy hours on orientation and commuting. lol 

I heard back from cecilia and the rates are almost identical!  I am confused it i need to block a new set of rooms.... and my TA has been useless!  Iam so over her and my FI is letting her know tomorrow we will not be using her.  She hasn't replied to mylast email regarding this matter as well as an email from my sister regarding total price for room. 

I now have to let all my guests know that they can contact hotel directly or make their own travel arrangements...... via expedia, hotwire, or the travel agent of their choice!

Hey!!   I saw that you got "picked up" by Bianca after Lauren went MIA....I did as well and was really nervous at first but she has been GREAT!  I hope you are having a good experience with your planning process.  We are getting married there in December and I know it was really confusing when all of a sudden Bianca started responding to my emails but I am really happy to be working with her - she is helpful and has a lot of suggestions to help try and some money or save headaches. I just had my power planning call with her last week and we got so much accomplished!  Really thought I was way behind but feel a lot better now.  I did a site visit last December - love, love, love this resort!  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions during the planning process!  And as I said - Bianca has really been a godsend and I think you will enjoy planning with her!

Hey All

First- to everyone who thinks Lauren disappeared and you were passed on- that's not how it works. Paradisus has different people in different positions. Lauren is not a wedding coordinator, she is a sales rep and one of the first people you talk to just to book a date. Once thats booked you work with a "Romance Planner"- and that's where Bianca comes in. Roughly 45 days before your actual wedding, you will be put in touch with a "Romance Manager" who is in DR and will execute the details of your wedding. It isn't like anyone was passed on or abandoned. I just thought I should explain that so brides who feel jilted would understand that you are just working with several coordinators- each who have their own particular positions. It's a good thing! Not a bad one!

Kel- I am so sorry your TA sucks- my TA has been my saving grace. But she was able to get me the same rates as the deal Paradisus was offering, so I will be blocking the ten rooms. I don't know where you live but I can ask her if it would be ok to provide her info to you. Not sure if location matters.   For the "new" brides WELCOME!!! I was torn between Paradisus and Majestic and in some ways- I feel like I should have gone with Majestic. The biggest drawback for me with Paradisus is the ridiculous astronomical outside photography fee. Also- we wanted a Catholic church ceremony and Majestic has an on-site chapel and Paradisus doesn't. I'll give you my pro list of why we ultimately went with Paradisus for those of you who are concerned:     1) The FI listed Paradisus as his first choice. We also had our parents rank the resorts and Paradisus was everyone's first choice. (not mine, I needed more convincing lol)   2) The exclusivity in terms of # of weddings. I bought a calling card and actually spoke to several resort coordinators. On the dates we wanted, Majestic told me they had 3-5 weddings already booked. Not to be picky McGee but I just don't want to bump into 3-5 other weddings on my day. The coordinator also rubbed me the wrong way when she told me that I needed to be flexible in my dates bc Fridays and Saturdays book well in advance and I should be wiling to get married on a Wednesday. I was calling in June- July- My wedding is in July- I thought a year was enough advance time. She actually almost hung up the phone saying "I don't know what you want to do because your'e not helping me help you and I have no answer for you". BURN!   3) The reviews of Paradisus on every forum were glowing. There was not one bad comment- save for people who complained about seaweed on the beach and bugs which makes me laugh bc um hello... its the Caribbean.    4) There were more restaurant options in Paradisus than any other resort. Having traveled to all inclusives in many locations- If the resort isn't at full capacity, many restaurants will close and your options are limited. The fact that there were so many options at Paradisus means even if one or two are closed, there will be plenty of space to mangia mangia.   5) Upfront Honesty- I haven't felt like there have been hidden fees. Everything is really transparent- especially once you receive the Wedding Calculator. Other resorts didnt require a deposit- this one does- that to me equals security. Money makes a contract, so I feel secure in our date and that our preferences won't change. STILL- our photographer tells us to keep every email.    6) Lastly- every vendor- my photographer, my TA, and vendors we spoke with said- "You will not be disappointed. You have hands down chose the most beautiful resort in all of the Dominican Republic." I know the only one comparable in price is Hard Rock- which had more of a vegas feel and less of the romantic feel we wanted and Sanctuary Cap Cana- which is still being developed and hasn't hosted many weddings yet. Hearing vendors say that makes me happy.   So rest assured- there will be hiccups, but everything happens for a reason! If we picked another resort- we would have had a different date and our dream photographer would not have been available!   Clearly I like to talk- so any newbies with questions feel free to PM me or reply to the thread. I check back often!

Hi Ev! Thanks for make things a bit clear for me. I wish you all of the best!!! It seems like everything is falling into place ;) :D I still have like a million questions...Sorry if I'm asking so many, I feel kinda stressed cuz I haven't even started yet! You are getting married in July. Are room rates more expensive in July? Do you have to find your own TA or do they assign you some one( I'm clueless)? Regarding photography- I like the arrecife. The pictures on Facebook look amazing. Who is going to be your photographer? I have watched some videos on YouTube and the weddings look amazing! Are you getting a videographer. What package did you choose. I'm interested in getting the tailor made package because of the welcome party but am wondering if you can add this to the other packages? My FI and I are stuck between le blanc in cancun, which we have been to and it is amazing and paradisus palma real. Our friends say it is beautiful but we have never been. We are planning to goin January. Also my parents are Dominican so it is kinda easier to have them travel back home then have them travel to a new country. (my parents don't travel much). His parents will go where ever we choose which is great! Another reason we are looking to get married in DR is because we met in puerto plata. We are two new Yorkers living 15 min away from each other and had to go all the way there to meet... How funny!!! I have mixed emotions right now because if we have the destination wedding we will also have a reception party back home for all who could not attend... I look forward to continue learning new things and chatting with you! Happy planning and best wishes to all!!!

Hey Angel,

I understand all of your questions, I had a lot of them myself. I found that after I contacted the Romance Planner in Miami, a lot of the questions were answered. They will send you a number of documents for your review. Whatever, I'm about to tell you make sure your check it out for yourself to confirm:)

Room rates. I am getting married at PPR next July and it appears that the room rates are lower at the end of summer and early fall because it's closer to hurricane season. I feel that we have great rates--the lowest I've seen.

TA vs no TA. This is your choice. You can book a group rate directly with PPR in Miami. We chose to go with a travel agent that specializes in destination weddings. We talked to 5 different agents in Maryland and DC and had a list of questions for them. We ultimately went with the agent that was the most responsive and offered the best deal. The TA was very important because we want our guests to work with someone who is friendly and highly organized. For example our TA is including airport transfers for no extra fee, our TA met the rates of the PPR, we can cancel rooms up to 60 days before with no penalty, the TA sends personalized invoices to our guests along with payment plans etc. The PPR people in Miami were not very helpful in terms of these services.

Photographer. We are not sure yet. My fiance is leaning toward bringing a photographer from the U.S. The cost of a 3 night stay and airfare will be about the same as the highest package from Arrecife (if I recall). It all depends on what we can afford.

Videographer. My cousin is a professional videographer. We are bartered to pay for her stay in exchange for a short video.

When you go in January, you may want to book the Entice Me offer. The hotel stay is deducted from the total cost of your wedding  if you book at PPR. Talk to the romance planner before you book for details.

We chose Chill Out Chic. You can add whatever event you want. You can add a welcome dinner or private cocktail party. When you get the budget calculator it lists almost everything you can think of--including the things in the Tailor Made package.

Good Luck.