Moving to another resort???

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 colm226

colm226
  • Site Supporter
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

My fiancee and I are flying into Mexico on 8/29 and going home 9/8.  We asked our guests to come for a long weekend (8/31 - 9/3).  Alot of our guests are coming a couple of days early or staying longer.  We decided to move to another resort on 9/4 after most of our guests leave so that we have a couple of days alone... Is that rude?

#2 Nino

Nino
    • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I don't think it is, if you only ask them to come for a couple of days and you are staying with them that time, it should be ok to leave, if they want to stay longer that is because the want to have a vacation, and that doesn't mean that they want to spend it with you the entire trip..  :)

I say go for it and enjoy your time...

good luck.

#3 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hi Colm226,

Absolutely not! It is very common pratice for us to do the exact same things for many of our brides. Even though you are already in destination, everyone couple needs a 'honeymoon' :)

#4 colm226

colm226
        • Site Supporter
        • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback!  I don't feel guilty anymore ;)

#5 Kristy28

Kristy28
          • 160 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

We are staying at the resort for an extra four days once everyone leaves. There are a few people that are staying longer and we have decided that we are just not telling anyone where we will be for those few days. We are spending an entire week with everyone.

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#6 Sharon99

Sharon99
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

We are staying an extra 5 days after for our "honeymoon" but I wish we would have told people we were leaving earlier then we are. His MOTHER is staying the entire time. Even leaving on the same flight as us coming home :(
              Everyone else is going home 2 or 3 days earlier. I say dont feel bad at all. Go to another resort or dont tell them when you are leaving lol!

#7 mzthan6

mzthan6
              • 176 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm sure it's understandable. it's your honeymoon too ;)

Originally Posted by colm226 

My fiancee and I are flying into Mexico on 8/29 and going home 9/8.  We asked our guests to come for a long weekend (8/31 - 9/3).  Alot of our guests are coming a couple of days early or staying longer.  We decided to move to another resort on 9/4 after most of our guests leave so that we have a couple of days alone... Is that rude?

#8 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                • 296 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

eek his mother?! least romantic honeymoon ever! hopefully she'll understand you need alone time.

we're going to have a mini honeymoon of maybe 2 days in a different resort. i have my family coming in from england and theres no way they can come for less than a week so we're encouraging them to come before the wedding, then we will stay a day or so after wedding for our goodbyes then go somewhere our mini honeymoon =)

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

We are staying an extra 5 days after for our "honeymoon" but I wish we would have told people we were leaving earlier then we are. His MOTHER is staying the entire time. Even leaving on the same flight as us coming home :(
                  Everyone else is going home 2 or 3 days earlier. I say dont feel bad at all. Go to another resort or dont tell them when you are leaving lol!

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

I don't think its rude at all.  Thats the one thing I regret most about our destination wedding is that we didnt move to another resort after our wedding.  We never had any alone time as we kept running into our wedding group at the resort.  I say do it and enjoy the time together.

#10 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                  • Vendor
                  • 183 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Speaking as a wedding professional, I can safely tell you that soooo many of my clients do this! It's something to look forward to, a bit of special "alone" time and not rude at all! In fact, quite a normal part of the destination wedding experience! Some people just move to another hotel (think romantic and boutique-y) while others hop on a flight and go somewhere exotic! So many amazing resorts and locations!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users