Hair Flower Ideas (Pic Heavy)

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hey Shelley - If you turn your flash off, you can get a better pic. The light reflects off of the white.

#32 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:38 AM

hey shelley, how did you attach them to the clip & what type of clip is it? i bought a flower on a stem at a craft store & a comb-like clip. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach it. i dont trust hot glue enough.

I've taken the flower off the stem. i was thinking of trying to sew it on. I'm also considering metal wire. another thought is to glue something into where the stem was & stick that straight into my hair (which will be up). Just the slick alone didn't feel right. Too thick maybe. It also wasn't bent right.

#33 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

Oh my god Julie.. I love you!! I found a couple pics I really really like and think that is how my hair will be... man that is the thing I've been stressing a bit about.. how to do my hair... yay!!!

#34 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

PS.. Shelley your flowers look awesome.. you are so crafty!! Love it

#35 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chiquita
            Oh my god Julie.. I love you!! I found a couple pics I really really like and think that is how my hair will be... man that is the thing I've been stressing a bit about.. how to do my hair... yay!!!
            I am so glad I could help. I know how stressful the hair part is, in fact I have not picked my hair do yet. lol

#36 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LisaG
              Hey Shelley - If you turn your flash off, you can get a better pic. The light reflects off of the white.
              oh good thoughts!! lol, I will try that!

#37 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

Ok... revisiting this topic :) For those that used a hair flower, what type of backer did you use? I'm ordering from either FLOWER CLIP :: Hand Picked Silk Flower Hair Clips and other Floral Accessories or Gabby Mac (who is also on Ebay cheaper!). My hair is fairly thin, shoulder length, and I'm planning on having it tied up loosely - prob in a french twist type thing. Should I get smaller flowers on bobby pins or alligator clips? And for a larger flower, do you use a comb or alligator clip? Hoping someone can help!

#38 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hopels
                  Ok... revisiting this topic :) For those that used a hair flower, what type of backer did you use? I'm ordering from either FLOWER CLIP :: Hand Picked Silk Flower Hair Clips and other Floral Accessories or Gabby Mac (who is also on Ebay cheaper!). My hair is fairly thin, shoulder length, and I'm planning on having it tied up loosely - prob in a french twist type thing. Should I get smaller flowers on bobby pins or alligator clips? And for a larger flower, do you use a comb or alligator clip? Hoping someone can help!
                  Mine came with an alligator clip on the back. It stayed in all night with no problem. I didn't have to adjust it at all. I do have thick hair though.

#39 Leticia

Leticia
                  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

good job with all the suggestions ladies!!
                    I'm still searching for the perfect one flower in the hair that will look good with a veil, so keep posting!!

#40 LadyP

LadyP
                    • 3,156 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

How to make Retro Silk Flower & Rhinestone Hair Pins this is the site I hope to use to create my hair flower. But I have what is know as dreadlocs so I dont know if my hair is too thick for a hair clip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users