Sign in to follow this  
MissBubbles205

Calling all 2012 & 2013 Brides... Where are you getting married?

Wedding booked last night for the 5th December at the Beloved Hotel in Playa Mujeres!!!! 

I have no idea what the hell I need to do next other than book flights and find a dress!! 

I'm gonna be a Mrs before the year's out! Eeeeek! woot.gif

I have two months or less to plan. Palace, Karisma, or...properties? I need a children friendly place. Anyone have any bad experiences with these hotel chains? (PS - In Cancun/Riviera Maya area)?

hi!! welcome to the boards. congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I'm a big fan of Karisma resorts - the Azuls are family friendly. Azul Sensatori is the largest, and they also have Azul Beach and Azul Fives. Depending on how many guests you have, Generations Maroma may also be an option.

Most folks I've heard from prefer Sensatori. Murmel (Miriam) has an official AS thread where you can find tons of good info on the resort & planning process.

Do you have a TA you're working with? If not, I'd highly recommend looking into Wright Travel - they are a GIVC agency with Karisma, and have some kick-butt perks available for booking through them.

Good luck with your planning!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastminbride View Post

I have two months or less to plan. Palace, Karisma, or...properties? I need a children friendly place. Anyone have any bad experiences with these hotel chains? (PS - In Cancun/Riviera Maya area)?

Thank you so much Allie. I'm having a hard time because I'm so close in that hotels won't do group bookings at anything else than rack rates. Crazy!! And without the group booking code/number it seems I won't get my group promotions (free rooms, 'unlimited' private events, etc...). Has anyone else had experice with such las ,impute planning?

Looks like it will be Moon Palace.

I definitely wanted to use a BDW travel agent, but I booked through our friends' membership and wouldn't get their status level and other benefits unless we created and all book through their membership dept. :(

Since it's so last minute, I don't even get a room block. :( I hope it all works out.  So many things were sold out (for members -not for the general pubic - even though members are not supposed to have any blackout dates - sucks), that I hope when my guests call to book, they actually get rooms!!! He told me there would be ...but "no guarantees". 

Now off to the last minute planning.

What destination wedding website have you ladies used?

Anyone at MP have a good offsite wedding planner (before passing on to the onsite wedding coordinator)?

Thanks!