Photo

OOT travel mugs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yumii28

yumii28
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Might be a dumb question but .... why are people including travel mugs in their OOT bags?

#2 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
    • 400 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but my guess, and my own personal reasons are that they are fantastic for using at all inclusive resorts. All inclusives use flimsy 8oz plastic cups, which aren't very eco friendly, nor do they hold much. The travel mugs allow you to keep your drinks cold longer, keep sand out of them, and they hold more liquid, which equals less trips to the bar.

I'm choosing not to personalize mine, and we're using Bubba Kegs (which are pricey, but very popular/good brand) so that our guests will definately use them again afterwards.

Hope this helps :)

Originally Posted by yumii28 

Might be a dumb question but .... why are people including travel mugs in their OOT bags?

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#3 lkw4568

lkw4568
      • 63 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Same here...most of my group loves to drink and the 6-8oz cups wouldn't cut it! It's also something nice they can take back home and use! I also am doing non personalized bubba kegs, I hope they will be a big hit

#4 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
        • 177 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

The glasses they give you at AI are generally very small. Ppl use travelmugs at resorts so that they are not constantly going back to the bar for a refill. Like previously mentioned it also keeps the drinks cold for longer.

#5 yumii28

yumii28
          • 169 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for sharing the information. Can anyone send me a link to the bubba kegs you got?  And are there any good deals on them?

#6 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
            • 400 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

You can buy them online at

Thanks for sharing the information. Can anyone send me a link to the bubba kegs you got?  And are there any good deals on them?

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#7 abs824

abs824
              • 153 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for that link

#8 LalaJ

LalaJ
                • 157 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Check out http://www.discountmugs.com/ The following promo code is good through this Sunday for 10% off: "FRESH10" I bought some items for my OOT bags from them and I'm very pleased with the quality and service.

Hard Rock Punta Cana May 12, 2012

#9 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I love the travel mug idea!.. I was going to buy a bunch of travel mugs and vinyl them with peoples name or our wedding date and location since I have a cricut.. But I was worried about them taking up too much room in our luggage.

#10 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                    • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I meant to say I was going to get the travel mugs from the $1 tree. I have bought them for other vinyling ideas and they seem to do pretty durable for the price.

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

I love the travel mug idea!.. I was going to buy a bunch of travel mugs and vinyl them with peoples name or our wedding date and location since I have a cricut.. But I was worried about them taking up too much room in our luggage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users