• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nsg4729

nsg4729
  • Site Supporter
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi Ladies-

I just wanted to share my journey to invitations! I was so back and forth with everything, but I knew I wanted passport invites.  After getting inspired by all the ladies on this forum, I decided to go for it.  Since I had to do over 100, I figured I would only do passport invites for the people that I know are coming, then do something simpler for other invited guests.  So, I will show you that attempt.  In the end, I decided to make passport invites for everyone!  It was definitely a labor of love.

Attempt#1 - I created these and I liked them, but thought it might be a little too formal:

IMG_0099.JPG

Attempt#2: Then I thought these would be more fun, but I didnt like they way they looked printed.

IMG_0100.JPG

So, in the end, I made the following for eveyone:

IMG_0970.JPG

With some complimentary pieces documents:

1.  RSVP card that I made with cardstock and had some purple paper from papers and more to do the purple ribbon header.

2.  Registry Info.  Just made this with regular cardstock in Word.  My logo came from Aylee

3.  The business card is a card with the photoshare info.  I created a free photoshare website on shutterfly, so this business card has the info for that.  I got the business card free from Vistaprint.  Just had to pay shipping.

4.  The passport are from Aylee templates (only $10).  The paper came from Joanne's fabric.  The prices for the paper ranged from 4/$1 or $3/1 (so for .25 or .33 I was able to create 2 passport covers). I would wait until there was a sale and buy all of that purple color they had.  And I also bought some of the white paper since that was nice as well.  So, I did like 25% white, then the rest in purple.  I printed them on my home computer and the cardstock came from some I had at home (probably from office depot) and the other half I ordered from papers and more (which I love).  I had to purchase a paper cutter to do all this (what the background of the pic is).  It was $39.99 in Office depot.  I originally bought a smaller one from Joanne's fabric, but this one was 100 times easier. I have not calculated total cost, but probably spent $60 on ink, $20 in paper, and $30 for envelopes (I ended up printing the addresses on them one by one in my printer), and $40 in supplies.  The paper and supplies I get to reuse and that includes all of these items and not just them invites.  I ended up making about 115-120 of these! Yikes!

IMG_1011.JPG

I also had the following RSVP until I ran out.  These I got free from Vistaprint for 100 of them.  After I ran out of these, I made the RSVP card you see pictured above.

IMG_0977.JPG

Hope that helps someone!  I'm not creative at all, but I somehow did this from all the wonderful advice from this forum! So, thank all the ladies for sharing!

#2 leenancy

leenancy
    • 212 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Those look great! I love Ayleebits templates.

05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
      2 Guests booked through other services

#3 Speckles121

Speckles121
      • 720 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Super fabulous..you did a great job with them!! I wish I had enough time/patience to have done them..I gave in and just ordered them from a local printing company.

#4 nsg4729

nsg4729
        • Site Supporter
        • 83 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

it was definitely a labor of love!  All the cutting is what kills you - lol.

#5 mzthan6

mzthan6
          • 176 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

They look great :) what's the passport size?

#6 cwhite9494

cwhite9494
            • Site Supporter
            • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

These look great. Wonderful job.

#7 abs824

abs824
              • 153 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Awesome job

#8 nsg4729

nsg4729
                • Site Supporter
                • 83 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thanks so much and I used a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and cut that in half.  So, I was able to create two passport for every sheet of paper.

#9 principessa

principessa
                  • 219 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

They turned out great! Love the colours and the palm trees you used - very pretty :)

#10 cindy2013

cindy2013
                    • 189 posts
                    • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
                    • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

What was the weight of your cardstock cover?

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users