Sign in to follow this  
corbyc

-=-Seriously Considering RIU Guanacaste for April 2013 Wedding and Need Any/All Input-=-

Hi CR2013,

I just got back from Riu Guanacaste.  Let me just say, you better be on top of your wedding coordinators because they are pretty lazy and unorganized. At least thats how i felt.  It was the most important day but also the most stressful since there was an earthquake right before the wedding and it thunderstormed.  Hope your wedding goes smoothly.  Just stay on top of your coordinators!!

I have booked for FEB 2013 wedding and found that the prices for anything private is very expensive.

She quoted me open bar for $50 - eventhough it is all inclusive - and then the meal cost are comparible to North American prices - btwn $30 - 60$.

So to me it wasn't worth it.  You can ask you planner for a price sheet.  And remember that everything is extra: flowers, settings, dj etc etc  In the end we will be doing the semi private dinner and then renting a conference room for $300 to celebrate.

I hope this helps.

Hi

I am an independent wedding planner with 10 years experience in destination weddings in the Guanacaste area... In these past few months, I have booked quite a few clients for 2013 weddings that are staying at the RIU but want something more private (sometimes the RIU has 3 different weddings going on in the same day...) Some people are OK with getting a fully packaged wedding, but some people like to customize things to what they really want, and I have found it that RIU is not very open to changes in what they offer. I wasn't aware that they charge you for food and beverage (even though they are all inclusive), but if you start adding up, you can have a great wedding in a more private place (between the two RIU hotels, there will be about 1500 hotel rooms in that beach for 2013)...

I guess I am just writing this because sometimes people don't know there are a lot of affordable options in the area to hold a wedding and reception...

I got married at the RIU Guanacaste and was not disappointed !!! I was in a small group of friends and loved every minute Message me any questions

Hi Sallee,

Your blogspot seems to be private.  Are these pics from your big day?  I would LOVE to see them since I am getting married there in 2 months.  Did you use Wedding Day Story for your photographer?

Hello, I read your post and was wondering how did your wedding go at the RIU Costa Rica.  I also am considering to have our wedding at that location at the end of August this year.  I would appreciate any feedback.  Thank you!

Katherine 

My daughter is getting married at the Riu Guanacaste over Thanksgiving.  Could you please send me a pricelist for the extras?    I appreciate your help.  Thanks.  Judi  My e-mail is judi.kase@yahoo.com