Sign in to follow this  
nikkiandrich

Ocean Blue Photographer & Video

Hi ladies! I'm getting married at Ocean Blue November 10, 2012. I visited the resort last month with my fiance & we loved it cheesy.gif but didn't have time to visit or see the resort's photographer/videographer. Anyone have seen or heard reviews on their work? I'd appreciate any info. and if anyone wants me to share more, I'm happy to. Thanks!

I've also seen a lot of talk about Caribbean Emotion, but I looked at their site and wasn't all that impressed.  What kind of pricing did you get for Ocean Blue?

I wasn't overly impressed with their site either (Caribbean Emotions) but after seeing many pics from other brides on this forum, their facebook group, etc.....I love their photos. Their website is fairly outdated for some reason, and they seem to use the FB site for their recent work. Just a tip :) There are also fantastic reviews on this site for them - they are #3 for all photogs reviewed on this forum. HDC is also great - and it came down to just about a coin toss for me between the two.

As for the resort photographer, I'm really not sure. I think I found very limited info on him on the Ocean Blue facebook group....but couldn't really find an official site, or sample pics. I was turned off of the resort photographer right away anyways,  just based on the pricing that the resort sent me, and the lack of flexibility in the packages.

Sorry I couldn't help very much!

Originally Posted by jlb392 View Post

sorry for the series of responses (well, not really- need to get to 150 so I can access the templates).  I did just check out HDC's site, and out of the two, they do seem like the better photogs.  here's their site:

http://www.hdcphoto.com/

I have pricing for both Caribbean Emotions, and HDC if you're interested just let me know. They are both very comparable which is why I assume many brides end up coming down to the two of them for their weddings :)

I didn't realize their site was just out of date.  I would love pricing on both.  thanks. Do you know anything about Julia Eskin.  I looked at her site and her work is amazing, but I'm still waiting to hear back from her.

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post

I have pricing for both Caribbean Emotions, and HDC if you're interested just let me know. They are both very comparable which is why I assume many brides end up coming down to the two of them for their weddings :)

I just got back from our wedding at Paradisus Palma Real and we used ***** Nova. She was FABULOUS! I had originally contacted Julia Eskin, but she was unavailable on our wedding day and she recommended ***** Nova. Seriously ***** & Rob are a photography team and they were so fun to work with. Check out our pictures here: http://www.*****novablog.com/kerry-bill-paradisus-palma-real-wedding-punta-cana/