Choosing a Location and Resort?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MissBubbles205

• 1,350 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hello Ladies!!  This is my 2nd newbie thread.. But I am curious.. How did you ladies decide on what location and resort to have your destination wedding at? All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've never been out of the country, so I don't know where to look or what I'm looking at. I signed up for desintationweddings.com and seem to find their information outdated and overpriced. So I just sent in a request for a BDW TA :o)

We've been looking for Family-friendly all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Bahamas, Punta Cana, and Turks & Caicos for the Summer of 2013. I can't believe how many choices we have.  This is much harder than I ever expected. I thought destination wedding were suppose to be easy. lol.

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

well, the deciding on where was the hardest part for me, especially since it was sight unseen!  a TA will really be able to help you narrow down the choices based on partical things like ease and cost of getting there, resort options based on what you're looking for (AI, kid friendly or adult only, things to do off resort, etc.).  so i'm glad you contacted someone.

once you decide on that, the rest should fall into place!

#3 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

I agree 100% with Ann.  Picking the resort was the hardest choice for me, especially b/c my husband said that everywhere was fine with him!  A TA will definitely be able to guide you to a resort that fits your needs.  Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users