Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maridr2012

Annoying and Rude/Intrusive Questions People Ask

Recommended Posts

Ooh the next person who asks me "why aren't you having it in a school holiday" will be shouted at!, because those of us who don't have kids don't want to pay a fortune for flights!!!M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!  Right...like I am really going to plan my wedding around your kids school holiday.  ummm....NOT.

 

 

Originally Posted by balibride View Post

Ooh the next person who asks me "why aren't you having it in a school holiday" will be shouted at!, because those of us who don't have kids don't want to pay a fortune for flights!!!M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I add mine to the list? After booking our venue (which is off-resort in Punta Cana) I was telling my aunt and cousin about our plans so far and the resorts we were deciding between. They were not too happy with the price ranges we told them we were expecting. The next day my aunt sends me an email with a link to a groupon for a resort in the Dominican. Um, thank you, even though that resort is not even in the same city as my venue. She also sent me a link to a "love boat" cruise line where you can get married by the ship's captain. Thank for trying to plan my wedding for me...?

 

Same cousin freaked out when I told her we were expecting the resort prices to be $1500 per person. She said the price was too high and that she would book on her own, because she was assuming that our wedding costs were included in the prices and that's why they were so high for guests. Yes, you're right, I'm trying to get my guests to pay for my wedding... *eye roll*

 

Another cousin said to my mom, "I hope your meal at the wedding is included so you don't have to pay for it." What?! I don't even know what to think of that question. 

 

It's true though, a lot of people's rudeness has to do with money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by balibride View Post

 

Ooh the next person who asks me "why aren't you having it in a school holiday" will be shouted at!, because those of us who don't have kids don't want to pay a fortune for flights!!!M

I am a teacher and I'm not even planning my for a holiday -- its bumps the prices up like crazy and it means the resorts could be full of children...no thanks, my vacation (wedding, no less) is just that a vacation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by cinnagirl View Post

 

Can I add mine to the list? After booking our venue (which is off-resort in Punta Cana) I was telling my aunt and cousin about our plans so far and the resorts we were deciding between. They were not too happy with the price ranges we told them we were expecting. The next day my aunt sends me an email with a link to a groupon for a resort in the Dominican. Um, thank you, even though that resort is not even in the same city as my venue. She also sent me a link to a "love boat" cruise line where you can get married by the ship's captain. Thank for trying to plan my wedding for me...?

 

Same cousin freaked out when I told her we were expecting the resort prices to be $1500 per person. She said the price was too high and that she would book on her own, because she was assuming that our wedding costs were included in the prices and that's why they were so high for guests. Yes, you're right, I'm trying to get my guests to pay for my wedding... *eye roll*

 

Another cousin said to my mom, "I hope your meal at the wedding is included so you don't have to pay for it." What?! I don't even know what to think of that question. 

 

It's true though, a lot of people's rudeness has to do with money. 

I don't think $1500 pp is too high at all - people need to recognize that a 3 star resort that you get for a great deal (ie under $1k pp) might be great for spring break or a last minute trip but it is not necessarily the ideal location for a wedding! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol. The audacity of ur aunt to give u unsolicited options for ur wedding. Hahaa. Lately I've been getting a lot of calls, emails, and text messages from friends and relatives complaining about the price of flights. Like...I have the secret magic phone # to call the airlines and have them lower the prices. Mind you, we are still 6 months out from the wedding. I don't know how many times I've had to say, "setup an alert on Kayak, and prices typically go to standard fare prices about 3 months out for the Carribbean". And I also have folks complaining about possibly having to take a flight with a layover to keep it affordable. Imean really. Is a 90 min layover that terribly hard if you want to save $ and see us married and enjoy a great vacay?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Mlite83 View Post

 

I don't think $1500 pp is too high at all - people need to recognize that a 3 star resort that you get for a great deal (ie under $1k pp) might be great for spring break or a last minute trip but it is not necessarily the ideal location for a wedding! 

Exactly! I think people see all the groupon deals for $500 for a resort stay or all the last minute deal and are coming to expect it as the regular price. My one cousin (the one complaining about the price) was saying that she's stayed at resorts with her husband for $1500 total the two of them. I just wanted to say, "what kind of resort are you staying at that's THAT cheap, and do you really think that's where I want to spend my wedding week?!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

 

Lol. The audacity of ur aunt to give u unsolicited options for ur wedding. Hahaa. Lately I've been getting a lot of calls, emails, and text messages from friends and relatives complaining about the price of flights. Like...I have the secret magic phone # to call the airlines and have them lower the prices. Mind you, we are still 6 months out from the wedding. I don't know how many times I've had to say, "setup an alert on Kayak, and prices typically go to standard fare prices about 3 months out for the Carribbean". And I also have folks complaining about possibly having to take a flight with a layover to keep it affordable. Imean really. Is a 90 min layover that terribly hard if you want to save $ and see us married and enjoy a great vacay?!!

Hahaha, yeah, and it wasn't like I was asking for their opinions on the resorts. All I said was we're still deciding between this one and that one. Well that's an open enough opportunity for my aunt apparently. I couldn't believe it when I got the emails. My response was, "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind." lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by cinnagirl View Post

 

Exactly! I think people see all the groupon deals for $500 for a resort stay or all the last minute deal and are coming to expect it as the regular price. My one cousin (the one complaining about the price) was saying that she's stayed at resorts with her husband for $1500 total the two of them. I just wanted to say, "what kind of resort are you staying at that's THAT cheap, and do you really think that's where I want to spend my wedding week?!"

Exactly!  I also think some people don't realize that when you are planning a wedding you can't wait to do a better deal last minute because there might not be sufficient room on the flight over or at the resort.  So yes, prices may get cheaper closer to the date but if you want a guarantee that you will definitely have a seat on the plane and room at the resort than you best book with our group!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Searching for discount wool wedding dresses? Browse David's Bridal wedding dresses for sale, including discount plus size & designer wedding dresses online now!
    • Online shopping for Magic Kits & Accessories from a great selection at Toys & Games Store
    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
  • Topics

×