Rose Hall Great House

I was told, by the Hilton, that it is $10,000 to rent the Great House/use the property - it was the same cost for the Johnny Cash Estate.  I will look for the information - I can always email it to you, i know I have it saved.

Originally Posted by Laura2013 View Post

Right now I am also considering having my ceremony at the Aqueducts and maybe the reception at the Rose Hall Great House with a buffet and open bar. I have emailed some Wedding Coordinators for price quotes, but am getting really impatient-I just want to make a decision already lol! I do already have a quote from Almarie at Tropical Weddings Jamaica for just the ceremony at the Aqueducts, but am trying to figure out if I want the reception at the Great House or back at the Iberostar. Does anyone already have price quotes or any type of information about what is available for a reception at the Great House (food, music, etc)? We are thinking we will have between 25-50 guests. Thanks in advance for any input, this site has been such a great source of information. : )

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... That is definitely way more than we want to spend. Hopefullly we can at least just stop there for some photos and head back to Iberostar or somewhere else comparable in price to Iberostar for the reception. Thanks for the information. Have you picked your venues yet?

Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

I was told, by the Hilton, that it is $10,000 to rent the Great House/use the property - it was the same cost for the Johnny Cash Estate.  I will look for the information - I can always email it to you, i know I have it saved.

We decided to stay at Iberostar RHS and have the wedding there as well.  Originally I HATED the idea of an on-the-beach wedding because I didn't want people in their bathing suits standing around while I am in a wedding dress... however, I found this picture:

HM.ashx.jpg

and I thought if we could have the wedding on the beach "during" sunset, it would probably be more private as I wouldn't assume many people are still laying on the beach and sunbathing at this point in the day.  I love the entire look of the picture - candles, etc.  Very romantic looking.   We figured we could take all of our pictures ahead of the ceremony - which I love because I have seen photos of the bride coming up behind the groom, surprising him and that is when he sees her for the first time.  I like that moment captured in a photograph as oppose to the walking down the aisle.  It also helps alleviate my stress about sweating in my make-up.  Last summer when I was in Jamaica I barely wore any because it was so hot!  At least my pretty wedding makeup will look good in the pictures! haha.

Below is the email I got from Hilton Rose Hall.  I also have information from the Ritz Carlton that I can send to you.  I do have all the attachments from both hotels in regards to costs if you want to see them.

Dear Allie,   Thank you for your response. Further to your email. The cost for a plated dinner when staying at the hotel is US$45.00 plus 28% taxes and service charge per person. For 60 persons your cost is US$57.60 X 60 = US$3456.00   Cost of the bar is US$650.00 plus 28% taxes and service charge =  US$832.00 for 3 hours   If you and your party are not staying at the Resort please see the attached Banquet Guide for prices.    The Packages available online are built to remain as they are. I recommend starting with the least expensive package (Cool Runnings US$1200.00) and adding the items that you require. To rent the aqueduct the cost is US$2500.00.   The Rose Hall Great House and Johnie Cash estate rental cost is US$10000.00.   A cost applys to all request eg. dj, dance floor, lighting ect.   I hope i have covered everything but let me know if you require additional information. Thank you once again for choosing the Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa.

Oh my goodness!! Where did you find this picture?!! This is exactly what I envision for a beach wedding but hadnt seen anything like this at the Iberostar properties yet? I have been really leaning towards the Aqueducts for the ceremony location, but now I don't know....I just got off the phone with the Suites and they said they require 90% of the guests stay at the Suites. I am not sure how I would make sure that happened...strongly suggest my guests stay there, but what if they don't? How are you planning on doing this? I am still waiting on an answer from the Beach to see if they have the same requirements. Thanks so much for the info from the Hilton- that is def way more than we are willing to spend. Also, do you have an alternate location picked for if it rains??

Maybe it is possible to have my dream beach wedding and then either get photos at the Aqueducts and Great Rose Hall (I wonder if they charge to just take photos there) before the sunset ceremony. I CAN'T wait finalize this decision, this is so stressful!

I actually found the picture on the Half Moon wedding website (it's another resort in Montego Bay).  For us, picking a venue was the most stressful.  We got information from Iberostar, Half Moon, Hilton Rose Hall and the Ritz.  Ultimately, we picked Iberostar Rose Hall Suites (over the Beach and the Grand).  IRHS had really great reviews.  While the Hilton was a nice property, a lot of the reviews said there were TONS of kids running around.  The Ritz wasn't a "true all-inclusive" which we didn't like - we didn't want our guests not to be able to eat at certain restaurants, etc.  All-inclusive was just easier for us.  Half Moon was beautiful and we absolutely LOVED the property but we have a lot of young friends/guests and the vibe at the resort is definitely older.  We didn't want something that quiet, even thought that is what my FI and I prefer.  Iberostar is a great mix because they have so many dining options, night clubs and daily activities, etc.  We thought about doing the reception at IRHS and the ceremony at the Aqueducts - which is why I have all the info - but the FI objected.  He didn't want everyone to have to travel from the hotel to a different location.  He worried about making sure everyone making the provided transportation, about bathrooms, stuff like that.  He said if we are picking a hotel than we are doing everything there - and while I secretly agreed I did want my "dream ceremony."

Like I said, I hated the idea of a beach wedding.  I was against it from the beginning; however, after I saw this picture, I knew I could be happy.  I just don't want people in their bathing suits watching my wedding.  Also, try googling "Marisa Axelrod Amazing Race Wedding" - this girl was apparently on the Amazing Race and had her wedding at the Suites.  Her wedding was the first one I truly liked that I saw done at the Suites.  It seems a lot of people bring so many extras - like decorations, etc.  I thought hers was elegant but still done tastefully and didn't look tacky.

I wasn't aware of the 90% rule - we had planned on telling guests they could stay at the Suites or the Grand so I will have to ask my TA.  To be honest, for a DW I think your guests will stay where you tell them too.  Since all our guests will be booking via our TA, she is not allowing them to book at the Beach - even if they want too.  That was our solution to that problem.

At Iberostar, their "indoor location" is a dome area between the Suites and the Grand.  Yes, it's indoors but it's not terrible looking and if it rains, then there is obviously nothing we can do.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you don't have your ceremony at Iberostar, just your reception, the bride whose wedding is at the resort that day has first pick of reception location, etc.

What if you found out if you can do a TTD shoot or something at the aqueducts?

Thanks for all the information Allie. I am still struggling in making the final decsion on the Aqueducts or on the beach, but the picture you posted is pretty much how I envision a beach wedding. I definitely want the wooden chairs, sunset, candlelight, not overly decorated etc. I googled Marisa's wedding and it wasa beautiful. I requested the wedding date request form from Iberostar Suites and Beach so as soon as I get it I am think I am going request my date for the Bach and see what happens. I am leaning towards the Beach because they only require 80% stay at any of the three resorts instead of the Suites 90% Suite only requirement. I have at least a few guests that I know will be staying at Sandals and a lot of guests that would most likely prefer the Beach over Suites based on the cost. I am definitley going to hope to do a TTD at the Aqueducts if we don't get married there. Have you made any more progress on your plans? I saw a list of questions you posted you had on one post, and I had pretty much all the same questions. My goal this week is to get a wedding website started and Save the Dates made.

I actually found the picture on the Half Moon wedding website (it's another resort in Montego Bay).  For us, picking a venue was the most stressful.  We got information from Iberostar, Half Moon, Hilton Rose Hall and the Ritz.  Ultimately, we picked Iberostar Rose Hall Suites (over the Beach and the Grand).  IRHS had really great reviews.  While the Hilton was a nice property, a lot of the reviews said there were TONS of kids running around.  The Ritz wasn't a "true all-inclusive" which we didn't like - we didn't want our guests not to be able to eat at certain restaurants, etc.  All-inclusive was just easier for us.  Half Moon was beautiful and we absolutely LOVED the property but we have a lot of young friends/guests and the vibe at the resort is definitely older.  We didn't want something that quiet, even thought that is what my FI and I prefer.  Iberostar is a great mix because they have so many dining options, night clubs and daily activities, etc.  We thought about doing the reception at IRHS and the ceremony at the Aqueducts - which is why I have all the info - but the FI objected.  He didn't want everyone to have to travel from the hotel to a different location.  He worried about making sure everyone making the provided transportation, about bathrooms, stuff like that.  He said if we are picking a hotel than we are doing everything there - and while I secretly agreed I did want my "dream ceremony."

Like I said, I hated the idea of a beach wedding.  I was against it from the beginning; however, after I saw this picture, I knew I could be happy.  I just don't want people in their bathing suits watching my wedding.  Also, try googling "Marisa Axelrod Amazing Race Wedding" - this girl was apparently on the Amazing Race and had her wedding at the Suites.  Her wedding was the first one I truly liked that I saw done at the Suites.  It seems a lot of people bring so many extras - like decorations, etc.  I thought hers was elegant but still done tastefully and didn't look tacky.

I wasn't aware of the 90% rule - we had planned on telling guests they could stay at the Suites or the Grand so I will have to ask my TA.  To be honest, for a DW I think your guests will stay where you tell them too.  Since all our guests will be booking via our TA, she is not allowing them to book at the Beach - even if they want too.  That was our solution to that problem.

At Iberostar, their "indoor location" is a dome area between the Suites and the Grand.  Yes, it's indoors but it's not terrible looking and if it rains, then there is obviously nothing we can do.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you don't have your ceremony at Iberostar, just your reception, the bride whose wedding is at the resort that day has first pick of reception location, etc.

What if you found out if you can do a TTD shoot or something at the aqueducts?

Here are the email responses I received.... (from two separate emails)  The red are Tiffany's responses 

1.  Is it possible to have someone rolling cigars for guests during cocktail hour? unfortunately we donâ€t offer that service

2.  Can we do a fireworks show? Unfortunately no, we do not allow fireworks

These are both things that would have to be done by Jamacian vendors - not sure if there is anyone the hotel works with?  if its possible? and if you have pricing? We arenâ€t aware of any Jamaican vendors that offer cigars rolling but if you find one you can contact them directly.

1.  We plan to marry on the beach and would like to do a ceremony right at dusk.  See attached picture - wedding ceremony_inghilterra.  Is that possible - to have candles, lighting on the beach?  yes you may do that

2.  I also love the wedding of Marisa Axelrod - she was married at your resort last June.  See pictures - http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/marisa-axelrod-and-kent-cecil-wedding-photos/?pid=1906.  We plan to have the reception at the beachfront restaurant.  I would like to rent out the whole thing but will have to see the number of people coming.  We would love to have a DJ and dancing in this area as well. ok, no problem

3.  Marisa Axelrod's cake was also beautiful.  Was this done by the hotel or by an outside vendor?  I would love a speciality cake - something beach related. Yes it was done by the Hotel, just send us a picture and we will check with the chef to see if what you send us is possible.

4.  I love these centerpieces - http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/marisa-axelrod-and-kent-cecil-wedding-photos/?pid=1897 - and will probably do something similar.  I saw similar arrangements on the Tai Flora website. Tia Flora was the ones who did the centerpieces .

5.  We will be renting chilvary chairs or white wooden chairs from Tai Flora for the beach ceremony.  Is that something I can coordinate through the hotel or do I need to speak with Tai Flora separately. You need to speak to Tia Flora separetely

6.  On this website, showing weddings from Iberostar - http://www.weddingsbyiberostar.com/WEDDING-DETAIL-SHEET-IBGRRH.pdf - I really like some of the "Port Maria ideas additional costs."  Specifically the ones with the lights going up the columns in the restaurant.  Is that something we can do as well?  Please let me know how we would coordinate/price that? this picture shows the Iberostar Grand, not the Suites.  If you want, you can get this style at the Steakhouse restaurant but you will how to contact Tai Flora as they are the ones that did this setup.

7.  We also plan to do a beach bonfire - maybe Friday night (May 24, 2013).  We would also like to have a welcome dinner at one of the resort restaurants that night.  Obviously I will know later now many will be attending but is it possible to make a large dinner reservation like that? yes you can have dinner for the group in one of the hotel restaurants.

8.  I have read that the hotel does a beach party on Saturday nights?  Is this something our guests can attend? Yes   Is it possible to get an area set up specifically for us?  we can reserve a special area . Is there a bar set up on the beach for this party? yes they do have a bar open for the Beach Party.

9.  Confirm that I do not need to worry about flowers, etc. until around January 2013?  If I need to do things sooner, I will.  I will just worry about invitations, save the dates, travel arrangements (we have a travel agent already), etc. until I am notified by you that I need to start "planning." At least  4months in advance you can start contacting the flower Shop

Again, I know we have time. I just want to make sure my wedding "vision" can be achieved through the hotel.  Please let me know.

Thank you so much for sharing Allie!!! I had all of these questions so this is extremely helpful. We just submitted our signed contract for the Beach today, hoping to get the confirmation soon....

Here are the email responses I received.... (from two separate emails)  The red are Tiffany's responses 

1.  Is it possible to have someone rolling cigars for guests during cocktail hour? unfortunately we donâ€t offer that service

2.  Can we do a fireworks show? Unfortunately no, we do not allow fireworks

These are both things that would have to be done by Jamacian vendors - not sure if there is anyone the hotel works with?  if its possible? and if you have pricing? We arenâ€t aware of any Jamaican vendors that offer cigars rolling but if you find one you can contact them directly.

1.  We plan to marry on the beach and would like to do a ceremony right at dusk.  See attached picture - wedding ceremony_inghilterra.  Is that possible - to have candles, lighting on the beach?  yes you may do that

2.  I also love the wedding of Marisa Axelrod - she was married at your resort last June.  See pictures - http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/marisa-axelrod-and-kent-cecil-wedding-photos/?pid=1906.  We plan to have the reception at the beachfront restaurant.  I would like to rent out the whole thing but will have to see the number of people coming.  We would love to have a DJ and dancing in this area as well. ok, no problem

3.  Marisa Axelrod's cake was also beautiful.  Was this done by the hotel or by an outside vendor?  I would love a speciality cake - something beach related. Yes it was done by the Hotel, just send us a picture and we will check with the chef to see if what you send us is possible.

4.  I love these centerpieces - http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/marisa-axelrod-and-kent-cecil-wedding-photos/?pid=1897 - and will probably do something similar.  I saw similar arrangements on the Tai Flora website. Tia Flora was the ones who did the centerpieces .

5.  We will be renting chilvary chairs or white wooden chairs from Tai Flora for the beach ceremony.  Is that something I can coordinate through the hotel or do I need to speak with Tai Flora separately. You need to speak to Tia Flora separetely

6.  On this website, showing weddings from Iberostar - http://www.weddingsbyiberostar.com/WEDDING-DETAIL-SHEET-IBGRRH.pdf - I really like some of the "Port Maria ideas additional costs."  Specifically the ones with the lights going up the columns in the restaurant.  Is that something we can do as well?  Please let me know how we would coordinate/price that? this picture shows the Iberostar Grand, not the Suites.  If you want, you can get this style at the Steakhouse restaurant but you will how to contact Tai Flora as they are the ones that did this setup.

7.  We also plan to do a beach bonfire - maybe Friday night (May 24, 2013).  We would also like to have a welcome dinner at one of the resort restaurants that night.  Obviously I will know later now many will be attending but is it possible to make a large dinner reservation like that? yes you can have dinner for the group in one of the hotel restaurants.

8.  I have read that the hotel does a beach party on Saturday nights?  Is this something our guests can attend? Yes   Is it possible to get an area set up specifically for us?  we can reserve a special area . Is there a bar set up on the beach for this party? yes they do have a bar open for the Beach Party.

9.  Confirm that I do not need to worry about flowers, etc. until around January 2013?  If I need to do things sooner, I will.  I will just worry about invitations, save the dates, travel arrangements (we have a travel agent already), etc. until I am notified by you that I need to start "planning." At least  4months in advance you can start contacting the flower Shop

Again, I know we have time. I just want to make sure my wedding "vision" can be achieved through the hotel.  Please let me know.