dreams promo book 5 rooms get 6th free

hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any info on the dreams promo of booking 5 room get the 6th free, we are staying at dreams los cabos, we have 2 single rooms, and 12 double rooms, (including us) but 1 of the dbl rooms is not flying out of canada with us and westjet they are flying out of the usa with us airways, my travel agent has been very unclear of how the promo works, im not sure if we would qualify for the 2nd free room and if so we dont have another dbl occupancy to use it on, only the singles which im not sure if they will let us. if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great!

Hi

I'm getting married at the Dreams Tulum, and I booked with a travel agent. My carrier turned out to be Air Canada because of all the cities are guests are flying out of. I guess WestJet and and Air Transat didn't offer flights from all our requested cities in November 2012.   Having said this, I only know what Air Canada offers but I'm sure it would be similar to Westjet.  We received a free room for every 6 double occupancy (2 guests per room) booked. We have 18 double occupancy rooms booked, and we also have 2 single occupancy rooms as well.  The single occupancy rooms do not count towards a free one....even when we initially had 3 singles and tried negotiating.  In the end, we are receiving 3 free rooms, which is the maximum that they will allow even if we had booked another 6 rooms, you do not get a 4th room for free.  

You are able to use the credit to actually grant yourself or others free rooms or you can divide it amongst all the guests that booked the rooms with your agent.  The monetary value of the credit is the price for your travel agency to purchase a basic room for 2 people from the resort NOT INCLUDING taxes. For example, if the basic room costs YOU $1500 plus taxes per person but your travel agency buys it for $1400 per person plus tax from Air Canada Vacations or whoever, then your free room is worth $2800.  So....the dollar value that you get for free is $2800, which you can apply to the cost of the rooms.  

In your situation, it sounds like to me that you would get 2 free rooms if Westjet does the same thing as Air Canada. I hope this helps.

Hi

I'm getting married at the Dreams Tulum, and I booked with a travel agent. My carrier turned out to be Air Canada because of all the cities are guests are flying out of. I guess WestJet and and Air Transat didn't offer flights from all our requested cities in November 2012.   Having said this, I only know what Air Canada offers but I'm sure it would be similar to Westjet.  We received a free room for every 6 double occupancy (2 guests per room) booked. We have 18 double occupancy rooms booked, and we also have 2 single occupancy rooms as well.  The single occupancy rooms do not count towards a free one....even when we initially had 3 singles and tried negotiating.  In the end, we are receiving 3 free rooms, which is the maximum that they will allow even if we had booked another 6 rooms, you do not get a 4th room for free.  

You are able to use the credit to actually grant yourself or others free rooms or you can divide it amongst all the guests that booked the rooms with your agent.  The monetary value of the credit is the price for your travel agency to purchase a basic room for 2 people from the resort NOT INCLUDING taxes. For example, if the basic room costs YOU $1500 plus taxes per person but your travel agency buys it for $1400 per person plus tax from Air Canada Vacations or whoever, then your free room is worth $2800.  So....the dollar value that you get for free is $2800, which you can apply to the cost of the rooms.  

In your situation, it sounds like to me that you would get 2 free rooms if Westjet does the same thing as Air Canada. I hope this helps.

how does your travel agent not know how many free rooms you will get? 

did you book any sort of group contract or do a group booking where it said you were going to get free rooms?  for our clients, it is written into the contract exactly what the free amenities will be.

here are the terms and conditions of the promo from the AMResorts webaite...hope this helps.

Quote:

Terms & Conditions

The Gatherings, Getaways and Groups promotion is valid on all new reservations and requests made for travel from now through April 30th, 2013 at Dreams Resorts & Spas. All reservations are subject to availability and can be closed out at anytime.Blackout dates dates apply January 1, 2012 to April 14, 2012 and select other dates. Guests must check with their local Tour Operator or Travel Agent to confirm that this promotion is available during preferred dates.

All reservations must be booked through the same source in order to qualify for this offer. Entire promotion is based on adult double occupancy.

Redemption Procedure

Guests booking directly, either at DreamsResorts.com or calling 866-2DREAMS, must designate a group leader to complete the form athttp://amresorts.com/promotions/3g/dreams.html in order to redeem this promotion. If guests booked through a travel agent or tour operator, they must contact them directly for their booking procedures on this promotion.

Form must be completed or the travel agent/tour operator must be notified, 30 days prior to booking. The refund of sixth room will not be issued until 7 days prior to travel.

There is a 6 room minimum for this offer and 20 room maximum, including complimentary rooms. Social groups are defined as groups that do not require any additional services, planned events, meeting space, food and beverage events, etc. Any group requiring services of any kind must be directed to the hotel's Groups Sales Manager and are subject to a surcharge. Ten rooms or more are considered a group and must contact the resort directly to receive a group contract.

Additionally, each group will receive the following:

• Private check-in
  • Every sixth room within the group will be complimentary with a maximum of three complimentary rooms per group booking (room nights calculated daily and are not cumulative). It is not required to have 5 rooms in the same room category in order to receive the 6th room free. The free room will be given in the lowest room category with the lowest rate. Additionally, the complimentary room will be given for the same number of nights that the majority of the rooms have been booked. (ie – five rooms booked at 3 nights and one room booked at 5 nights. Complimentary room will be awarded 3 nights.)
  • 1 complimentary VIP room upgrade for every 10 room nights paid with a maximum of two upgrades per day (room nights calculated daily and are not cumulative). Upgrades are given to the next room category where the bulk of the 10 rooms are met.
  • $200 in resort coupons per room (rules of use apply and are listed below).
  • The complimentary room(s) will be issued in the same room category as the other 5 paid rooms. Room upgrades are based on availability and apply to the next room category where a room block of 10 rooms are achieved for the average length of stay. Private check-in is applicable when the group arrives to the resort all together and the resort has been notified at least 30 days prior to arrival.

Resort Coupons

Resort coupons can not be applied toward the following items: beauty salon services, spa product purchases, telephone charges, dolphin experiences, gift shop purchases, boutique purchases, internet service, marina services, dive shop, medical services, car rentals and travel agency services. Resort Coupons must be redeemed at the time of reservation or service. Resort Coupons do not hold any cash or commercial value, are not refundable and non-transferable.

They are not applicable for tips, taxes, private functions and/or special events such as Christmas and New Years Gala dinners. Resort Coupons are not accumulative and cannot be combined with any other promotion or special offer including, but not limited to spa treatment discounts. They are only valid during the original stay and cannot be deducted upon check out.

This promotion is based on adult double occupancy and is combinable with early booking bonuses and other promotions however, cannot be combined with other Groups Promotions or complimentary wedding packages. Restrictions may apply and this entire offer is based on availability. Blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Valid for agents from United States and Canada only. Employees of tour operators and wholesalers do not qualify.

Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post

hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any info on the dreams promo of booking 5 room get the 6th free, we are staying at dreams los cabos, we have 2 single rooms, and 12 double rooms, (including us) but 1 of the dbl rooms is not flying out of canada with us and westjet they are flying out of the usa with us airways, my travel agent has been very unclear of how the promo works, im not sure if we would qualify for the 2nd free room and if so we dont have another dbl occupancy to use it on, only the singles which im not sure if they will let us. if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great!

she isnt sure because we have 10 double rooms and 2 single occupancy rooms so we are trying to see if they will honor the single rooms in the promo or not. as it stands she knows we get one free room. hopefully they will count the singles towards it.

If your final count ends up being 10 double and 2 single...maybe the two single rooms could be the free rooms because otherwise you will get one double room free (5 paid double rooms is 6th double room free) and then not have enough double rooms to get a second room free because you will only have 4 double rooms left and 2 singles.

One free room based on double for three nights at 160/pppn would be 320.00*3=960.00 back.  Two free single rooms would be 205.00*3=615.00 + 205.00*3-615.00 which would be 1230.00.

Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post

wonder what would work out better, take the one free room based on dbl, or take the two single rooms free?

Has anyone gone through the process of receiving this promotion?  We have 15 rooms booked at Dreams Puerto Aventuras in September.  Therefore, we should be receiving 3 free rooms.  We want to apply the value of the rooms towards our Honeymoon suite.  However, we can not get anything in writing or information in regards to the amount we will be credited or the timeframe and manner with which we will receive the credit.  Any information would be great!!!