Photo

dreams promo book 5 rooms get 6th free

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ashleyrm

ashleyrm
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any info on the dreams promo of booking 5 room get the 6th free, we are staying at dreams los cabos, we have 2 single rooms, and 12 double rooms, (including us) but 1 of the dbl rooms is not flying out of canada with us and westjet they are flying out of the usa with us airways, my travel agent has been very unclear of how the promo works, im not sure if we would qualify for the 2nd free room and if so we dont have another dbl occupancy to use it on, only the singles which im not sure if they will let us. if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great!

#2 BeaBride

BeaBride
    • Site Supporter
    • 84 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
    • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi

I'm getting married at the Dreams Tulum, and I booked with a travel agent. My carrier turned out to be Air Canada because of all the cities are guests are flying out of. I guess WestJet and and Air Transat didn't offer flights from all our requested cities in November 2012.   Having said this, I only know what Air Canada offers but I'm sure it would be similar to Westjet.  We received a free room for every 6 double occupancy (2 guests per room) booked. We have 18 double occupancy rooms booked, and we also have 2 single occupancy rooms as well.  The single occupancy rooms do not count towards a free one....even when we initially had 3 singles and tried negotiating.  In the end, we are receiving 3 free rooms, which is the maximum that they will allow even if we had booked another 6 rooms, you do not get a 4th room for free.  

You are able to use the credit to actually grant yourself or others free rooms or you can divide it amongst all the guests that booked the rooms with your agent.  The monetary value of the credit is the price for your travel agency to purchase a basic room for 2 people from the resort NOT INCLUDING taxes. For example, if the basic room costs YOU $1500 plus taxes per person but your travel agency buys it for $1400 per person plus tax from Air Canada Vacations or whoever, then your free room is worth $2800.  So....the dollar value that you get for free is $2800, which you can apply to the cost of the rooms.  

In your situation, it sounds like to me that you would get 2 free rooms if Westjet does the same thing as Air Canada. I hope this helps.

#3 BeaBride

BeaBride
    • Site Supporter
    • 84 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
    • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi

I'm getting married at the Dreams Tulum, and I booked with a travel agent. My carrier turned out to be Air Canada because of all the cities are guests are flying out of. I guess WestJet and and Air Transat didn't offer flights from all our requested cities in November 2012.   Having said this, I only know what Air Canada offers but I'm sure it would be similar to Westjet.  We received a free room for every 6 double occupancy (2 guests per room) booked. We have 18 double occupancy rooms booked, and we also have 2 single occupancy rooms as well.  The single occupancy rooms do not count towards a free one....even when we initially had 3 singles and tried negotiating.  In the end, we are receiving 3 free rooms, which is the maximum that they will allow even if we had booked another 6 rooms, you do not get a 4th room for free.  

You are able to use the credit to actually grant yourself or others free rooms or you can divide it amongst all the guests that booked the rooms with your agent.  The monetary value of the credit is the price for your travel agency to purchase a basic room for 2 people from the resort NOT INCLUDING taxes. For example, if the basic room costs YOU $1500 plus taxes per person but your travel agency buys it for $1400 per person plus tax from Air Canada Vacations or whoever, then your free room is worth $2800.  So....the dollar value that you get for free is $2800, which you can apply to the cost of the rooms.  

In your situation, it sounds like to me that you would get 2 free rooms if Westjet does the same thing as Air Canada. I hope this helps.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

how does your travel agent not know how many free rooms you will get? 

did you book any sort of group contract or do a group booking where it said you were going to get free rooms?  for our clients, it is written into the contract exactly what the free amenities will be.

here are the terms and conditions of the promo from the AMResorts webaite...hope this helps.

Quote:

Terms & Conditions

The Gatherings, Getaways and Groups promotion is valid on all new reservations and requests made for travel from now through April 30th, 2013 at Dreams Resorts & Spas. All reservations are subject to availability and can be closed out at anytime.Blackout dates dates apply January 1, 2012 to April 14, 2012 and select other dates. Guests must check with their local Tour Operator or Travel Agent to confirm that this promotion is available during preferred dates.

All reservations must be booked through the same source in order to qualify for this offer. Entire promotion is based on adult double occupancy.

Redemption Procedure

Guests booking directly, either at 

hi ladies, just wondering if anyone has any info on the dreams promo of booking 5 room get the 6th free, we are staying at dreams los cabos, we have 2 single rooms, and 12 double rooms, (including us) but 1 of the dbl rooms is not flying out of canada with us and westjet they are flying out of the usa with us airways, my travel agent has been very unclear of how the promo works, im not sure if we would qualify for the 2nd free room and if so we dont have another dbl occupancy to use it on, only the singles which im not sure if they will let us. if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 ashleyrm

ashleyrm
    • 16 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

she isnt sure because we have 10 double rooms and 2 single occupancy rooms so we are trying to see if they will honor the single rooms in the promo or not. as it stands she knows we get one free room. hopefully they will count the singles towards it.

#6 anichols8

anichols8
      • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

I was told that the single rooms cannot count as one of the 5 rooms BUT a single room could be the free room.  So if you have five double rooms booked, you will get comped a single rate room. 

#7 anichols8

anichols8
        • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

If your final count ends up being 10 double and 2 single...maybe the two single rooms could be the free rooms because otherwise you will get one double room free (5 paid double rooms is 6th double room free) and then not have enough double rooms to get a second room free because you will only have 4 double rooms left and 2 singles.

#8 ashleyrm

ashleyrm
          • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

wonder what would work out better, take the one free room based on dbl, or take the two single rooms free?

#9 anichols8

anichols8
            • 232 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

One free room based on double for three nights at 160/pppn would be 320.00*3=960.00 back.  Two free single rooms would be 205.00*3=615.00 + 205.00*3-615.00 which would be 1230.00.

Originally Posted by ashleyrm 

wonder what would work out better, take the one free room based on dbl, or take the two single rooms free?

#10 colm226

colm226
              • Site Supporter
              • 36 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Has anyone gone through the process of receiving this promotion?  We have 15 rooms booked at Dreams Puerto Aventuras in September.  Therefore, we should be receiving 3 free rooms.  We want to apply the value of the rooms towards our Honeymoon suite.  However, we can not get anything in writing or information in regards to the amount we will be credited or the timeframe and manner with which we will receive the credit.  Any information would be great!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users