Photo

Bridal shower HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

i need help with favor ideas.. i am the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding and she is having an all pink theme. I am looking for inexpensive but nice looking favors. i tried making sock cupcakes, but they add up quick.. idk any ideas on things? i want something that is great for all ages. the party is in july so i have time, but it is all females.. she is looking at about 85 people at the shower.. (so glad im doing destination) HELP!!!

All because, two people fell in love!

#2 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

For my shower, I made sugar scrubs for all the guests, and I got rave reviews. I think it worked out to maybe $2/jar? I still have about 25 jars if you decide to go this route.

This may be too much info but whatever LOL

I got pet jars from Uline (sold by the case, best prices I could find), sugar and oil from Aldi (cheapie grocery store) and fragrance oils from Michaels. One variety box of fragrence oils would make more than 85 scrubs. I made labels and tags and I was able to make 40 jars in one night.

IMG_0498.JPG

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#3 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
      • 675 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

I have been in 10 weddings and probably been to at least 20 showers and I have never received a "Favor" for attending the shower.  Of course, we would get prizes for any games played, but that's it.  So, are favors even a necessity, especially for 85 people???  It's definitely a nice gesture, but I have never expected anything from a wedding shower just for attending. 

But, I do think the sugar scrubs sounds fab!!!

#4 marooon13

marooon13
        • 250 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
        • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
        • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Those are adorable- and so easy to make!! 

Originally Posted by acireta 

For my shower, I made sugar scrubs for all the guests, and I got rave reviews. I think it worked out to maybe $2/jar? I still have about 25 jars if you decide to go this route.

This may be too much info but whatever LOL

I got pet jars from Uline (sold by the case, best prices I could find), sugar and oil from Aldi (cheapie grocery store) and fragrance oils from Michaels. One variety box of fragrence oils would make more than 85 scrubs. I made labels and tags and I was able to make 40 jars in one night.

IMG_0498.JPG

#5 Kristy28

Kristy28
        • 160 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

I agree. I have been to many bridal showers and I have never recieved a favor. If you did one it would be great but I would not feel obligated to do them.

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#6 principessa

principessa
          • 219 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

This is such a great idea!!

#7 Krs398

Krs398
            • 166 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

one of my bridesmaids maid these for our favors.  You could fill them with pink jelly beans!

jelly beans.jpg

#8 alyssaw

alyssaw
              • Huddler
              • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

I've been to several showers and have received favors at some but not all. The favors I received were super cute! At one shower, we were given small mirrors which were personalized with our name, photo below. At my shower, one of the hostesses gave everyone really cute patterned dish washing gloves, I believe she got them at Michaels.  She put them in white take out boxes and tied the box with a bow in our wedding colors.  Everyone loved it!  

As people said above, I wouldn't feel pressured to give a gift to everyone at the shower, especially since it sounds like there will be a lot of people there. I think giving a gift to the winners of games that are played is sufficient. However, if you do decide, I hope some of these ideas helped!!

:Favor pictures.JPG

#9 cindy2013

cindy2013
                • 189 posts
                • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
                • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by alyssaw 

I've been to several showers and have received favors at some but not all. The favors I received were super cute! At one shower, we were given small mirrors which were personalized with our name, photo below. At my shower, one of the hostesses gave everyone really cute patterned dish washing gloves, I believe she got them at Michaels.  She put them in white take out boxes and tied the box with a bow in our wedding colors.  Everyone loved it!  

As people said above, I wouldn't feel pressured to give a gift to everyone at the shower, especially since it sounds like there will be a lot of people there. I think giving a gift to the winners of games that are played is sufficient. However, if you do decide, I hope some of these ideas helped!!

:Favor pictures.JPG

Love those little mirrors!

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#10 sswed13

sswed13
                • 178 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Krs398 

one of my bridesmaids maid these for our favors.  You could fill them with pink jelly beans!

jelly beans.jpg

cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users