Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Misskris6

2013 Moon Palace Bride-to-be!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by airica26 View Post

 

 

 

Just to give everyone an idea here is what I paid for additional decor from DecoCanun:

 

  • Structure to outline the dance floor $450 (see picture below)
  • Lounge Area (wicker couch, 2 small chairs and a table) $150
  • Wicker seating for 4 with small table $120
  • Tiki Torches to line the entrance $8 each
  • Tall Tables (for around the bar area) $55 each
  • Centerpieces (Large glass bowl with sand and shells with a large banana leaf under them) $42 each
  • Bouquet and Boutinere $295  (I did not want roses and the resort wanted $300 for just the bouquet to be upgraded so I am using my complimentary bouquet for pedals for the flower girl's basket and corsages for the mothers)
  • Fuschia napkins $3 each

 

TOTAL was `$1900

 This was a lot cheaper than one of the collections that the resort offered. I went a little bit crazy with the decor but you get the idea of how much things are.

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry forgot the picture:

 

I can't get the one of the dance floor thing to load but here is the really cute furniture you can rent.

 

 

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey ladies, I am back from my wedding and it is incredible. We all made a great choice with Moon Palace. Check out my review and if you have any questions just send my a message. Erica http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/moon-palace-golf-spa-resort-all-inclusive/reviews/7184  
Hello, I saw you were a recent bride! Congrats! I have a question. Did you do the legal ceremony at the moon palace?! If so, how did the process go? I choose to have the legal ceremony and I am also having a hard time finding a past bride who had a legal ceremony. It makes me a little nervous, that everyone seems to do the symbolic and now I am Wondering if there is a reason why...(I hope not) I am just curious to see if the legal ceremony is legit or not. If not..do you recommend that I Should change to the symbolic ceremony? Thank you in advance for anyone who can help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey ladies, I am back from my wedding and it is incredible. We all made a great choice with Moon Palace. Check out my review and if you have any questions just send my a message. Erica http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/moon-palace-golf-spa-resort-all-inclusive/reviews/7184  
Hello, I saw you were a recent bride! Congrats! I have a question. Did you do the legal ceremony at the moon palace?! If so, how did the process go? I choose to have the legal ceremony and I am also having a hard time finding a past bride who had a legal ceremony. It makes me a little nervous, that everyone seems to do the symbolic and now I am Wondering if there is a reason why...(I hope not) I am just curious to see if the legal ceremony is legit or not. If not..do you recommend that I Should change to the symbolic ceremony? Thank you in advance for anyone who can help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

 

I am just in the midst of booking Moon Palace for my wedding in November 2013. I am looking forward to going through all of these posts and seeing what everyone's experiences have been like!

 

airica26 - Thank you for the review! I especially appreciated the heads up about the 7 free nights being converted into resort credits. We are also going to be in that situation since we have lots of guests coming. I will have to make sure that we are on top of what we do and do not receive!

 

Juliebeth - I can't speak for anyone else, but we are doing a symbolic ceremony because we are already legally married. That being said, I think most people would choose the symbolic route because it is faaaaaar less hassle with regard to paperwork, legal requirements, etc. I think Mexico requires bloodwork to be done. The Mexico legal ceremony is totally legit, there is just a lot of official legal stuff you need to do because it is legit. Just lots of stuff that you probably don't want to deal with when you are on vacation, especially a destination wedding vacation. With the symbolic you can kind of just show up and do your thing with minimal hassle. But I am just speculating. Hope that helps. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by FutureMrsSingh View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I am just in the midst of booking Moon Palace for my wedding in November 2013. I am looking forward to going through all of these posts and seeing what everyone's experiences have been like!

 

airica26 - Thank you for the review! I especially appreciated the heads up about the 7 free nights being converted into resort credits. We are also going to be in that situation since we have lots of guests coming. I will have to make sure that we are on top of what we do and do not receive!

 

Juliebeth - I can't speak for anyone else, but we are doing a symbolic ceremony because we are already legally married. That being said, I think most people would choose the symbolic route because it is faaaaaar less hassle with regard to paperwork, legal requirements, etc. I think Mexico requires bloodwork to be done. The Mexico legal ceremony is totally legit, there is just a lot of official legal stuff you need to do because it is legit. Just lots of stuff that you probably don't want to deal with when you are on vacation, especially a destination wedding vacation. With the symbolic you can kind of just show up and do your thing with minimal hassle. But I am just speculating. Hope that helps. :)

 That is nice you are already legally married!  I wish we could do that. and Yeah, it seems to be a lot to do, but I have a big family and just having a legal ceremony just seems to be the best deal and will have to go through that hassle! :) Fingers crossed it won't be that stressful of a process.

Your wedding will be here before you know it!  Have you heard from your coordinator to set a location for your ceremony and reception yet?  

I am so excited for everyone's special day and think it is so nice to have a forum of other brides to share the experience with!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Juliebeth View Post

 

 That is nice you are already legally married!  I wish we could do that. and Yeah, it seems to be a lot to do, but I have a big family and just having a legal ceremony just seems to be the best deal and will have to go through that hassle! :) Fingers crossed it won't be that stressful of a process.

Your wedding will be here before you know it!  Have you heard from your coordinator to set a location for your ceremony and reception yet?  

I am so excited for everyone's special day and think it is so nice to have a forum of other brides to share the experience with!  

 

No I have not heard from the coordinator yet, but we just sent in our request form at the end of last week. We are working with a travel agent, and I have been obsessively calling the Moon Palace every day (so has our travel agent) just to ensure that our desired locations are still available for our date that we want. We should be finalizing everything this week in terms of locations and room blocks etc. I can't wait to get that part done so that we can start booking all of our other stuff!

 

I agree that it is really nice to have a forum to talk to other destination brides. Congrats on your engagement and good luck with your planning! When are you getting married?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by FutureMrsSingh View Post

 

 

No I have not heard from the coordinator yet, but we just sent in our request form at the end of last week. We are working with a travel agent, and I have been obsessively calling the Moon Palace every day (so has our travel agent) just to ensure that our desired locations are still available for our date that we want. We should be finalizing everything this week in terms of locations and room blocks etc. I can't wait to get that part done so that we can start booking all of our other stuff!

 

I agree that it is really nice to have a forum to talk to other destination brides. Congrats on your engagement and good luck with your planning! When are you getting married?

   June 20th, 2014 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be there from November 25-30 for our 1 year anniversary trip!! Anyone getting married then and want 2 wedding crashers?! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, this is probably random information I found but hopefully you will find it useful or just entertaining. While I'm not happy with the predicted forecast for our stay at moon palace next week (through the United States weather system); I decided to look at a European weather website for next weeks weather...... I hear their weather system is more accurate than ours (they have predicted tornadoes and hurricanes that our weather forecasting system never picked up) anyhow the one I came across has webcams set up alllll over the world and you can see live video feed of the day. There are 2 set up in cancun and both are at palace resorts- one at beach palace and the other at playacar palace. I've been staring at the beach palace one alllllll day. The water looks beautiful! It made me even more excited. Anyhooo hope this helps in someway, if nothing more stare at the live feed and day dream away!!!! http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/webcamsdemexico/15/show.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×