Sign in to follow this  
Misskris6

2013 Moon Palace Bride-to-be!

Hey,

I'm getting married 27th September 2013 :) Happy Planning everyone!

I'm trying to get in contact with the hotel so we can start planning the finer details...am I too early? So far Ive emailed twice with no response!

Charlene

Originally Posted by CharleneFerrell View Post

Hey,

I'm trying to get in contact with the hotel so we can start planning the finer details...am I too early? So far Ive emailed twice with no response!

Charlene

Hola Charlene,

Congrats on your wedding!!!

The Palace Resorts organize hundreds of weddings every year and have a team of professionals dedicated to make your dreams come true!!!

Know that the on-site wedding coordinators begin working with you 1 - 2 months prior to your day. In the meantime, feel free to browse through all the Moon Palace threads for ideas and information.

Here are a few of our most recent Moon Palace Wedding Stories to help you dream about your big day:

Terri + Patty

Kelly + Daniel

Myra + Ruel

Happy Planning!!

Originally Posted by mary735 View Post

I am also in the begining of planning my wedding for August-Sept 2013.  The only thing we decided was to have a destination wedding in Mexico...perhaps cancun.  We were looking into having it at a resort but would like to get some input.  We have about 50-70 guest going.  Please give input on pricing for resorts vs. wedding outside resorts, photography, wedding coordinator, etc.  Thank you for your help.

Info on Moon Palace:

I can tell you that the prices that I have gotten this far are about 240-300 per person per night (including airfare) . However, because I am still a year out airfare prices have not come in yet and it is hard to get any exact numbers. You usually have to wait 10 months before the date.

Photography can run you anywhere from $500-2500 depending on what you want. On average if you get a normal package its about 1500. Smile Market is the photography that Moon used . ( you can choose other but have to pay fees)

The wedding coordinator are usally free. Also at the Moon Palace if you get 75 nights booked (add up all the nights you and your party will stay) you get unlimited free private funtions (max 3 hours per day). You will also get up to 1500 free resort credits for a 7 night stay which can be used towards there new wedding collections or many other things such as spa, golf, or upgrading your room.

Hope this helps some.

hola MissKris6 - welcome to the forum and Congrats! on your wedding. Yes, lots of decisions to make, and a super exciting time, for sure. Enjoy your planning process and check out some helpful hints on our website set up to help brides in exactly your position - all the best :)

Originally Posted by mary735 View Post

I am also in the begining of planning my wedding for August-Sept 2013.  The only thing we decided was to have a destination wedding in Mexico...perhaps cancun.  We were looking into having it at a resort but would like to get some input.  We have about 50-70 guest going.  Please give input on pricing for resorts vs. wedding outside resorts, photography, wedding coordinator, etc.  Thank you for your help.

Hi Mary,

I am a crazy researcher and planner and I found Mexico the best price and Moon Palace the best bang for your buck. If you are going to have that many guests you can get a free wedding ($300 blood tests aren't included and you have to pay that), a free 7 night stay, and free unlimited functions. We are having a welcome dinner, a reception (with cocktail hour), and a rehearsal dinner all complimentary.

Also, they do have decor packages you can buy but I found them outrageously expensive so I am using the resort approved Deco Cancun and found their prices very reasonable.

We will be paying about $900 for our photographer, $1200 for our DJ (resort approved company), and $1200 for decor. So it is by no means free but I found Moon Palace had more reasonable prices than other resorts that were smaller, less luxurious, and charged for every little function you wanted to have.

I believe you can bring in outside vendors for decor and photog and DJ but they seemed more expensive than the resort approved ones and you may have to pay a fee to bring in the outside vendor.

When it all comes down to it you are paying far less than someone who gets married in a traditional way and you get a week of fun with family. Win-Win.

Hope this helps a little.

Originally Posted by LaurenCieply View Post

Info on Moon Palace:

I can tell you that the prices that I have gotten this far are about 240-300 per person per night (including airfare) . However, because I am still a year out airfare prices have not come in yet and it is hard to get any exact numbers. You usually have to wait 10 months before the date.

Photography can run you anywhere from $500-2500 depending on what you want. On average if you get a normal package its about 1500. Smile Market is the photography that Moon used . ( you can choose other but have to pay fees)

The wedding coordinator are usally free. Also at the Moon Palace if you get 75 nights booked (add up all the nights you and your party will stay) you get unlimited free private funtions (max 3 hours per day). You will also get up to 1500 free resort credits for a 7 night stay which can be used towards there new wedding collections or many other things such as spa, golf, or upgrading your room.

Hope this helps some.

I am getting married in April 2013 so we were just able to see airfare prices in May. When we were first looking in May they were outrageous ($800-900) but all of the sudden this week they plummeted and are now around $500 a person. So no one freak out if the 333 days comes around and you can see the flight prices and they are insane. I think they just like to give us destination brides a scare ; ) 

Originally Posted by CharleneFerrell View Post

Hey,

Charlene

Hey Charlene,

They just overhauled their whole wedding department, thank goodness. They used to have a main Miami office that you dealt with that was supposed to relay all details booked to the resort in Cancun. Well this seemed to be a huge issue and last month they got rid of that structure and you now deal with a Cancun office.

I think they are currently dealing with the chaos this creates and trying to deal with weddings that are in the next couple months and in the Fall so I would say keep trying and be patient and they will get back to you. If it makes you feel any better I am getting married in April and I have just locked in my locations and I think I am way too early on that one but I just want to know for certain I get what I want.

I would also highly recommend you get a travel agent. I get treated very well and get very fast responses because my travel agent is on the ball and amazing. This seems to help me a great deal.

Happy Planning : )