Sign in to follow this  
Can'tHardlyWait

Bottom line - can you or can't you bring food into Mexico?

So I am now reading up on customs policies at Cancun Airport, and it seems that you CAN bring in food if it is packaged and sealed, or if you have special dietary needs.

Can anyone shed light on this?!?! I have a bunch of guests that can only eat kosher food and it would make their lives so much easier if they could bring kosher food with them for the weekend.

Also, if I can bring in packaged food, that means I might be able to bring in some sort of wedding favor (I'm thinking personalized cookies) for the wedding.

Does anyone actually know what the policy is?!?!

I don't know, but I bought a few boxes of granola bars to throw in the OOT bags, so I wouldn't have to go to the store when I got there, I hope I can bring them!

when i went to cancun in 1999 we took a bunch of food. i heard our hotel had bad food & we lived off the pringles & crackers we had packed. my friends mom even packed gallons of flavored water.

Hmm, I think I am going to call the Mexican consulate tom... I know it's still really early, but I really just want to start getting organized! I think the most pressing issue is the kosher food. If we could bring packaged meals with us, it would save me tons of money! Plus, knowing I can just bring the snacks for the OOT bags would save me atleast one or two trips to walmart :)

Ann, did you bring cookies to PV? I think homemade cookies would be an awsome addition to the OOT bags!