Originally Posted by dazzle4563
HI! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! I am a planner too so I was getting really nervous! I have a couple of question if you don't mind answering them.
1. How was the weather while you were there?
2. Where did you have your ceremony and reception?
3. Did you have any of the extras at the wedding, like the cigar roller or belly dancers?
I am so excited about getting married but yet so nervous about not be able to seeing everything in person until we get there!
Don't be nervous me. I know you don't know me but trust me: these ladies are proffesionals and experts at making everything come off wonderfully!
1. The weather was beyond gorgeous the first few days, overcast with evening showers the next, rained most of the day one day with a clearing during mid day, overcast the next and then gorgeous our last day there. The showers didn't stop the fun though and actually helped clear the air from the sticky humidity.
2. We had planned for a beach ceremony and a poolside reception but due to rain we did everything inside. The ceremony was set up in the foyer to the banquet hall (large wood doors, marble floors) and the reception was in one of the ballrooms. At first I was totally bummed about having it inside but once I saw it all set up it was beyond gorgeous!!! In hindsight I wish I had planned on the ceremony being outside (weather dependent) and the reception inside the whole time. The outdoor receptions I saw were beautiful but since the pool and beach were still open there was lots of outside noise. In fact one of the poolside weddings was set up right next to were a bunch of guys were having a drunken water polo game. The inside location proved much more intimate, we didn't have restrictions on noise or time, and since the area is a bit more confined everyone was dancing together versus having tons of space to spread out which actually made it really neat!
3. We didn't do the extra however the resort had a group of fire dancers the night of our wedding performing outside the banquet hall so we all went outside and watched them then returned to our party. We had thought about a cigar roller but glad I didn't pay for it since our party got moved inside - all the guys would've then been outside smoking versus enjoying the party.
It's gorgous and you will have a blast!