Dreams Palm Beach 2013 Brides

HI! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! I am a planner too so I was getting really nervous! I have a couple of question if you don't mind answering them. 

1. How was the weather while you were there?

2. Where did you have your ceremony and reception?

3. Did you have any of the extras at the wedding, like the cigar roller or belly dancers?

I am so excited about getting married but yet so nervous about not be able to seeing everything in person until we get there!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - yeah that is not the entire cost of our wedding but it is the resort wedding costs....so it does not include DJ, Photographer, dresses, extras....just dinner and booze! We had a private ballroom so we paid extra for a bartender to stay until 12. But if you just have the 3 hour reception you don't have to pay for booze!

Originally Posted by dazzle4563 View Post

HI! I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! I am a planner too so I was getting really nervous! I have a couple of question if you don't mind answering them. 

1. How was the weather while you were there?

2. Where did you have your ceremony and reception?

3. Did you have any of the extras at the wedding, like the cigar roller or belly dancers?

I am so excited about getting married but yet so nervous about not be able to seeing everything in person until we get there!

Don't be nervous me. I know you don't know me but trust me: these ladies are proffesionals and experts at making everything come off wonderfully!

1. The weather was beyond gorgeous the first few days, overcast with evening showers the next, rained most of the day one day with a clearing during mid day, overcast the next and then gorgeous our last day there. The showers didn't stop the fun though and actually helped clear the air from the sticky humidity.

2. We had planned for a beach ceremony and a poolside reception but due to rain we did everything inside. The ceremony was set up in the foyer to the banquet hall (large wood doors, marble floors) and the reception was in one of the ballrooms. At first I was totally bummed about having it inside but once I saw it all set up it was beyond gorgeous!!! In hindsight I wish I had planned on  the ceremony being outside (weather dependent) and the reception inside the whole time. The outdoor receptions I saw were beautiful but since the pool and beach were still open there was lots of outside noise. In fact one of the poolside weddings was set up right next to were a bunch of guys were having a drunken water polo game. The inside location proved much more intimate, we didn't have restrictions on noise or time, and since the area is a bit more confined everyone was dancing together versus having tons of space to spread out which actually made it really neat!

3. We didn't do the extra however the resort had a group of fire dancers the night of our wedding performing outside the banquet hall so we all went outside and watched them then returned to our party. We had thought about a cigar roller but glad I didn't pay for it since our party got moved inside - all the guys would've then been outside smoking versus enjoying the party.

It's gorgous and you will have a blast!

Hi everyone, We have finally decided on this resort! Well this will be our second resort we have chosen actually....as our first choice in Jamaica didnt work out. But anyways I am very excited to have a resort selected and to now let the planning begin! We will arrive in the DR on April 12, and planning to have our symbolic ceremony on the 15th. Just waiting for confirmation from the wedding planner. We will then have a cocktail hour/appetizers, and then private dinner. Has anyone heard if there is an extra charge to reserve the poolside for the reception?

Originally Posted by JennCarlson View Post

Hi everyone,

We have finally decided on this resort! Well this will be our second resort we have chosen actually....as our first choice in Jamaica didnt work out. But anyways I am very excited to have a resort selected and to now let the planning begin!

We will arrive in the DR on April 12, and planning to have our symbolic ceremony on the 15th. Just waiting for confirmation from the wedding planner.

We will then have a cocktail hour/appetizers, and then private dinner.

Has anyone heard if there is an extra charge to reserve the poolside for the reception?

There is a $250.00 extra charge for the poolside reception... no additional charge for the beach or indoor location.

Originally Posted by spaterson View Post

Don't be nervous me. I know you don't know me but trust me: these ladies are proffesionals and experts at making everything come off wonderfully!

1. The weather was beyond gorgeous the first few days, overcast with evening showers the next, rained most of the day one day with a clearing during mid day, overcast the next and then gorgeous our last day there. The showers didn't stop the fun though and actually helped clear the air from the sticky humidity.

2. We had planned for a beach ceremony and a poolside reception but due to rain we did everything inside. The ceremony was set up in the foyer to the banquet hall (large wood doors, marble floors) and the reception was in one of the ballrooms. At first I was totally bummed about having it inside but once I saw it all set up it was beyond gorgeous!!! In hindsight I wish I had planned on  the ceremony being outside (weather dependent) and the reception inside the whole time. The outdoor receptions I saw were beautiful but since the pool and beach were still open there was lots of outside noise. In fact one of the poolside weddings was set up right next to were a bunch of guys were having a drunken water polo game. The inside location proved much more intimate, we didn't have restrictions on noise or time, and since the area is a bit more confined everyone was dancing together versus having tons of space to spread out which actually made it really neat!

3. We didn't do the extra however the resort had a group of fire dancers the night of our wedding performing outside the banquet hall so we all went outside and watched them then returned to our party. We had thought about a cigar roller but glad I didn't pay for it since our party got moved inside - all the guys would've then been outside smoking versus enjoying the party.

It's gorgous and you will have a blast!

Congrats on your wedding Spaterson!!

Since you had planned on the poolside reception before it got rained out, I was wondering if you had to plan on lighting or if it's provided. And if provided, what type of lighting? I've been leaning towards the poolside reception but after hearing about your experience, the ballroom may be the way to go... more intimate, air conditioning, etc :)

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum IslandBarbie~

For the wedding ceremony I think the decision comes down to whether you envision a beach wedding with your toes in the sand and the caribbean as the backdrop or not. With the beach location you will undoubtedly have more 'on-lookers' as the beach isn't closed off to just your wedding party. The gazebo location is a little more private but you wont see much of the water/beach. I think it's a bit of a trade off either way... but both option sound beautiful! Personally I'm a beach girl, so my toes will be in the sand :)

Hello everyone!  I feel like I already know you all from reading the forum.  We just decided on Dreams Palm for our Jan 2013 wedding :-)  SUPER excited.  Thank you all for the information thus far that has helped us feel great with this decision.  I do have a question perhaps someone can help me with....

• How is everyone working out a group rate/payment (if you don't mind me asking)?  We are looking at 20-30 people and it seems as though the only way to get our room free/upgrades is to book and pay for the whole thing at once. We are very uncomfortable with asking guests to pay us back personally for their rooms but I also hate to miss our on our free rooms.  Any input/suggestions would be extremely appreciated.  Does a TA get us the free rooms without us paying?  Does anyone have a good TA they recommend?

We just put down our deposit!! The ball is rolling. We'll see how many people book. :)

April, we're putting down our deposit and then everyone that wants to come can put down their own deposit. They have to pay the rest of their bill in 6 months. Having to pay everything up front doesn't seem right at all. We get a free room credit after every 5 rooms booked. But everyone's bills is put together as part of a "pool" and the free rooms go to whoever you want...yourself or anyone else.