Dreams Palm Beach 2013 Brides

Your invitations are beautiful...can you help me find some like this? Or did you make yourself...were planning our wedding...were really considering Dreams Palm Beach...We went to the other dreams in punta cana two years ago...it was beautiful....can't decide which one!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for chiming in since I'm a 2012 bride not a 2013 but I'm also getting married at DPB and wanted to comment on kelly 1218's question:

Based off my experience I would HIGHLY recommend workding with someone who specializes in DWs. I'm using Patty Jordan from Wright TA and she's amazing. Not only is she super easy to work with the best thing about her being specialized is that we get extra stuff that normally wouldn't be included if you just have someone booking your rooms. For example we get one free room for every 5 that are paid for, one free room upgrade for every 10 rooms booked, etc... And the contract she got for us came out to be WAY cheaper then they're listed prices and still cheaper than any of the travel sites (expedia, etc...). We paid a deposit up front to hold our block of rooms and then that money went towards the cost of our trip. It worked out really well!

Ok just my two cents. Happy planning!

Hey Stephp1~

My fiance' and I have been looking into excursions so our TA sent us a PDF file with the major excursions offered. VIP Travel Services is the group located at DPB abd you can wait to book the excursions when you get there (a little chancy since they may already be booked) or ahead of time. (Or obviously you could go with another company off-site) If you want, I can email you the PDF file. It does contain a description of the excursion, the price per person, what the excursion includes, what to bring with you, and other 'notes.'

Hi and congratulations to all the DPB 2013 brides!! My fiances and I just received confirmation for our wedding date, January 31, 2013 and we are soo excited. I'm really glad to have found this forum. Any one else on here working with Johanna as there wedding coordinator?

hillsi722

Yay!  Congratulations!!!!  We're both January 2013 brides.  My wedding day is January 14 2013.  We are getting married at DPB and doing our reception at the jellyfish.  Johanna is also our wedding coordinator however I haven't had much contact with her yet.  We're waiting until we get all of our RSVP's before we get too into all the options because we have a rather large guest list and the number of people coming can vary greatly. 

Congratulations all the other 2013 DPB Brides out there too!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies! I am new to this thread and havent chosen a resort yet, although this is our top pick right now.  We are hoping to get married January 12, 2013..possibly doing our reception at Jellyfish..we arent making any decisions until after the first week of June because we are actually going to Punta Cana for 5 days to check some resorts out!! I never in a million years thought I would be able to do that but fiances mom owns a travel agency and heard about a deal from Sunwing...my fiance and I are going June 4-8...we paid $400 each all taxes included and got to pick where we wanted to stay (we picked DPB)...and they are going to take us around to a couple different resorts to check them out..and if we book our wedding trip with Sunwing we get the $800 back as a credit towards our trip...so basically its free!! If any of you are interested check with Sunwing to see if they still have spots available.  I'll be checking out all the reception locations at DPB and report back to you!!

Hello ladies,

Welcome to the forum!  I visited Dreams Palm Beach, Dreams Punta Cana and Excellence Punta Cana last summer and they're all great resorts!  I posted photos of these resorts plus others I visited ~ Paradisus Palma Real, Majestic Elegance and Majestic Colonial ~ 

Best Destination Wedding â€º Galleries â€º TA Patty's Photos â€º Punta Cana June 2011. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks!  TA Patty

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by hillsi722 View Post

Hi and congratulations to all the DPB 2013 brides!! My fiances and I just received confirmation for our wedding date, January 31, 2013 and we are soo excited. I'm really glad to have found this forum. Any one else on here working with Johanna as there wedding coordinator?

Hi hillsi722,

I am also a 2013 Bride... our wedding date is January 5/13.  I am working with Johanna as well.  She seems to be getting back to me fairly quickly.  I got word today though that the poolside reception that I wanted is booked.  I emailed her back today asking what our options are.  I am not sure I want a beach reception... the ballroom does look really nice when it's all done up, and then atleast we won't have to pay for the dancefloor or lights!  (they are expensive)....

Do you know which wedding paclage and reception area you are going for??

I feel kind of lost in this whole process.... it's hard to communicate through only emails.