Dreams Palm Beach 2013 Brides

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of booking our stay at the Dreams Palm Beach for April 25-May 2, 2013 - any other 2013 brides out there? Choosing a resort is much more stressful then I had ever imagined and hoping seeing other brides choosing DPB will help ease the worry ! I'm still also considering Dreams Punta Cana, but reviews suggest wedding groups would be happier at DPB - any insight from you girls?

Looking forward to meeting some other 2013ers !

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a January 2013 and Dreams Palm Beach is one of the two resorts I am picking from, the other is Excellence. From what I read and what I have heard DPM is the better of the two for wedding groups. My TA said she highly recommends going here instead without a doubt. After hearing that and checking out the reviews online, it is one of my top contenders.

I really feel that chosing the right resort for you is the hardest part. I am still stressed! I wanted to chose a resort by now! But I am trying not to stress, it seems many BDW brides have loved the journey of planning a destination wedding and I, for the most part, have too. I will be making a decision this week! Save the dates are coming in today! (Just leaving the resort name off of them, I made a website to keep everyone posted on that). :-)

There are not very many thread for DPB so maybe yours can start a new one!!

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana Monday, January 14 2013. We are so excited.  We spent around 3 months deciding on a resort and we really couldn't be more excited to have DPB be our location!  My fiance and I stayed there in December of 2008 (before its remodel) and loved it.  What date are you looking at ntlsnow??

Oh and stephp1, we were deciding between those two resorts as well and prices were so similar it wasn't worth basing anything off of that alone.  Our travel agent highly recommended we choose DPB because it is a much newer resort and a lot prettier (so she says) she told us that because we'd already stayed there she didn't want to see us choose the other resort because she was worried it wouldn't live up to what we'd experienced at DPB.  I'm not trying to sway your decision but I figured I'd pass her advice on to you because I know how much I wanted advice while I was trying to decide on a resort.

Thanks for the comparison ! In aerial photos I think DPC looks a little more "elaborate" but for interior photos DPB wins!

I've been looking for pictures for the Honeymoon Suite, but can't find any - are you both booking this room category?

Oh, and as an extra note - I was reading through the Wedding Guide this evening and saw that for the Dreams of Love & Ultimate packages, the honeymoon package is then complimentary (champagne breakfast in bed, free massages, petit fours @ turn down service, romantic beach dinner). I didn't notice this the first time I read the guide, but I think it adds a lot of little "special" values for the bride and groom. I don't think the Honeymoon package is free when you get the complimentary wedding.

Do either of you girls have your reception location decided on? Several other threads had suggested that you can't actually book your reception until your meeting with the WC, so hopefully that's not an issue for date twins !

The date I want is Janaury 25, 2013 but it will all depend on the airline prices really. I am not picky about the date, just excited to go! I thought I would prefer a Thursday or Friday date only so that it can work around the schedules of the guests and how many vacation days they have to use but really I have no preference. My TA said that DPC would not be up to my expectations either and that DPB was much better. I have never been to either so I am just going off of what she said and what others have said really!

What package did you choose? I am confused on those. I will most likely have about 30 people, wondering what that will cost me. I dont need a frilly ceremony, the suroundings are the best decorations for that. I havent decided what parties I want yet either. I would really like to do a welcome lunch/dinner or something. Or at least have everyone meet at the same place! What are your plans???

Originally Posted by ellie0717 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana Monday, January 14 2013. We are so excited.  We spent around 3 months deciding on a resort and we really couldn't be more excited to have DPB be our location!  My fiance and I stayed there in December of 2008 (before its remodel) and loved it.  What date are you looking at ntlsnow??

I couldn't find any pictures of the Honeymoon suite either, we are looking into that as well definitely. If I will be there 10 nights for sure. :-)

That is a nice incentive for the packages. I still have yet to chose mine. What one do you like? I am just thinking about the extra costs for the amount of people I have. The packages are only for up to 20 people right?

As for the reception, I have not decided if I want private or semi-private so I have not chose a area yet. I hope you dont have to wait until you meet with the WC! I heard they do 3 weddings a day and I would not want someone taking the area I would want... :-( I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

Did you pick a date yet?

Originally Posted by stephp1 View Post

Thanks for the comparison ! In aerial photos I think DPC looks a little more "elaborate" but for interior photos DPB wins!

I've been looking for pictures for the Honeymoon Suite, but can't find any - are you both booking this room category?

Oh, and as an extra note - I was reading through the Wedding Guide this evening and saw that for the Dreams of Love & Ultimate packages, the honeymoon package is then complimentary (champagne breakfast in bed, free massages, petit fours @ turn down service, romantic beach dinner). I didn't notice this the first time I read the guide, but I think it adds a lot of little "special" values for the bride and groom. I don't think the Honeymoon package is free when you get the complimentary wedding.

Do either of you girls have your reception location decided on? Several other threads had suggested that you can't actually book your reception until your meeting with the WC, so hopefully that's not an issue for date twins !

We haven't picked our package yet either.  We expect to have somewhere between 50-100 guests but really have no idea until we get the package prices.  Airfare is just starting to go out for our dates.  However, we sent out Save the Dates in January and got a lot of positive feedback.  I can't wait to have more of the details picked out but for now I'm keeping myself busy working on DIY projects.  Ntlsnow: I was hoping we'd be down there together :)  We've booked our photographer, whom we LOVE, and it might be nice to share her since we're bringing her from the states. 

We chose to get married on a Monday for our guests as well because we all plan to leave the Friday before the wedding and those of our guests who will only be staying for 5 nights will leave on the Tuesday following the wedding and that way, we figured, they won't miss too much of their work weeks. 

I'm soooo glad there's a thread started for 2013 DPB Brides.  Soooo awesome to get to share all of this with others that are in the same boat!

I am just sending out the save the dates this week (I know its late, I wanted to get them out sooner). Mine will just say January 2013 as well. :-)

I am going to see my TA this weekend and see if she has any updates. I am getting so excited now! I decided that I will be making the boarding pass invitations, though I just went to a website called www.zazzled.com and they had some pretty cool passport invites. I think I want to take on the DIY project though. LOL.

Are you having a AHR? I am but I am not inviting all of the people from the AHR to our destination wedding, is that bad? I was just thinking about it as I am sending out the save the dates. It's getting a little tricky you know?

50-100 people? That is awesome. I definitely think we will hit about 35, give or take a few. I like the Monday wedding idea, I will have to add that onto the list for the travel agent to look at the prices too. Are you doing a legal or symbolic ceremony? We decided on symbolic. It's weird but I think in the end it will help not being as stressed once I am down there.

Tell me more about DPB! How is the beach? I have been to PC before but stayed at the Grand Palladium.