No Bridal Party?

So I'm thinking that we might not have a bridal party...we are planning a small (15-20 people) wedding in Punta Cana and I don't know if I want to have a bridal party. I have multiple girls to choose from but FI doesn't know who to pick. I don't think that we need to have a bridal party. My only concern is the 10 minutes before the ceremony starts after everyone has gone to sit down I will be all by myself (no one would be walking me down the isle) 

Has anyone done this? I'm I crazy to even do this?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt want a bridal party either but my FI was the one who actually wanted them! I dont think its crazy at all!! Your photographer (if you are having one) will probably be with you snapping away & possibly your wc right before you walk down. You can have a girl friend or 2 there until you are ready to walk down...no worries! Its your day and certainly not unheard of!

We're not having a bridal party either!  We had lots of reasons for not doing the bridal party.  I didn't want to exclude anyone when it's already a select group, didn't want them to spend extra money on dresses, hair, etc, and as my FI put it...It's our day, why can't it be about us?  haha   I've actually seen quite a few brides on other threads in this forum say they didn't do a bridal party either, so you're definitely not crazy.  :-)  It's your wedding and you should do what you want.  Sharon99 has a good suggestion is just getting a couple friends to stand with you while you're waiting.  They can help you with your dress and your nerves :)

I didn't want a bridal party, however, my husband was adament that he wanted his best friend to be up there with him.  So needless to say we did end up with one attendant each.  It is your wedding and you can do anything you wish.  Honestly, I wish I had 10 minutes before the ceremony to just sit by myself and reflect upon everything.  The day goes so quick and there was never any time where I could just sit and relax until after the wedding was over. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

We're not having a bridal party either!  We had lots of reasons for not doing the bridal party.  I didn't want to exclude anyone when it's already a select group, didn't want them to spend extra money on dresses, hair, etc, and as my FI put it...It's our day, why can't it be about us?  haha   I've actually seen quite a few brides on other threads in this forum say they didn't do a bridal party either, so you're definitely not crazy.  :-)  It's your wedding and you should do what you want.  Sharon99 has a good suggestion is just getting a couple friends to stand with you while you're waiting.  They can help you with your dress and your nerves :)

+1. As much as I'm enjoying the process of planning my wedding, this is one thing that I'm glad I don't have to worry about coordinating. Forget traditions and expectations, do whatever will make the two of you happiest.

Also not having a wedding party because I don't want drama if I don't ask certain people. Also, the ceremony will be entirely focused on you and the groom (yes, I like the attention!) and think of all the money you are saving yourself and your potential attendants.

Yes!  My fiance and I decided that we wanted to keep things simple, and that means no headaches with choosing a bridal party or organizing them or figuring out what they're going to wear.  Shortly after I was engaged, I sent an email to my five closest friends that said, in part:

You are the women I love most in the world.  We've been there for each other over many years, counseled each other on bad boyfriends, and made each other laugh until we cried.  You've supported me in everything and I hope I've done the same for you.  Now that I'm getting married (ah!!), you are the ones I'd ask to be my bridesmaids. 

Except why would I ask you to wear hideous matching dresses, or march down an aisle carrying flower pom-poms, or come with me to my dress fittings?  Instead, I have a much more important job for you: keeping me sane.  Call me and tell me about what's going on in your lives, laugh with me, make travel plans with me.  I don't want bridesmaids; I want you guys to be what you've always been — my best friends.

That is my philosophy regarding bridal parties. :)