Photo

in this case do you think i need a wedding co-ordinator?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Well we've chosen our dream venue despite the costs - xcaret eco-park. They handle nearly everything - venues, some decorations (candles lightign path, floating candles in river, very simple candle and pebble centrepieces), food, drink, staff, lighting, staff - hostess, security, paramedic, entertainment (cant use outside bands or musicians)

Thigns they dont handle -

any specific decorations i want not included in the package - but these would be pretty limited

finding the judge and legal documents

flowers

photographer

arranging transport for guests

wedding cake

wedding favours

They suggested we use an extra outside wedding co-ordinator...but given they cost around 1,000 dollars or so and there are so few details i need to arrange - should we just handle it ourselves? (well...mainly mexican fiance given he's fluent in the language)

or am i risking things going to hell if i dont use a professional? im really wavering

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I think those are definetly things you can handle yourself.  That being said as long as you have the time and are willing to do it. 

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

Well we've chosen our dream venue despite the costs - xcaret eco-park. They handle nearly everything - venues, some decorations (candles lightign path, floating candles in river, very simple candle and pebble centrepieces), food, drink, staff, lighting, staff - hostess, security, paramedic, entertainment (cant use outside bands or musicians)

any specific decorations i want not included in the package - but these would be pretty limited

flowers

photographer

wedding cake

wedding favours

They suggested we use an extra outside wedding co-ordinator...but given they cost around 1,000 dollars or so and there are so few details i need to arrange - should we just handle it ourselves? (well...mainly mexican fiance given he's fluent in the language)

or am i risking things going to hell if i dont use a professional? im really wavering

#3 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I agree 100% with JayKay. Happy planning! 

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

i think it really depends on YOU.

if you have a super stressful job or too much on your plate, it might be worth it to hire someone to take care of those details.  I know for me, I did most of the wedding planning myself but did hire an outside wedding coordinator when things started too get too much for me.

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

flowers

photographer

wedding cake

wedding favours

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
      • 296 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

thanks for all your comments! i think im leaning towards doing it myself =)

in terms of time...i definitely have a lot of it (i cant work here in mexico until i sort out visa issues..which is a long slow process!) i guess its a paranoia that ill screw something up, but then i figure that a wedding co-ordinator doesnt guarantee happiness and a smooth ride (take the jennifer smith thread for example). its great that there are so many vendor reviews on here so i dont feel like im picking blindly

photos, cake, flowers and transport i can definitely do. fiance can take care of finding a judge as im pretty sure that would be tricky to do given my lack of fluent spanish. at least i finally sorted the venue and date,previously i felt like i was taking 3 steps forward 4 steps backwards and never getting anything done haha

#6 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
        • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

We're getting married next door at Occidental Xcaret. Have you thought of contacting them to find out which officiant they use?

The park is beautiful though, you won't need alot of decoration at all :)

#7 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
          • 296 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

actually that would work...i was even debating staying there and asking if i could pay a fee to have them handle a few details like flowers even if the wedding wasnt there

Or...being seriously cheeky...if its one of the resorts where a certain number of rooms get a wedding package...do you think i could have the package without the wedding hahaha im assuming not! i bet theyve never been asked it before =) "i already have my wedding pretty much sorted, so i want the free wedding package minus the ceremony but yes to flowers and the cake please" :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users