Time line?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brendee2005

• 456 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

As my day approaches I am having a hard time with the reception time line. When to have the speeches,cut the cake , first dance , father daughte dance etc. Anyone cate to share their timelines so I can have a clue of what I'm doing!! :) Thanks!

#2 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

For us we didn't do first dance or daughter father dance  by choice.  We had speeches, though informal, at dinner between courses.  It seemed to take awhile from one course to the next so it gave us lots of time to get them in.  We cut the cake and ate it after our dinner.  Hope that helps!

#3 JessiTaylor

• 296 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

i was stressed about this, but luckily my venue gave me a timeline so i know roughly whats going on

we are having first dances after the dinner. this is because our band is kind of expensive...and we just want chilled relaxed music during dinner maybe a harp or something classical... so it makes sense to start live music after dinner and save a bit of money!

we arent going to have official speeches, maybe just toasts...but i like the other posters idea of doing it between courses

16:30-17.30 bridal couple photo session

17.30-18:00 brides makeup retouched. reception of guests at main entrance

18:00-18:45 catholic ceremony
      18:45-19:00 hrs Photos outside chapel with family and friends
      19:00-19:15 hrs.walk to reception venue
      19:15-19:30 hrs Reception of guests in the island restaurant with welcome drink and musical performance

19:30 -19:35 hrs.Entrance of bride and groom via special ramp, with chosen song from CD
      19:35-20:20hrs. Dinner starts accompanied by harp
      20:20 -20:25 hrs. first dance of couple, live band starts

20:25 -20:30 hrs. father daughter, mother son dance

i guess ill cut the cake a bit later in the evening, maybe 10pm to leave a bit of time after dinner so people might actually want it. people often have speeches before dinner...but im thinking no formal speeches, and like the other poster maybe a brief toast between courses

#4 Realcdngirl

• 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

This helps me with questions for my WC. Thanks for the reminder!

#5 JessiTaylor

• 296 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

oh also bouquet toss/garter will be towards the end of the night... around 11.30 pm while we still have live band (12-1 is mariachi so mexican family can get sentimental drink and sing along) then we leave!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users