Just Booked 4/4/13 Dreams Los Cabos!!

LeAnn

Hi!

I just booked my date with dreams for April 10, 2013. LeAnn will you be there when I am? We plan to arrive on April 6. Are you booking the rooms directly with the hotel and then paying for your flight seperately? I am coming from Toronto and am having trouble getting pricing this early out.. will have to wait on that I guess. I've done quite a bit of research so far lol. Good luck with the planning :) This site has been incredibly helpful to me so far!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely went before the room block cut off date.  Our was just a few weeks ago.  The weather in December as GORGEOUS during the day. low to mid 80s, but quite chilly at night; mainly windy.

The beach was already booked for the day of my wedding so I am at the gazebo with the reception at Cascada Terrace as well!  I am also renting the sound system and have been working on our wedding play lists on our iPod.  During the ceremony I am using the system as well during the first part of the ceremony and then my best friend is singing, a microphone does come with the rental.

Happy Planning!

Originally Posted by LeAnn View Post

thanks anichols8 for all the info!  I'm sure I will definitely have questions for you!  Zitlaly, the group coordinator got back to me and we got the contract worked out!  I was quoted as below:

GROUP RATES:

Junior Suite Ocean View $162 USD per person per night based in double occupancy x 2 persons = $324 USD per room per night based in double occupancy

Junior Suite Ocean View $156 USD per person per night based in triple occupancy x 3 persons = $468 USD per room per night based in triple occupancy

Junior Suite Ocean View $210 USD per room per night based in single occupancy

I wasn't aware of the site visit being complimentary but that is awesome!  It is included in my contract as well. I definitely want to take advantage of that!  How was the weather in December?  I'm thinking we'll probably try to take it sometime this winter as well.  My room block cut off date is 11/10/12, so we may have to go before then.  I am waiting on a reply from Zitlaly to let me know when we have to use that - who wouldnt take 2 free nights in Cabo??!!! 

Which meals did you like?  Also, did you choose the beach wedding?  We chose the ceremony on the beach and the reception at the cascada pool terrace.  What about music?  I see alot of people just rent the sound system which I think is what we want to do also.  Do they provide music during the ceremony?  I keep forgetting about that part!!  See - i knew I was going to have a ton of q's for you!! 

We picked the wedding package that cost $2,199 - which includes quite a bit including my hair, makeup, etc.  I have no plans of adding too much fancy stuff so we'll probably just stick with what comes with it except for the sound system rental!!  We want to have a beach bonfire the night before the wedding and I want to do a trash the dress so with those extra charges, I think keeping the wedding package as is will be good enough!! 

I'm excited to hear your details!!  Happy planning!!

LeAnn

Oops I missed a questions.  As far as the meals, you HAVE to try the puff pastry filled with shrimp.  It was amazing.  There was a scallop and spinach appetizer as well that included mozzarella, but it was just at thick layer of cheese laid on top of the scallops, wasn't a fan.  The tuna salad was amazing BUT we went with the cream corn soup.  I am not a fan of cream corn but my goodness that soup was amazing, it as a shrimp wonton type thing in it, lol, it was great.  Then we tried the chicken breast filled with tiger shrimp, it was awesome.  The beef tenderloin was okay but it was cooked well done and I prefer medium.  You can pick up to three main courses BUT you have to give them exact head count for each meal before hand.  The desserts I don't remember too well but we ended up just picking the brownie with ice cream because of course the wedding cake will be there.

thanks anichols8 for all the info!  I'm sure I will definitely have questions for you!  Zitlaly, the group coordinator got back to me and we got the contract worked out!  I was quoted as below:

GROUP RATES:

Junior Suite Ocean View $162 USD per person per night based in double occupancy x 2 persons = $324 USD per room per night based in double occupancy

Junior Suite Ocean View $156 USD per person per night based in triple occupancy x 3 persons = $468 USD per room per night based in triple occupancy

Junior Suite Ocean View $210 USD per room per night based in single occupancy

I wasn't aware of the site visit being complimentary but that is awesome!  It is included in my contract as well. I definitely want to take advantage of that!  How was the weather in December?  I'm thinking we'll probably try to take it sometime this winter as well.  My room block cut off date is 11/10/12, so we may have to go before then.  I am waiting on a reply from Zitlaly to let me know when we have to use that - who wouldnt take 2 free nights in Cabo??!!! 

Which meals did you like?  Also, did you choose the beach wedding?  We chose the ceremony on the beach and the reception at the cascada pool terrace.  What about music?  I see alot of people just rent the sound system which I think is what we want to do also.  Do they provide music during the ceremony?  I keep forgetting about that part!!  See - i knew I was going to have a ton of q's for you!! 

We picked the wedding package that cost $2,199 - which includes quite a bit including my hair, makeup, etc.  I have no plans of adding too much fancy stuff so we'll probably just stick with what comes with it except for the sound system rental!!  We want to have a beach bonfire the night before the wedding and I want to do a trash the dress so with those extra charges, I think keeping the wedding package as is will be good enough!! 

I'm excited to hear your details!!  Happy planning!!

LeAnn

Hi!

My name is Brie.  My fiance and I live in Calgary, AB, Canada.

We are getting married at Dreams Los Cabos on October 4th 2012! Magda is our wedding coordinator.  We have selected the $3,000.00 Ultimate wedding package.

I feel like I am at a stand still with selecting a photographer and also deciding on decorations for the reception (ie: what to bring down with us).  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

So excited! :)

I was SUPER paranoid about booking a photographer but one of my friends used Larissa Nicole Photography (larissanicolephoto.com) and told me she was amazing. I read some reviews and after talking to her on the phone I decided to book her for our wedding! YAY!! 1 thing down & a bazillion other things to do! Btw, has anyone bought their gown off of this site? preownedweddingdresses.com I am thinking about it but still not pos it is worth it. I am just afraid it will get to me & not fit right after I spent all that money.. 

I was super paranoid about booking a photographer for my wedding (kind of a control freak) and decided on Larissa Nicole Photography (larissanicolephoto (dot) com). One of my friends used her & said she was amazing. After I talked to her I felt more confident & decided to book her. 1 major thing down & a million other things to do lol 

Happy Planning LeAnn

Just booked today for 4/4/13 at Dreams - my original email came from Guillermo, anyone know how he is?  I'm still a year away and after reading so many posts about the WC, I'm sure I'll have a few over the next year!  I'm still torn about the reception, beach front or pool?  Any suggestions?   

Anyway, I'm super excited to get this planning going, and i can't wait to dig into this site and start getting ideas!! 

I will be there at the same time!  We actually just changed our wedding date to 4/12/13 - we plan on flying in on 4/9 through 4/15.  Is Guillermo also your WC?  We are booking the rooms directly through the hotel.  They gave us a booking code for guests to book through the website.  Zitlaly is the group coordinator there ans she has been really helpful.  We are going to go sometime this fall to do the site inspection and I can't wait. 

Originally Posted by alanak View Post

Hi!

I just booked my date with dreams for April 10, 2013. LeAnn will you be there when I am? We plan to arrive on April 6. Are you booking the rooms directly with the hotel and then paying for your flight seperately? I am coming from Toronto and am having trouble getting pricing this early out.. will have to wait on that I guess. I've done quite a bit of research so far lol. Good luck with the planning :) This site has been incredibly helpful to me so far!

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos on October 4th, 2012! Cannot wait!!!

I plan to bring a lot of extra decorations with me (I work for WestJet so I am lucky I can get a few extra baggage fees waived, lol!)

I am doing the 'Ultimate Wedding Package' that includes 50 colour photos and a 30 minute DVD. Does anyone know much about this??? Should I get another photographer?

We will be at Dreams from September 27th - October 7th 2012! I sure hope the weather is hot and sunny the entire time! :)

• 2 months later...