Bringing your real ring to Meixico??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sgreen99

sgreen99
  • Site Supporter
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

I just saw one thread on this and it didn't really answer my question..

Curious what past ladies have done?  My mom mentioned that she didn't really feel good about me bringing my ring to the resort, even the "safe" isn't "safe" she says.  Is she being super paranoid - what did everyone else do? I saw a few ladies say they got a fakey for lounging and going in the ocean/into town.  But again, the real rock would be sitting in my room safe this whole time.  I like the idea of leaving it off so it's nice and shiny for pics, but it would sit in the safe.

Please help, I'm sure this must be a thought lots have had?

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

I never even considered not taking my real ring. However, I know many people in our group chose to wear fake rings instead of bringing their real ones.  I only ever take my rings off to sleep so for me I had it on all the time and wasn't worried when it was on my finger.  We left our wedding rings in the safe and I was sure nothing would happen to them, with our safe you had to put in your own pin number to get into it.  I guess its just personal preference and comfort level.

#3 cosplayzentai

cosplayzentai
    • Banned
    • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Fashion changes in White-Strapless-Ruffles-Satin-Train-Wedding-Dress-132158-1.jpg

#4 cosplayzentai

cosplayzentai
      • Banned
      • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Evening dresses for White-Beaded-Satin-Chiffon-Wedding-Dress-10129-1_4.jpg

#5 cosplayzentai

cosplayzentai
        • Banned
        • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

Do you favor playing video games? If the answer is "Yes", then you must need a variety of 1322967900_2.jpg

#6 melissa1017

melissa1017
          • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Also having your ring insured will help you feel more at ease.  It's something I've been wanting to do, but keep putting it off.  Definitely will do it before the wedding though

#7 sgreen99

sgreen99
            • Site Supporter
            • 187 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thank-you. I just got my appraisal yesterday actually, so I'll be all insured which I'm sure is most important. I think I may wear a 'fake' just up until the wedding so my ring is nice and clean....

#8 stella331

stella331
              • 247 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

I was actually thinking about this when we bring our wedding bands. We travel alot and I've never been nervous about wearing my jewelry or anything. I just turn my ring when in the airport so it's facing the palm of my hand. I'm completely ok with wearing my e-ring being we don't go off the resort. But in terms of leaving the wedding bands in the locked safe until the wedding day still makes me nervous.
                46 booked and counting!

#9 marooon13

marooon13
                • 250 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
                • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
                • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I read on a travel website not to leave important things in the safe. There is a universal pin code that can open the safe in the event that you forget your pin. However, you want to have that ring for your photos! I guess its a toss up- just make sure you have it insured!!

#10 bride81

bride81
                • 216 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

I never even thought of this!  I always turn my e-ring around at airport or when I don't feel comfortable in the street.  What would you ladies use instead?  I think I would want it for photos and the ceremony. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users