KRSmith's Moon Palace Planning Thread

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Gina Bina

Gina Bina
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

CongratS! Can't wait to see Del Sol pics!

#22 Kristy28

• 160 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I ABSOLUTELY love all of your ideas from your OOT bags to your I DO shoes and Mrs. hanger. Del Sol does amazing pictures and I cant wait to see some.

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#23 ntlsnow

• 204 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

LOVE this thread!

#24 bondgirl0072010

• 789 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thank you so much for your FABULOUS review on your experience working with me and your

Hey beautiful ladies!

I am back from my amazing wedding and now a Mrs! And now it is time to share my planning journey and give a little back to all of you who have helped me in more ways than one. Thank you to every single Mrs. and Mrs.-to-be on here and especially to all my girls on the Moon Palace 2012 Brides thread! I feel like you girls are my family and NO ONE can even begin to relate to the things we DW brides go through like all of us here on BDW. You girls have been with me through all my ups and downs throughout this entire process and I can't thank you enough! 

I have made some wonderful friends on here, and hope to continue that friendship beyond BDW. You ladies know who you are! I pray that you all have the most amazing planning experience and weddings, and make lasting friendships on here like I have. 

Without further ado here is my planning journey:

The Engagement

Dan proposed to me on August 29th, 2009, on our 4 year anniversary in an amazing restaurant called El Gaucho in Seattle, WA. The funny part of the story that only a few know, was that I HATED the way he proposed to me! A while back he had asked me if he ever proposed, if there was something that I would or would not want in a proposal. Being really shy and not liking attention, I told him that the ONLY thing I would NOT want is to be proposed to in a RESTAURANT because I felt like it was not only cliche, but that I would be so embarrassed to be in the spotlight amongst strangers. Well as you can see, that was EXACTLY what I got! Haha! Dan got up after dinner to "go to the bathroom", and hand our camera to our waiter. When he got back he was acting kind of strange and sitting far away from me in the booth. He got up and walked around the front of the table and got down on one knee right next to me. I can't honestly say I remember anything that he said other than "Will you marry me?", because I was freaking out and asking him to "please get up, please get up, just sit next to me already!", as the entire restaurant was staring right at us! I of course said YES and the long journey began!

We originally had set the date to be August 28th, 2010 back in our hometown of Missoula, MT. But I had began to have some worries and hesitations about marrying Dan. We had been living together for almost 4 years, and we struggled on a daily basis with the little things (like level of cleanliness, chores, etc). It was obvious that Dan had gotten very comfortable with me being the maid and his caretaker, but I couldn't stand the thought of being his "mommy" for the rest of my life. I postponed the wedding 4 months before we were to be married, and demanded a MAJOR change if we were to stay together. After many months of counseling and big changes in Dan's maturity and level of responsibility for us and our life together, I felt comfortable talking about marriage again. Dan proposed a 2nd time, but this time in our home with our 2 dogs as help. It was the BEST and everything I wanted from a proposal.

The Resort

Moon Palace Spa & Golf All-Inclusive Resort

It took MONTHS, but we finally narrowed our choices down to the Rivera Maya area, and to the resorts that had an option for a Catholic ceremony. After going back and forth comparing MP and the Casa Magna Marriott package options, reading reviews on BDW, and going through countless pictures on the 199528_119376274805118_115044671904945_135415_228568_n.jpg

Since our date was set for Valentines Day 2012, I wanted a romantic feel to our wedding. I went with shades of pink (since its my favorite color, and a very traditional V-day color), green, and ivory to give that "antique/vintage" feel I was looking for.

Brides by Demetrios

STYLE GR162

401278_2646328687968_1548183870_1934906_457386853_n.jpg 425234_2632893153384_1587066923_1959364_697938932_n.jpg

Suzi Chin

Bought on DSCN1358.JPG

You can read my DIY STD thread DSC00543.JPG

I designed and ordered the Luggage Tag Inserts on DSC01084.JPG

Welcome Letter---------------------------JoAnn Fabric 

Photo Share Card------------------------Printed at Kinkos (done on Dan's computer will add later if its still there)

Activity Book------------------------------Dollar Tree $1 ea

Pencils---------------------------------------Dollar Tree $1 per 10 pack

22 oz. Plastic Stein---------------------DSC01081.JPG

Red-i by Chelsea

Barefoot Jewelry- gifts for my Bridesmaids, my mom, and myself!

Hair Flower

Custom Necklace- specially made for my TTD with Del Sol! 

I met the FABULOUS Miss Chelsea here on BDW. After seeing all the amazing barefoot jewels, I knew I HAD to have some for myself and my girls. After seeing all her other work, I couldn't just stop there! I also ended up getting a custom made hair flower and necklace as well. I showed my mom the girls' barefoot jewels, and she thought they were the COOLEST thing and wanted to try them all on. After seeing how excited she was I decided I would get her a pair as well. I surprised her when she arrived with these beautiful jewels and she freaked! She wore them pretty much the whole week!

Chelsea was so great and fun to work with! She totally understands the needs of brides, and worked SO SO SO hard to make the design process as easy and fun as possible. She was VERY prompt at emailing me back and was so sweet with me and my crazy nit-picking. She kept telling me it was OK to know what I wanted and that all she wanted was to give me the most beautiful piece of jewelry I could possibly envision. SHE DELIVERED! I was so thrilled with everything she made me! I will most definitely be going back to her for all my jewelry needs! I think she is my new addiction!

Thank you Chelsea for making me sparkle and feel like a princess on my wedding day! 

I think that is all for now! I will update and post more if anything else comes to mind. Don't hesitate to ask any questions. I hope this helps all you future brides out there! And thanks again to all the past and present brides on here who made getting ideas and planning my wedding MUCH easier by your contributions on BDW.

Love to all and happy planning!

Mrs. Smith

P.S. Feel free to check out some of my photos from my wedding week (what I have so far) here!

Attached Files

#25 breeburns

• 102 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Loved all your ideas!!
            And i used red-i by Chelsea also - loved her!

Cant wait to see your review of the resort!

#26 bondgirl0072010

• 789 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thank you so much Bree! Can't wait to see your wedding pics in action ROCKIN' your jewels! XOXO

Originally Posted by breeburns 

Loved all your ideas!!
              And i used red-i by Chelsea also - loved her!

Cant wait to see your review of the resort!

#27 yunric

• 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Great thread!  Can't wait to see your pictures-I'm also wearing a lot of red i- by Chelsea!!!

#28 bondgirl0072010

• 789 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

YAY Yun! Love that you're on this thread too! All my favorite ladies! :) XOXOXO 

You are going to be a VISION as well!

Originally Posted by yunric 

Great thread!  Can't wait to see your pictures-I'm also wearing a lot of red i- by Chelsea!!!

#29 YWS2012

• 393 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

CONGRATS MRS SMITH !!!!!!

your thread is great !!!!!

can't  wait to read your review on MP!!!!

#30 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                    • Vendor
                    • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gina Bina 

CongratS! Can't wait to see Del Sol pics!

del sol pics coming soon.... pretty awesome to see all the ideas come to life :)    

Congrats Kelly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users