Photo

Wedding party expenses- what are brides & grooms paying for?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm going through the same dilemma and thought process. I rented out 2 villas out and was planning on paying for those and not charging anyone accomodations, but no one wants me to do that for them..

I may have to resort and pay for my bridal parties outfits than and help in that matter. We'll see. I'll have to wait and decide as it gets closer.

#22 tiffy

tiffy
    • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

as guests to a dw, i don't expect the bride and groom to pay for our trip even if our daughter is asked to be the flower girl so for some to say that the guests and the wedding party are getting a sweet vacation or a treat to go to the wedding is offensive.  we go to the wedding because we want to be there to celebrate the special day with the bride and groom.  we would rather go some place else for our vacation. the expenses are in the thousands for the guests and the wedding party to be there so don 't act like we are putting a burden on the bride and groom but rather be grateful that the guests and the wedding party think highly enough of the bride and groom to take time off and spend the money to be there on their special day.  (excuse me for not capitalizing after the period.  my tablet is acting weird and i cannot capitalize any letter.)

#23 Chestnutblonde

Chestnutblonde
      • Site Supporter
      • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

We paid for our bridal party's attire (dress for the girls (including flower girls), pants and shirts (including ring bearer) for the guys). And we are also getting them gifts. 

#24 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
        • 173 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

We are paying for the guys shirts (only because they were custom ordered) and I bought the flower girl dress (I found the perfect dress on clearance for $12). The bridesmaids will pay for their own dresses (they can actually wear them again) and the guys will pay for their own pants. If finances allow we are going to treat the boys to a day of deep sea fishing and the girls a day at the spa!

#25 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
          • 173 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

I also bought the girls necklace and earring sets (store closing sale $3.00 a set).

#26 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
            • 76 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Lizrmt - Wow, you sure did score some great bargains ;) I hope I get lucky like that!

#27 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
              • 173 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

First place I go is to clearance sections of stores, and if I see store closing signs I am all over it.

#28 samkallis44

samkallis44
                • Banned
                • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

Since I am new to the whole wedding thing, as the first of my friends to get married, I tried to educate myself on wedding etiquette. Lots of the the blogs say that we, the bride & groom, are responsible for either the flights or accomodations for our wedding party. I did not know this until now. ( yes, I should have educated myself sooner!)

wedding phuket|phuket wedding photographer|wedding package phuket|wedding at phuket|phuket event planner

#29 samkallis44

samkallis44
                  • Banned
                  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

So, I'm kind of taking her lead on that stuff. Originally I had thought I might buy my girls dresses, but she didn't buy ours I don't want to be insulting by buying hers (my parties) dresses.  Just some really awesome BM gifts.

wedding phuket|phuket wedding photographer|wedding package phuket|wedding at phuket|phuket event planner

#30 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                    • 438 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

We are paying for our wedding party attire  and I I am giving my BM a spa credit for hair and make-up.  We are buying our BM dresses fro Target.com they have an afforadable Bridesmaid line. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users