Photo

Need some help picking a photographer!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Melig015

Melig015
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

My fiance and I have narrowed down our choices to Sascha Gluck, Claudia Rodriguez or  Citlalli Rico. It was difficult narrowing down the list from 7 to now 3, but its becoming even more difficult choosing 1!!

Any input would be really helpful!!

Thanks!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

it was such a hard decision for me too!  have you read all of the reviews on them here?

http://www.bestdesti...ing-photography (there are also reviews of Rico in here)

http://www.bestdesti...ck-photographer

#3 Melig015

Melig015
      • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yeas, Ive combed through all the reviews and im still having a tough time deciding on just one, since they both have gotten such great reviews. i was just hoping to get some input from brides who have used them.

#4 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them! I've spent quite a bit of time looking at all of their portfolios. I have a slight preference for Sascha Gluck, but I'd be hard pressed to put into words the reason why. 

Originally Posted by Melig015 

Yeas, Ive combed through all the reviews and im still having a tough time deciding on just one, since they both have gotten such great reviews. i was just hoping to get some input from brides who have used them.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#5 tunaandocean

tunaandocean
        • 42 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Choosing a photographer IS tricky, but I suggest you to keep looking at their portfolio until you get the vibe from photos. For me, I asked the photographers to come with us because I loved all of their work, literally.

I took a short look at some wedding photos of each photographers you listed, and their photos feel differently.

It may be just me, but Citlalli Rico feels more reflective than Sasha (for some of them).

Based on my quick observations, I will go with Rico if I look for quieter wedding photos, and I will go with Sasha if I want loudness and noisiness in my photos. Claudia uses more stable angles (vs. Rico's are more for arrange objects in unusual positions in one angle). 

Once you choose a photographer, it's also important talk about the mood and feeling that you are looking for in your wedding photos. I think that's more important than choosing one when you know you can't really go wrong with any from your list. :)

Good luck!

#6 tunaandocean

tunaandocean
          • 42 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

But again, I only look at their photos for 5 minutes, and so I may be really wrong. Those photographers are awesome in their own reasons. Sounds random, but feel the vibe! Good luck! 

#7 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
            • 272 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hi ladies!

Choosing a photographer can be such a difficult decision.  Listening to your heart and what calls to it is the most important aspect but there are other things to consider as well.  Feel free to browse my Cenote TTD in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

#8 mandjphoto

mandjphoto
              • 89 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm sure you've already made your decision but for anyone else reading this I recommend that you narrow it down to the ones your like and then get them on the phone and have a conversation with them.  I've found that we get the best photos with the couples that we "click" with.  Just make sure that you like them, feel like yourself with them, can laugh with them and can forget them - in the sense that they will blend into your wedding party and you will forget they are even there.  That allows us as photographers to get the important moments as they happen....

Best of luck to you all in your planning!

Jen

#9 Lyman

Lyman
                • 262 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

Congrats Melig015! + welcome to the forum :)  I totally agree with tunaandocean, AllieH,  Pierre + Mandjphoto! they've given you some priceless advice on choosing the right professional photographer to capture your irreplaceable wedding day memories! 

I wish you all the best with your decision process, and hope your choice is stress-free as you really can't go wrong, and any one of those you choose will produce the results that will warm your heart and make you smile every time you look at them!  Best of luck and have an amazing wedding of your dreams......you GO girl! 

#10 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
                  • 236 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

i like sascha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users