Planning 2013 Destination Wedding..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hello Everyone at BDW!

My Fiance and I were just engaged on New Years Eve.  I am soo excited, so I am starting the wedding planning early.. We are looking at having a Destination Wedding next summer (2013). I signed up for DestinationWeddings.com but they haven't been near as helpful as I thought they would be.  We are wanting to go somewhere like Jamaica, Bahamas, etc.. I've never been outside of the US, so I don't know what to expect nor what I am even looking at. So far, I Love the Beaches resorts in Turks and Caicos and Negril because of their all inclusive factor and their great amenities. But they seem a bit pricey and we hate to ask our guests to spend that much.(thoughts?)   Now, we have both fallen in LOVE with Atlantis and then the Cloisters at O&O for the ceremony. After seeing Candace and TJ's video on the Atlantis site I have been in awe! (<--any info on these sites are greatly appreciated. )

I am soo thankful to have stumbled upon this website, any suggestions of any great family friendly, all inclusive resorts are greatly appreciated.

#2 Pucca

Pucca
    • 485 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Congratulations!!

Hello Everyone at BDW!

My Fiance and I were just engaged on New Years Eve.  I am soo excited, so I am starting the wedding planning early.. We are looking at having a Destination Wedding next summer (2013). I signed up for DestinationWeddings.com but they haven't been near as helpful as I thought they would be.  We are wanting to go somewhere like Jamaica, Bahamas, etc.. I've never been outside of the US, so I don't know what to expect nor what I am even looking at. So far, I Love the Beaches resorts in Turks and Caicos and Negril because of their all inclusive factor and their great amenities. But they seem a bit pricey and we hate to ask our guests to spend that much.(thoughts?)   Now, we have both fallen in LOVE with Atlantis and then the Cloisters at O&O for the ceremony. After seeing Candace and TJ's video on the Atlantis site I have been in awe! (<--any info on these sites are greatly appreciated. )

I am soo thankful to have stumbled upon this website, any suggestions of any great family friendly, all inclusive resorts are greatly appreciated.

#3 Sharonte

Sharonte
      • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Congrats to you! You will find this site very helpful there are lot of resorts out there. I would suggest setting a budget ,  make a list of how you vision your day, and decide on destination. All the brides here are more than happy to answer any questions you may have . Good luck!

#4 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
        • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

Sorry ladies... I just now figured out how to find my original thread.  Sad, I know...

Thanks Pucca and Sharonte for the replies!! ..   Looks like I have a lot of searching and reading to do. I'm soo glad to have found this site.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I had originally hired DW.com also, but found them so lacking in knowledge or helpfulness that I requested a refund.  I hope they are better to you!

We got married at Beaches Boscobel (Ocho Rios) and had no complaints.  At least none that I can remember almost 4 years later!  So I think the Beaches resorts are a great option.  If money is an issue, I believe that the Riu resorts are very comparable in what they offer, but are more reasonably priced.  At least they were when I got married.

If you have not done so, you may want to:

• complete your profile (upload a photo, add profile details, etc.)
            • visit the Newbies forum and introduce yourself
            • find the forum for your wedding destination and create a subscription to threads/members/vendors that you are interested in

Here are some links that may be helpful to you:

Here are some BDW members and staff you should follow:
              Moderators and Community Leaders  

#6 yumii28

yumii28
            • 169 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Congratulations and happy planning!

#7 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
              • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the info Carly, I sent in a request form for a BDW TA  Hopefully that will be a tremendous help.

Thanks Yummii28!

#8 green lemon

green lemon
                • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

GREEN LEMON WEDDING PLANNER.

We're in South Africa in Cape Town. We'd love to arrange your wedding.

Kind regrds

Wendy .M

Tel: 27 76519 3135

Email: green.marketing.events@gmail.com

#9 yates23

yates23
                  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I would love to hear what you decided to do. I am also thinking of the same desitinations. Please let me know. 

#10 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                    • 3,074 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Congrats ladies!     those newly engaged, and those whose weddings are soon approaching.....and those already married.......guess I mean Everyone! haha

Wishing you all the best wherever you are on your journeys and that you enjoy all the great love that surrounds you and good times along the way! Cheers :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users