Photo

Playa Del Carmen, looking for a potential botique rooftop or terrace hotel space for a relaxed rehearsal dinner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 caringfiance88

caringfiance88
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

After looking at options with my lady for resteraunts to have our rehearsal dinner at this July, I want to investigate all options.  One of them that I thought would could work is to just birng a caterer into a space.  The way I think we could afford this with a 2500 budget for the dinner is to have them setup a buffet with great fresh ingredients, and to make sure the venue(hopefuly very laid back with authentic decor) is not a large resort.

Is this idea feasible for the amount, any similar experiences... please include your costs.

Any help out there, forgive me if I'm not coming with the right info.

Caringfiance88

#2 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
    • 143 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

Where are you staying for your wedding? All the Condohotels have roof tops, that is where we are staying and using that as our welcome party. They told us you can fit about 25 ppl in each roof top, they 2 that connect so thats about 50 people. You can also hire a chef too cook stuff up and you can buy all the drinks. Hope this helps. I also know La Tortuga has a rooftop rest.

#3 Ceelou

Ceelou
      • 43 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Our friends had a rehearsal dinner on the roof of El Taj last November and if I recall correctly paid about $500 for alcohol and bartenders and about $24 per person for a delicious buffet: chicken, beef and pork tacos, rice, beans, salad and guacamole etc etc... We were about 40 people. They were already staying in the penthouse there so there was no fee to rent the roof.

With a $2,500 budget I'm sure you can find something great!

#4 cherany

cherany
        • 234 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

I second the Condo Hotels suggestion!  We're staying in penthouses at their El Taj location, and the rooftop kitchens were definitely a deciding factor for us!  Since we're only expecting about 15 to 20 guests, it's perfect for an informal welcome reception, cocktails, everyone getting to know enough other & having a wonderful time.  Helps that we have several friends who can grill like pro chefs!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

#5 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Have to agree with you Cherany, El Taj is a gorgeous location and we are super looking forward to tell your story in such a magical place!!! Thanks for trusting our vision amiga : )

In the meantime, here are a few images to help you dream about your big day:

Alexis+Jim_T_0024.JPG

Alexis+Jim_W_RS_0005.JPG

Alexis+Jim_T_0132.JPG

revision1_0072.JPG

Christian+Stephanie_W_0184.JPG

ElTaj_Ceremony_H_0430-2.JPG

Want more?? Visit our site: http://www.delsolphotography.com/blog

Saludos :)

#6 Sandy Planner

Sandy Planner
            • 113 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by caringfiance88 

After looking at options with my lady for resteraunts to have our rehearsal dinner at this July, I want to investigate all options.  One of them that I thought would could work is to just birng a caterer into a space.  The way I think we could afford this with a 2500 budget for the dinner is to have them setup a buffet with great fresh ingredients, and to make sure the venue(hopefuly very laid back with authentic decor) is not a large resort.

Is this idea feasible for the amount, any similar experiences... please include your costs.

Any help out there, forgive me if I'm not coming with the right info.

Caringfiance88

Dear Carigfiance88 , If you would be interested in having  your rehearsal dinner surrounded of nature  , I handle a private home in Playa del Carmen near to one beautiful Cenote and sunrrounded of Nature , if you would like give to your guests  a new experience  in our Mayan Culture with a nice dinner ,  please do not hesitate to contact  me  sandy@ultimatemexicoweddings.com  , Happy planning!

Sandy

#7 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
              • 603 posts
                • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hello Caringfiance88,

If you are looking for something different and unique, then this only existing cave restuarant in playa del carmen fits perfectly for any occasion. They offer various buffet menu and I am sure they can work with your budget. If you have any more questions feel free to ask and I will be happy to answer you.

Happy Planning

Joyce

9.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
                weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
                http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
                Joyce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users