I just had my wedding at occidental in April 2012 and was devastating upset. Here is a list!
1) Booking and canceling are common occurrences during planing a destination wedding. It was difficult to contact the hotel liaison who books and cancels the room. It was very frustrating for my travel agent in the end. They only have 1 liaison! Can you believe this? And when she was out sick there was no one for us to contact. Very unprofessional. And gave us such a hassle.
2) The day of my wedding coordinator didn't have an itinerary for me and my group.
3) She left the wrist bands on my wedding entourage which she specifically told me she was going to remove! Now my wedding photos are ruined.
4) I couldn't get a hold of her the day after the wedding. It was her day off! And I had no one to talk to discuss the wedding.
5) She left the wedding party early and there was no one left I can talk to after the party if I needed anything.
6) The DJ they supplied me with kept on saying that our parents paid for the wedding which was an insult to us!
7) The DJ played the son and mother dance Luther Vandross - Dance with my Father when I choose Boys II Men - Song for Momma. Especially upsetting when my husband's father is alive and well.
8) The Occidental hotel was upset when one of my wedding group lost their wrist bands the day of the wedding. Can't they realized during the chaos of the wedding day something like this can't be avoid. They were threatening to kick one of my guest out of the hotel.
9) My wedding coordinator pinned the boutonnieres on the pocket of the vest not the lapel! What wedding coordinator does this?!?
After I explained her all my complaints, she apologized and I received an apology letter from the DJ group. I still feel that robbed of my perfect destination wedding.
In the end, I would of chosen another resort to have my wedding at.