Jump to content

Photo

Now Jade 2012 Bride


  • Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#101 vdfellers

vdfellers
  • Newbie
  • 12 posts

    Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

    HI Bride to be,

    I just got married last Tuesday and everything was beautiful!! I would say you can let Pilar know at least two days before you arrive. She can then tell the kitchen which Devine dinner package you would like. We just did Devine 2 and it was great! all of our guests really loved it.

    Deisy is super sweet, She and Pilar handled my entire wedding being that I was the only wedding happening that day so I totally got more attention. Typically on the weekends they can do up to 3 weddings. Just know that in case it rains your recepition will be in the Bamboo room which is still nice. It drizzled for a little bit and she didn't want to take chances so she moved it inside which I kinda of liked better.

     

    Hope this helps!

    Vanessa



    #102 shannonmarie

    shannonmarie
    • Member
    • 683 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
    • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

    Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

    Originally Posted by vdfellers 

    HI Bride to be,

    I just got married last Tuesday and everything was beautiful!! I would say you can let Pilar know at least two days before you arrive. She can then tell the kitchen which Devine dinner package you would like. We just did Devine 2 and it was great! all of our guests really loved it.

    Deisy is super sweet, She and Pilar handled my entire wedding being that I was the only wedding happening that day so I totally got more attention. Typically on the weekends they can do up to 3 weddings. Just know that in case it rains your recepition will be in the Bamboo room which is still nice. It drizzled for a little bit and she didn't want to take chances so she moved it inside which I kinda of liked better.

     

    Hope this helps!

    Vanessa

    Congratulations Vanessa! Can't wait to read your review and see some pictures!


    62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


    #103 kitkat863

    kitkat863
    • Jr. Member
    • 243 posts

      Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

      Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

      Oh great! Thank you for the advice! Our reception is also at Castaways. I will take your word for it & save the money! So do you just keep ordering drinks from the waiter/waitresses? 

      Yes you just order your drinks from the waiters. They are REALLY good at keeping the drinks coming...I don't remember ever having to ask for another one...it was just there for me! You will not be disappointed...the resort does a fantastic job with the weddings! :)



      #104 uhaft

      uhaft
      • Newbie
      • 102 posts

        Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

        Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

        Oh great! Thank you for the advice! Our reception is also at Castaways. I will take your word for it & save the money! So do you just keep ordering drinks from the waiter/waitresses? 

         

        The castaways is nice but just note it might get really hot! We were in the Bamboo room with AC and we all were sweating! Just something to think about :)Yes the waiter walks around and you can request drinks from them.  They even started bringing drinks out to all the guests without asking.  Most people didn't even drink too much during our reception because it goes by so quick (between the dances, speeches, eating, cake cutting and dancing)!!! We ended up going to the beach bar after for drinks.



        #105 kitkat863

        kitkat863
        • Jr. Member
        • 243 posts

          Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

          I will agree that Castaways is warm but it wasn't anything that anyone complained about. I didn't even really notice it to be honest (and I always sweat! haha) There was a nice breeze since you are close to the ocean so that helped.



          #106 uhaft

          uhaft
          • Newbie
          • 102 posts

            Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

            Originally Posted by kitkat863 

            I will agree that Castaways is warm but it wasn't anything that anyone complained about. I didn't even really notice it to be honest (and I always sweat! haha) There was a nice breeze since you are close to the ocean so that helped.


            Oh thats great! I guess it just depends on the night and how humid it is!



            #107 shannonmarie

            shannonmarie
            • Member
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

            Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

            Originally Posted by uhaft 


            Oh thats great! I guess it just depends on the night and how humid it is!

            I hope it's not too hot but in June I won't be too hopeful! I originally had the ocean terrace but I heard you can only have the rectangular tables out there. My future mother-in-law INSIST that we have the round tables! I don't know why, but it's one of her many request 


            62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


            #108 uhaft

            uhaft
            • Newbie
            • 102 posts

              Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

              Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

              I hope it's not too hot but in June I won't be too hopeful! I originally had the ocean terrace but I heard you can only have the rectangular tables out there. My future mother-in-law INSIST that we have the round tables! I don't know why, but it's one of her many request 

               

              Unfortunately June is a rainy month so hope for the best! I had my wedding on June 1 and it pored! It still turned out beautiful though. Best of luck!



              #109 brgephar

              brgephar
              • Jr. Member
              • 166 posts

                Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

                Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

                Congratulations Vanessa! Can't wait to read your review and see some pictures!

                I agree! After you're done basking in newlywed bliss, I can hardly wait for review and pics! CONGRATS:)



                #110 Lindsay Green

                Lindsay Green
                • Newbie
                • 54 posts

                  Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

                  Congrats. I would love to know your thoughts on the locations. We have picked the same for 2013 apr - and without seeing I am nervous. We have about 5o ppl, and just want dancing for the majors (ours, father, mother etc). Let me know how it went!!!




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users