Photo

'Missing' part of my sample sale dress - what to do?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sjay

Sjay
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

I recently attended a bridal show where a local bridal salon was having a sample sale...and I found my dress! It wasn't one I'd seen or tried on before so it was a crazy, wonderful surprise, if not a little stressful too - there was only one, and it meant taking it home with me that night! I absolutely love it though, it's the perfect combination of everything I wanted, and the only thing I would do to it, is add a sash.

The labels had been removed from the dress, so I called the store in the following days to ask who designed it, and found out it's a Sottero & Midgley. I then looked it up online only to get another surprise - it comes with a beautiful sash and exactly what I wanted! So I called the store back and they said they weren't sure where it was, or if they even still had it, but that they'd take a look around.

The store isn't getting back to me, which I take as a sign that they don't have it. I understand that the risk of buying a sample dress is that it likely won't be perfect, but is it right that an element of the dress is missing entirely? Has anyone encountered a similar situation? They are an authorized distributor of Sottero & Midgley dresses and they would have received the dress with the sash, so I feel they owe me a sash. I'm even willing to consider a different one.

My first thought was to contact the manufacturer and ask if the retailer is responsible for selling me the complete dress (even as a sample) but I can't find any contact info - they defer consumers to their local authorized retailers. I would imagine all authorized retailers are supposed to sell the dresses as designed by the manufacturer, or find a solution if they can't (e.g., request another belt) which I will ask of the salon…if they ever get back to me…

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

honestly i'd keep on the store, maybe ask for a manager if you haven't yet spoken to one.  just ask if they don't have the original if they could get a replacement or something.  are they OBLGATED to?  i'm not sure, since you saw and bought the dress w/o the sash its usually an "as is" thing, right?  but i think they SHOULD get you a sash.

#3 Sjay

Sjay
      • 205 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks AnnR, I appreciate your thoughts.

Originally Posted by AnnR 

honestly i'd keep on the store, maybe ask for a manager if you haven't yet spoken to one.  just ask if they don't have the original if they could get a replacement or something.  are they OBLGATED to?  i'm not sure, since you saw and bought the dress w/o the sash its usually an "as is" thing, right?  but i think they SHOULD get you a sash.

#4 cosplayzentai

cosplayzentai
        • Banned
        • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Fashion changes in White-V-Neck-A-line-Satin-Beaded-Wedding-Dress-132142-1.jpg

#5 cosplayzentai

cosplayzentai
          • Banned
          • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Evening dresses for White-Beaded-Satin-Lace-Wedding-Dress-10124-1_8.jpg

#6 cosplayzentai

cosplayzentai
            • Banned
            • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

Do you favor playing video games? If the answer is "Yes", then you must need a variety of 1322967946_6.jpg

#7 stella331

stella331
              • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Unfortunately, I think since it was a sample sale you are probably only entitled to what you originally agreed on purchasing. However, I think if you are persistent the store should give in:) Just keep on them!
                46 booked and counting!

#8 Sjay

Sjay
                • 205 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks Stella. You are right, I purchased it 'as is' but I guess I never expected a sample sale dress would be missing something.

I've continued to call/email the store. They haven't returned my calls, but their last email said they were still looking. I will keep on them for sure - at the very least I would like them to contact the designer and request a replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users