Luvmoo (Jen's) Jamaica Wedding Planning Thread! ( with LOTS of Pics)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 luvmoo

• 503 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Thanks Darlin!! I can't wait to see yours! and congrats on getting a photographer!!! :)

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

wow!!! wow!!!! wow!!! you did a great job jen!!! congratulations!!! everythign looks so beautiful!

#22 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Jen - love your place cards & table numbers. Can't wait to see the "after" pics of your wedding!! Wishing you all the best. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#23 amjohnson

• Site Supporter
    • 340 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Amazing Job Jenn! It is hard to believe your day is soon! It doesn't seem that long ago that we had all just started planning!

I have been back a month from our wedding and need to get my planning thread, yikes! Yours is great!

#24 bride6262

• 582 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

thanks!! it is such a relief!!!

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

Thanks Darlin!! I can't wait to see yours! and congrats on getting a photographer!!! :)

#25 Jamaicanmecrazy

• 94 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Love your thread! I am planning on having the fans and releasing the wish lanterns as well :) How did it turn out? I am still debating on where to have my wedding, IRHB seems wonderful and am strongly considering it. 

#26 breeburns

• 102 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Amazing thread!!

LOVE all the details!

We are planning on releasing the wishing/sky lanterns as well, did you run into any problems with the resort when you told them you were planning on releasing them?

#27 luvmoo

• 503 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Well Ladies, 

We have been back for a few weeks already... Hard to believe next weekend we will be married a month already! hahahah

so i am just quickly logging on to post some "after photos" :) I must say.. everything turned out PERFECT!!! more than perfect infact!! My wedding coordinator was amazing.. Hotel was amazing.. Photographer ( Misha Earle. A-MAZING) 

please see below for some pics :)

Wedding Feb 23 2012 010.jpg

This is my wedding cake.. the resort made the cake, however i made arrangements with the Wedding coordinator and chef, that my aunt would be decorating my cake.. she brought all of the cake decorations including fondant and molding chocolate.. in her suitcase with her heheh.. honestly this picture does not do the cake justice..IMG_0622.JPG

just setting up the decoration :)

Wedding Feb 23 2012 024.jpgWedding Feb 23 2012 179.jpg

These were the highlight of alot of people's night.. honestly, people are still talking about this!!!! lol highly recommend the sky lanterns!

Wedding Feb 23 2012 041.jpg

another shot of the decoration on our arch.. 

Wedding Feb 23 2012 075.jpg

Our steel pan band that played for our ceremony.. they were booked through the resort.. and were awesome!!!! they even let me step in back with them and play! lol they sounded ALOT better than i did.. thats for sure! but they entertained me nontheless lol. 

and now here are a few sneak peak professional pics i got from my photographer tonight.. ( Misha Earle) i will get the rest of my pics in a couple weeks.. but she gave me some teasers hehehe

ME1_3043.jpg ME1_3140.jpg ME1_3103.jpgME1_3249.jpg

I will try to add more later but this is an idea.. and if anyone has any questions.. please do not hesitate to ask!!!

#28 luvmoo

• 503 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Iforgot to mention.. the cake was not complete in this photo.. i cant find the complete pic at this point hahah.. but it turned out gorgeous when it was all complete. 

Also to answer the ladies above, the resort had no issues with the lanterns, infact they brought lighters and tiki torches on the beach to help us get them lit :) they were great!!!!

#29 sgreen99

• Site Supporter
                • 187 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Fantastic work, everything looked amazing, you had a stunning wedding!

It's so nice to see some vendors that ship to Canada too :)  Any recommendations on where to but the sky lanters?

#30 albellis

• 146 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Great photos! Thanks for sharing :)  Were there any issues with other guests being too close to your site on the beach during the ceremony? I would love to get married on the beach, but am concerned that we will end up with pictures of some guy in a speedo in the background   What time was your ceremony? I wonder if it is closer to 5pm then people would be off the beach getting ready for dinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users