Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Papoue - OMG that's awesome!!!  I can't believe it's a year away already!  It's definitely gotten more exciting!  I just emailed my travel agent for updated rates so I can book the rooms and really start the whole planning process!  It will be here before we know it!  Are you getting married on the beach or the terrace?  I haven't decided yet.  I'm thinking the terrace since I would like it to be a little more private.  I feel that on the beach everyone will standing around us in their bathing suits and am not really sure how I feel about that!  LOL

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She actually already emailed me back already : ) She said they do not have a new 2013 list but will email to me one immediately if one becomes available. The lady that emailed me back name was Santena and she was great, she answered all of the questions I asked (at least 10). I was very pleasantly surpised. : )

haha I keep making the mistake of sending a long email, and then immediately following it with an extra question that I forgot. They ALWAYS only answer the second short question and never get to my real questions. GRR. So I sent my longer list back... here's hoping I get a response!

I know I have read the bride and groom are allowed to take off their bracelets for the wedding day, but does anyone know if the guests are permitted to take them off as well? This may not be a big deal to some people, but I am also a photographer and I know its going bother me if those bracelets make it into all of our photos. Thanks!

So I just found out that because I won't have 30 people I won't be able to rent the disco. I'm also worried because if I can't do the disco I'll have to do a bonfire at the beach BUT I'm getting married on a Thursday and I heard the IRHB has a beach party that night...so idk if that's even possible. Any suggestions???

Ok so now I am really confused about a beach reception. I just got this email back from one of the Beach WCs (her reply is in blue):

Santena,

Thank you for all that information and getting back to me so quickly, it is extremely helpful. Just had a few more questions. We would love to have a beach reception. Is there an additional fee for the beach reception? For the beach reception if youâ€re choosing from the beach menu we will provide the tables, silver wares, chairs etc. but if youâ€re going to rent the tent it would be an additional cost. You mentioned we would need to rent a tent if we had a certain amount of people, how many people would require a tent? The tents come with different sizes for different prices you can reach out to Tai flora to know additional information about tents. We work with an external company called Tai Flora; below you will find the web page:

www.taiflora.com

If we don't need to rent the tent, are there a minimum number of people required to have a beach reception? Is the tent rented through Tai Flora or Iberostar? Tai flora so you can reach out to them their email address is above. Do you know the cost for the tent? Does the resort use DJ's from a certain DJ company? We do provide our own DJs. I also didn't see the script for the ceremony attached. Could you send that to me when you can. I don't need any of this info right away, so take your time if you need it. Ok no problem I will attach it.

cleardot.gif

So my main question is does anyone know what she is talking about when she mentions about choosing from the "beach menu"  ?????

I requested a copy of the script used for the ceremony and this is it if anyone is curious:

I N T R OD U C T I O N
We are gathered here to join together in Holy matrimony ……………….. and…………………………
What is the marriage?
Purpose of marriage
Prayer
1. Ask persons gathered there is any just cause why they may not lawfully be joined
together
2. Ask couple same question
3. Ask couple separately
4. Will you ………………take this woman or man to be your wedded husband or wife
Will you love him or her, comfort, honor, keep her/him in sickness and in health and
forsaking all other, keep thee only her/him so long as ye both shall live……they answer (I
DO)
Question?
Who give this woman to be married to this man. Give away parents will answer
Vows (said separately)
I ……………take thee ……………….to be my wedded wife to have and hold from this day forward for
better or for worse for richer or for poorer in sickness and in health to love and to cherish till
death us do part according to Gods Holy ordinance, I give thee my promise
Take the rings and bless them
Couples to say separately:
As a pledge and in token of the vows between us made with this ring I thee wed In the name of
the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Amen.
Blessing of the couple
O eternal God Creator and preserver of all mankind given of all spiritual grace the Author of
everlasting life send thy blessing upon these thy servants this man and this woman whom we
bless in thy name that they living faithfully together, may surely perform and keep the vows
and covenant between them made (where of this ring given and …………..is a token and a pledge
and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together and ………according to thy laws
through Jesus Christ our Lord Amen.
Those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder.
Forasmuch as……………….and…………………have consented together in Holy wedlock and have
witnessed the same before God and his company and there to have given and pledged their
promise each other and have declared the same by giving and receiving rings and by joining
stands I by the Authority bestowed on me as a marriage officer of Jamaica pronounce that they
are man and wife in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Amen
Sign register.