Let's talk favors!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AshleyW

AshleyW
  • Site Supporter
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

So, I plan on doing welcome bags for our guests, but I was also hoping to have some small favors for the reception on the ship, and need some ideas!

Do any of you wonderful Carnival brides know if you can bring your own edible favors? I was thinking of doing the personalized m&m's, but I thought I read somewhere that edible favors have to be provided by Carnival... but now I can't find where I read that.  Go figure!

What else are you ladies doing/have done for favors during the reception? I'd like to not spend TOO much money, and the less cheesy, the better.

Ashley & Zac - May 5, 2012 aboard the Carnival Paradise

30 sailing guests + 2 non-sailing guests

www.fieldswedding.com

#2 Amiris1

Amiris1
    • Site Supporter
    • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

It seems like you can't bring anything edible or floral on the ship.  I've decided to do framed photos as a souvenir with with a thank you greeting on the photo.

#3 kks2012

kks2012
      • Site Supporter
      • 241 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

I plan to do the "mint" to be match books for our wedding and AHR favor. It is small something can eat and I won't be bothered that they threw awy because the cost was very minimal. We will be doing welcome bags so they will receive a nice goodie bag. 

#4 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
        • 281 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

This is the most 'cruise ship themed' favor I've found:

wheel favor.jpg

You can find them cheaper on ebay then most wedding favor websites! So do an ebay search first..

I've also seen cruise ship luggage tags which I don't really like very much, you can do a personalized luggage tag for cheaper and nicer then the one I've seen on websites.. that wheel is cute though.

My guests are getting OOT bags filled with necessities, pashminas, and then a boatload (pardon the pun, teehee) of stuff from vistaprint, including a tshirt, notebook, pen, sticky notes, notepad and keychain (I started ordering my vistaprint stuff when there was still more then a year to the wedding!)

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
          ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#5 kks2012

kks2012
          • Site Supporter
          • 241 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

We have decided to do donation cards and make a donation to the American heart association and a domestic violence center in our area.

#6 LadyLove

LadyLove
            • 29 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

I liked the idea of an OOT bag, but really wasn't sure about it considering we had a lot to travel with already. My hubby and I decided to give everyone a welcome aboard package in a letter sized envelope (8x10 inches I think). We made it like real mail with stamps we made with our wedding logo and put everyone's room info as the mailing address. Inside we put a welcome letter explaining that each room had a $50 on board credit, a door sign that they were "sail-a-brating" our wedding, a fridge magnet that they cruised with us for our wedding and a pack of gravol. It was really well received. As wedding favors we gave small picture frames with a picture my hubby put together of St. Thomas and the Oasis and of course wording of our names, wedding date and location.
              Don't worry! It's gonna be the perfect day.

#7 balibride

balibride
              • 153 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

What about a little ship in a bottle?

#8 Arch713

Arch713
                • 161 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I've also seen someone put together a little journal/photo book where the couple has personally written a message on the first page and also added a picture of themselves. It makes it really personal but yet functional for people to use throughout their cruise vacation. 

#9 valh416

valh416
                  • 12 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
                  • Wedding Location:Alaska
                  • LocationWI

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I love the wheel on that favor, I think it would be cool to collaborate the two ideas and make my own frame, and adding the wheel in one corner and a similar phrase in the other!

#10 marquisyvette

marquisyvette
                  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

I ordered the magnets for everyones door with our wedding date also, but now I'm curious to know if they'll stick, does anyone know if Carnval doors are metal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users