Real Thing or Knock Off? Referrals?

I know I've seen a few postings on dresses, and getting someone to make a replica. I'm wondering if anyone here has actually used anyone in particular. The dress I am looking at is Priscilla of Boston, and seems to be very popular! I tried it on today, and LOVED it! I just hesitate to order the knock off without a great referral!

Here's the dress, and the knock off ... I know it looks good - but has anyone used this women/store? I know some of the look has to be just in the quality of the photography, but they look pretty darn close!

EBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Bridal-Dress-For-You

"Real Thing"

Click the image to open in full size.

"Knock Off"

Click the image to open in full size.

I think this women has an e-bay site - what does her feedback score look like? Also what is her return policy if you get the dress and it is not the quality you were looking for? I would be interested to know the answers to these questions and if that all checks out I would say GO FOR IT. A lot of what you are paying for in the dress is that name brand lable that no one can see anyways. I have NEVER been to a wedding that the bride didn't look amazing. No matter if you spend thousands or hundreds on your dress I am sure you FI and friends and family will think you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL View Post
I think this women has an e-bay site - what does her feedback score look like? Also what is her return policy if you get the dress and it is not the quality you were looking for? I would be interested to know the answers to these questions and if that all checks out I would say GO FOR IT. A lot of what you are paying for in the dress is that name brand lable that no one can see anyways. I have NEVER been to a wedding that the bride didn't look amazing. No matter if you spend thousands or hundreds on your dress I am sure you FI and friends and family will think you look great!
Very good questions - I will ask about the return policy. She does have an EBay store, and a website (see URLs above). Her EBay feedback is 100% positive, which makes me feel great! I was hoping someone on this site had used her before and could vouch as well, or could suggest another place that makes knock off dresses.

I said maybe.

Ann, when I was looking into using this dressmaker for that dress (I still love it, but just wasn't sure the lines would be right for me) I seem to remember there being a return policy, let me go look...

...OK it says "We will accept returns on new non-altered wedding dresses. Refund will only be issued for dresses in original shipped condition, unworn, unaltered, and with all packaging. We will accept returns on merchandise that is damaged or defective. All returns must be within 3 calendar days of when the shipment was dropped off from the carrier. You must notify us by email that you would like to return the dress and you must have a return authorization number from us before you return the dress. All returned dresses will have a 50% restocking fee applied from the full purchase price of the dress. In addition you will be responsible for any shipping fees, transaction fees and insurance fees. You have to ship the returned merchandise within 2 days after you have obtained a return authorization from us. All returns dresses must be received within 8 days of receipt of the authorization number. "

So, if that dress is something like $600, you could look at it as a $300 gamble. if you love it, then you've saved yourself several grand, if not, you're out 300 bucks.

If I really loved that dress and had tried it on and it was "the one" and I was 100% sure, I'd think about trying the knock off. A $300 gamble to save more than $3,000 sounds good to me. I would first ask for more detailed pictures, close-ups and stuff that you could use to really compare the quality to the designer dress.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
I don't know - I didn't actually add the poll! lol I am more just looking for anyone that has used this women (Bridal Dresses 4 You), or anyone else that makes great knock offs!
Hehe, I bet Tammy has her hand in this! She's everywhere!

I definitely say real thing.

The knockoff will probably be made of inferior quality materials, and probably not cut the same - may not fit the same. Not that I think you should pay full price, though. Check out pearlsplace.com, the knot's dress board, ebay, and preownedweddingdresses.com for a used gown. I paid about 5% of retail on my Monique Lhuiller gown by buying it used on ebay.

It would suck to get the dress and have it *not* be what you wanted, or expected to get, ya know?

I think I gave you this link before, but here's another place to buy the real thing for a discount: www.preownedweddingdresses.com

Here's your dress, but in white:http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/listing/1441.htm

Here it is again (ivory): http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/listing/1627.htm

These dresses are in the $2500 range. Much better than full price! Honestly, I would probably go this route as my first choice. I think part of having a designer dress is the "designer" part. After thinking about it for awhile, I don't know if I would be as happy if it wasn't the real deal.