Blue Venado???

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Braf 

It's just an option, but at the moment our no.1 option. I'm in London so can probably only visit once before the big day in August 2014 so just trying to find out as much as I can before visiting in April. Only two months? That's exciting! Stressful but exciting!

oh me too! well essex actually but i dont admit that to anyone. My friends coming from london got incredible deals from thomas cook - 1400pp for 14 nights in our hotel and flight from london. the deals are not nearly as good coming from within mexico

im doing a tasting soon so i ll post info about that in 2 weeks!

#52 Braf

Braf
    • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I actually went to university in Essex, and love it there - you should be proud not ashamed lol. Yeah, deals within Mexico are really bad, I've been to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta whilst living in Mexico and I'm always shocked at how expensive it is for a long weekend, especially considering Mexican wages in comparison to British wages. And yes please post all the info you get about BV and would be reaaaaallllly helpful! 

Happy Planning!

#53 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Cheers British brides! wishing you all the best with your destination wedding plans, and Congrats on choosing our incomparable Mayan Riviera for your weddings! It will provide the perfect backdrop to your picturesque once-in-a-lifetime wedding celebration........happy planing and journey ahead........Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#54 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

I have a question for BV brides. I was all set to book Grand Coral Beach Club, when my coordinator told me that they are instituting a new, very large site fee! Booo!  However, after looking at the amazing weddings at BV (photographed by Del Sol, of course!) I am really starting to look at BV with fresh eyes.  Are there any other brides getting married here?  Any past brides have comments or advice on this venue?

#55 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

brownsugarbride, you are so kind! We have some recent photos from the CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Happy planning!

#56 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
            • 599 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Matt-

This is one of the weddings that got me rethinking my stance! Love this wedding---and I JUST realized that this is the THE Arlenis, of Le Reve fame!  The fact that she had her wedding here says volumes about the quality of this venue.

#57 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
              • Vendor
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

You got it, the famous and lovely Arlenis! I agree, she's got great taste! :D

#58 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
                • 599 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Can I ask the other brides who have gotten married here about the lighting?  It seems like you'd need a lot of lighting to properly illuminate this facility---what kind of investment did you have to make in extra lighting.  Also, I'd be curious to hear from Matt and other photographers if this venue posed a challenge because it is so private (and dark at night).

#59 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

Can I ask the other brides who have gotten married here about the lighting?  It seems like you'd need a lot of lighting to properly illuminate this facility---what kind of investment did you have to make in extra lighting.  Also, I'd be curious to hear from Matt and other photographers if this venue posed a challenge because it is so private (and dark at night).

With any venue, the ambient lighting sets the mood.  Sometimes its as simple as candlelight... lanters, globes, or string lights (very simple) like christmas lights.  For very cheap, these kind of lights can make a big big difference if you are interested in the DIY style.

OR, the venue will likely have a lighting package (and this may be costly) to have a crew, generator, and special PAR lamps, LED's, and other very bright lamps installed to light each pilar, palapas, etc and of course, a few light stands on the dance floor.   This kind of stuff is pretty impt...

At the end of the day, we photograph with a style that has light included.  We use multiple flashes when photographing couples to be able to make a very dark place look illuminated.  So ultimately, we just light what we see, regardless if there is or is not ambient and the photos will turn out fine.

Try though if you can to get some ambient lights installed.  If you have any vases on the tables and use floating candles, don't fill them with water to the top because the wind will blow them out.  If you can, find WHITE christmas lights to string around... the bigger the lamps, the more light output.   Get creative if you can!

Good luck!
                    matt

#60 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
                    • 599 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thanks Matt! Fantastic insights on lighting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users