I booked Blue Venado Beach Club for my November 2012 wedding and just returned from Playa to visit and do a tasting.
The info online for this venue is limited so I'm happy to share these pics and answer whatever questions I can for all the future brides out there looking for a beautiful, secluded beachfront venue.
A bit of info to start with- the beach club is about 10 minutes south of Playa del Carmen and then it takes about 10 minutes to get to from the highway as it's a dirt road through the jungle. It's very secluded with only the Punta Venado horse ranch in the same area. It's a fun ride through the jungle and the venue is right on the water. The set up is under a large palapa and there are 2 smaller palapas for cocktail hours etc. It is more "rustic" and less modern then most beach clubs I have been to on the area which is what we wanted. The entire venue is in the sand with the exception of a wooden floored area that can be used as the dancefloor.
Here are some pics of the club:
1. Outside the large palapa looking towards the ceremony area
2. the smaller palapa for welcome champagne and cocktail hour
3. inside the large palapa from the dancefloor area looking to the bar
4. dancefloor area
5. furniture included (about 40 of these style chairs available)
6. other included furniture options (about 80 of these chairs available)
7. ceremony area (this was still up from the night before! )
8. washrooms (womens) under a palapa
Onto the food...
We opted for a family style serving for our guests and chose from the finger foods menu. The chef was really open to all ideas and suggestions and the food was tasty and fresh.
Shrimp cocktail and melon gazpacho for cocktail hour:
other finger foods to sample:
The people at Blue Venado were great and they are really flexible with menu, drinks etc. Our experience was wonderful and we're really happy we chose this as our venue. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer!