next picture - shows the space of sand where they set up the ceremony

P2170013.JPG

P2170014.JPG

P2170022.JPG

above is view of beach and palapa.

P2170011.JPG

photo of the bruschetta we had at our food tasting

P2170010.JPG

food tasting main course - beef with mushroom sauce, vegetable gratin and garlic fettucine

Hope these photos help!

• Like 1

Great thank you so much!

Love that you can make it your own and decorate. Lots of potential!

Have you chosen this as your venue or still not decided?

i ended up choosing xcaret as i fell in love with it, but blue venado was a close second for me. the wedding planner they recommended (elena, i dont know if youre using her) had so many ideas, was really friendly and helpful

in fact all in all they were a really great bunch of people. its going to sound stupid as my whole original plan was a beach wedding...but i started to have doubts about whether i wanted ot spend the whole night on the sand (which given i looked at mainly beach clubs pretty much ruled out most of my research). did love the deck they have at the end though, means you dont have to pay for a dance floor if you dont want to! must admit i think i preferred blue venado menu to xcaret though =S

for me, my top venues were

1) xcaret

2) blue venado

3) isla de la pasion

4) kool club

5) then places like wickys, canibal royale...and all my other options

Originally Posted by Ceelou View Post

Great thank you so much!

Love that you can make it your own and decorate. Lots of potential!

Have you chosen this as your venue or still not decided?

Xcaret weddings are stunning! Congrats on making the choice... it's not easy but you are now guaranteed a beautiful wedding!

I'll be visiting Blue Venado in May. Can't wait.

I have an outside planner and a million ideas! Hope it comes together :)

hmm strange, the email came back to me as 'undeliverable'.  I can't seem to find anything on the internet to contact this place either.  the other phone number listed on a website did not work haha.

sorry, there was a typo!! gcarmona@xcaret.com (i missed out the a)

phone can be tricky, you have to get them to transfer you to the right section and often you speak to people who dont speak spanish

Originally Posted by jaruszen View Post

hmm strange, the email came back to me as 'undeliverable'.  I can't seem to find anything on the internet to contact this place either.  the other phone number listed on a website did not work haha.

I booked Blue Venado Beach Club for my November 2012 wedding and just returned from Playa to visit and do a tasting.

The info online for this venue is limited so I'm happy to share these pics and answer whatever questions I can for all the future brides out there looking for a beautiful, secluded beachfront venue.

A bit of info to start with- the beach club is about 10 minutes south of Playa del Carmen and then it takes about 10 minutes to get to from the highway as it's a dirt road through the jungle. It's very secluded with only the Punta Venado horse ranch in the same area. It's a fun ride through the jungle and the venue is right on the water. The set up is under a large palapa and there are 2 smaller palapas for cocktail hours etc. It is more "rustic" and less modern then most beach clubs I have been to on the area which is what we wanted. The entire venue is in the sand with the exception of a wooden floored area that can be used as the dancefloor.

Here are some pics of the club:

1. Outside the large palapa looking towards the ceremony area

View when arriving

2. the smaller palapa for welcome champagne and cocktail hour

IMG_4258.JPG

3. inside the large palapa from the dancefloor area looking to the bar

IMG_4268.JPG

4. dancefloor area

IMG_4254.JPG

5. furniture included (about 40 of these style chairs available)

IMG_4288.jpg

6. other included furniture options (about 80 of these chairs available)

IMG_4289.jpg

7. ceremony area (this was still up from the night before! :) )

IMG_4445.jpg

8. washrooms (womens) under a palapa

IMG_4448.JPG

Onto the food...

We opted for a family style serving for our guests and chose from the finger foods menu. The chef was really open to all ideas and suggestions and the food was tasty and fresh. 

Shrimp cocktail and melon gazpacho for cocktail hour:

IMG_4270.jpg

ceviche

other finger foods to sample:IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

The people at Blue Venado were great and they are really flexible with menu, drinks etc. Our experience was wonderful and we're really happy we chose this as our venue. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer!

• Like 1