Jump to content

Photo

Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013


  • Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#391 chrystine888

chrystine888
  • Newbie
  • 93 posts

    Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

    Originally Posted by MegnAustin 

    My travel agent said we will do it three months before the wedding going through wedo.com. Is that a bad idea to wait that long?


    Yes!  That's right, but just make sure you have all of your paperwork ready to send!  You need notarized and apostilled "Affidavits of being single," and apostilled birth certificates.  You also need two copies of each of your passports.  My FI only has his original BC, so we need to order one from the state of PA.  They can send you one that's already apostilled, so that saves a little time!



    #392 chrystine888

    chrystine888
    • Newbie
    • 93 posts

      Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

      Originally Posted by kayb0123 


      Oh my goodness I thought it was just me! In Jersey you can send what ever you need apostilled to Trenton and they do it for $25 per form, which is A LOT cheaper then we found on line.
       I sent my birth certificate and it only took about 2 weeks if that... in the end we just decided to get married by a local official before we go and just bring our marriage certificate. We aren't telling anyone so it will look "official" the day we get married. It turns out that because we are doing it that was we will get Pastor York which I read great things about him.

      Best of luck to you!!!

      Thanks!  Your secret is safe with me!!!  ;-)



      #393 Jessica4LUXE

      Jessica4LUXE
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

        Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

        Hi Ladies,

         

        Getting legally married in Dominican is a pretty simple process. We always suggest that our clients contact WEDO http://wedo.com.do/requirements.htm for their document translation.

         

        All requirements are listed right on the site, along with a sample of the single status affidavit. It is never too early to get this process started, but 3 months is plenty of time!

         

        NOTE: I always suggest sending scanned copies of all legal requirements to the hotel 1 month before your wedding in order for the coordinator to confirm that all of your paperwork is in order. Make sure to bring all originals and translated copies to your meeting with the on-site coordinator in destination.

         

        Hope this helps and happy planning!



        #394 DRBride8433

        DRBride8433
        • Newbie
        • 4 posts

          Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

          Hi!

           

          I am doing something similar:

          Wedding at the Gazebo 5pm

          Dinner at Sea & See     7 pm

          Reception at the Wet Bar 8-11

           

          I am having trouble with figuring out when to do toasts.  I really want to do them at dinner but wondering with 40 guests and without a microphone will they be able to hear?

           

          I am also wondering about the ceremony music.  I have my songs that I want but unsure if it will be played in the right order and on cue. Any suggestions?



          #395 Kuttley

          Kuttley
          • Newbie
          • 20 posts

            Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

            Originally Posted by DRBride8433 

            Hi!

             

            I am doing something similar:

            Wedding at the Gazebo 5pm

            Dinner at Sea & See     7 pm

            Reception at the Wet Bar 8-11

             

            I am having trouble with figuring out when to do toasts.  I really want to do them at dinner but wondering with 40 guests and without a microphone will they be able to hear?

             

            I am also wondering about the ceremony music.  I have my songs that I want but unsure if it will be played in the right order and on cue. Any suggestions?

             

            Hello,

            I only two months away and I'm starting to get nervous.  Has anyone heard anything about HDC photography?

             

            and in answer to your question DRBride 8433 I was reading on the facebook page that another person labelled everything for her music so that there wouldn't be any confusion.  Example song 1 ceremony, song 2 bridemaids and so on.  Hope this helps.



            #396 breluke18

            breluke18
            • Newbie
            • 5 posts

              Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

              Hi Everyone! We just recently got engaged in September and are looking to get married in December 2013 - destination. We have not quite decided on a Resort let alone an Island! I am interested in Majestic Elegance - it does look extremely promising through reviews and the forums I have read. We are interested in having a Private Receptions and are expecting approximately 60 people to join in on our Celebration.


              I've read on here that it is approximately $50 dollars per guest - does anyone have any insight on this?

               

              Also are most peoples plans to get officially married before then a ceremony in Punta?? We prefer to get married officially in Punta and deal with the extra costs of transferring documents when were home but really have no idea!

               

              Any opions or insign is appreciated!
              TIA



              #397 Mady28

              Mady28
              • Jr. Member
              • 164 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
              • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

              Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

              Hello ladies,

               

              Does anyone know what the process is for booking a chunk of rooms at Majestic Elegance? We are planning on getting married in a year, and I am still looking for a good travel agent in my area.

               

              Thanks!



              #398 PuntaBride

              PuntaBride
              • Jr. Member
              • 313 posts

                Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

                Originally Posted by breluke18 

                Hi Everyone! We just recently got engaged in September and are looking to get married in December 2013 - destination. We have not quite decided on a Resort let alone an Island! I am interested in Majestic Elegance - it does look extremely promising through reviews and the forums I have read. We are interested in having a Private Receptions and are expecting approximately 60 people to join in on our Celebration.


                I've read on here that it is approximately $50 dollars per guest - does anyone have any insight on this?

                 

                Also are most peoples plans to get officially married before then a ceremony in Punta?? We prefer to get married officially in Punta and deal with the extra costs of transferring documents when were home but really have no idea!

                 

                Any opions or insign is appreciated!
                TIA

                 

                Yes, all of us have heard nothing but fabulous things about the Majestic.  

                 

                You are correct with your estimation.  There are other fees though. They charge for everything ... destination weddings are not as cheap as they once were.  

                 

                There is a fee to book your venue on top of the price per person.  If you want alcoholic drinks there are bar packages (paid per person).  Any decor you want to have during your reception also comes at a price.  The dinner is usually 2.5-3 hours.  If you want longer you have to pay extra.  If you want your reception to go to 11 and include dancing then there are fees for things like stereo rental, microphone, lights, or DJ as well.



                #399 Mady28

                Mady28
                • Jr. Member
                • 164 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
                • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

                Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

                breluke18-

                 

                If you are planning on doing the "legal" part of the wedding in Dominican Republic just remember to check what the requirements are. I thought I read somewhere that you need to be in the country for at least three days before the wedding. Not sure if that's correct.



                #400 chrystine888

                chrystine888
                • Newbie
                • 93 posts

                  Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

                  Originally Posted by Mady28 

                  breluke18-

                   

                  If you are planning on doing the "legal" part of the wedding in Dominican Republic just remember to check what the requirements are. I thought I read somewhere that you need to be in the country for at least three days before the wedding. Not sure if that's correct.


                  Some places require this, but the DR does not.






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users