Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

Originally Posted by cdocks View Post

Hi we're getting married June 12th, 2013 at 7pm.  It was later than I wanted but this was the only time besides a morning ceremony so I booked it.  has anyone ever heard of having there reception catered with just hot and cold hors d'oeuvres instead of a dinner??? It was suggested to me and I thought a good idea since I don't want the party to get started too late??? Any suggestions or I'd love to hear if anyone has heard of anyone doing this and pulling it off....so confused and must make up my mind soon!!!

Thanks in advance

Congrats! :o)  And welcome to the forum!   I know one lady here has mentioned doing hors d'oeuvers, but I forgot whom. I think it's a great idea if you plan to have a big party after the ceremony. Just make sure the guests are aware so that they could eat a late lunch that day. One thing that is great is there is a place at the resort where people can eat at any time of the night in case they get hungry. :o)   One thing I loved and decided to change our venue from the Steakhouse to the See & Sea. Im not fond of the S&S's menu and I don't think a few of the other guests will be either, but it was a view we just couldn't pass up. And there is always the late night snack bar. :o)

We torn with an after party, we want to do one, but our wedding will take place at 6pm. And dinner plans are at 8.

Originally Posted by Lala32 View Post

Hi Ladies!   I'm staying at Majestic Colonial and was wondering if any of you knew how much it was to drop OOT bags in the guest room and if there is a contact to arrange?  Appreciate the help!

I know there is a fee, but I don't remember how much. Whatever it was, we decided we would hand them out because the fee per bag was too much just for dropping off a bag. But I may need to ask our WC this to make sure the info I received was correct. You too may also want to send an email to your WC.

Are you ladies doing a welcome dinner?  I would love to but I'm not sure when everyone is planning to arrive just yet.. Some guests are staying a week, and some as little as 2 or 3 nights.. I just had the idea of doing a rehearsal / welcome dinner for everyone to attend and give the bags out then because surely everyone will arrive the night before the wedding. Thoughts?    Can the welcome dinner be scheduled in say, the steakhouse or one of the other restaurants with the WC prior to arriving?  We are getting married on a Wednesday, so I'm hoping that will keep the restaurants a little less crowded.

Miss Bubbles,

I was thinking of doing a welcome dinner as well. Most of our group is arriving on Friday, and our weddign is on Monday. I think I would like to do the welcome dinner on Saturday night, that way the whole group can get acquainted and we can all enjoy some time together. I was thinking about passing out the OOTS bags at that time too, but then I think I want to give them out the day we arrive, so that people can get as much use out of them. I think I will ask my WC to reserve a table in the buffet restaurant, that way there is more choice in food for everyone. I dunno....I wish I was better at making decisions! lol

Originally Posted by DestinationGirl View Post

Miss Bubbles,

I was thinking of doing a welcome dinner as well. Most of our group is arriving on Friday, and our weddign is on Monday. I think I would like to do the welcome dinner on Saturday night, that way the whole group can get acquainted and we can all enjoy some time together. I was thinking about passing out the OOTS bags at that time too, but then I think I want to give them out the day we arrive, so that people can get as much use out of them. I think I will ask my WC to reserve a table in the buffet restaurant, that way there is more choice in food for everyone. I dunno....I wish I was better at making decisions! lol

lol... I too am terrible with making decisions... I was firmly set on the steakhouse for our wedding dinner for 5 months after comtemplating for a month or so! If not longer, and then last week I changed it to the See & Sea. Our wedding is on Wednesday, we are arriving on Monday, so we plan to put our bags together once we arrive and figured everyone should be there the night before the wedding... so a welcome / getting acquianted would be awesome. Our families haven't all gotten to meet each other yet since we're in different states.   Hmm your right about the buffet having options for everyone..  I too will consider this one. :o) I guess we should wait til we get a firm headcount to reserve seating, or should we go ahead and tell the WC we want to do a welcome dinner and will get back with her on a firm headcount?

My fiance says we may be asking too much of our guests to do the welcome dinner + ceremony + wedding dinner when some are using this as their vacations.. I personally thought it would be nice to get everyone together and meet before the wedding and also so we can give out our OOT bags.  

there is definitely a fee, i'm sure!  I actually don't have a WC because I'm not getting married at the resort, just staying there, but maybe I can lug them down to the bar for the welcome drinks....

Does anyone know also if the resort will allow you to take the bracelets off so they don't show in photos?

thanks for the help!

Brides and Grooms
Please note Caribbean Emotions still have a couple of free Dates for the next few Months .Our current Promotion for you its the Multimedia Package which included a professional Photographer and a professional Videographer for only 800$US ,or a the Royal Package which included a professional Photographer for only 500$US .So if you book one of these Package before October 31,2012 you can economize $ 300 U.S.
For more Informations please contact us.

E-mail : info@caribbeanemotions.com 

Originally Posted by Lala32 View Post

there is definitely a fee, i'm sure!  I actually don't have a WC because I'm not getting married at the resort, just staying there, but maybe I can lug them down to the bar for the welcome drinks....

Does anyone know also if the resort will allow you to take the bracelets off so they don't show in photos?

thanks for the help!

I've sent an email to my WC requesting the fee, once she gets back with me I'll let you know.

As far as bracelets, yes, I have read many reviews about everyone taking bracelets off for photos, ceremony, etc. You just have to make sure you get a new one once done.