Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#231 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

Has anyone thought about using a DJ? I've heard good things about DJ Mannia, but am also wondering what the in house DJ is like.  Anyone have an opinion on this, it would be very helpful!

Other thoughts ....

Anyone else doing a symbolic wedding?  What exactly do we need to bring to prove we have been married legally in our home country?  In Canada you have to wait 10 weeks before you request a marriage certificate.  That would mean we would have to do this more than 3 months before our destination wedding.  I don't want to do it this far in advance.  Any way around this dilemma?

#232 chrystine888

chrystine888
    • 93 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

Has anyone thought about using a DJ? I've heard good things about DJ Mannia, but am also wondering what the in house DJ is like.  Anyone have an opinion on this, it would be very helpful!

Hi There!

We decided to get the house DJ.  I read great reviews about him, that he kept everyone dancing the whole time and that it was a blast!  Our reception will be at the Wet Bar Terrace, so I think it will be a very beautiful spot for some dancing.  I believe it is only about 3 hours, so the cost for the DJ was $600.  We're doing the "free" See and Sea dinner, so we felt like we could splurge a little for the music!  :-)  Good luck!

#233 chrystine888

chrystine888
      • 93 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

ME Salon:

Hairstyle and set: $80

Bride Hairstyle + wash: $80

I have not come across make-up prices yet.

Also, Majestic Elegance Brides, has a great Facebook page. :o)

COOL!  I just joined the FB group!  SO exciting that there are so many of us getting married there soon!!!  :-D

#234 Smithk79

Smithk79
        • 149 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Other thoughts .... Anyone else doing a symbolic wedding?  What exactly do we need to bring to prove we have been married legally in our home country?  In Canada you have to wait 10 weeks before you request a marriage certificate.  That would mean we would have to do this more than 3 months before our destination wedding.  I don't want to do it this far in advance.  Any way around this dilemma?

I am not sure if all places are the same or not but at Jellyfish u dont need anything for symbolic cerny...

#235 CaribbeanBride1

CaribbeanBride1
          • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hello ladies,

Does anyone know of a website where I can view different Punta Cana photographers, their photos and their packages?  Do I have to email each one individually to get their information?

#236 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
            • 221 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Smithk79 

I am not sure if all places are the same or not but at Jellyfish u dont need anything for symbolic cerny...

I was told to bring my marriage certificate. Double check with your wedding coordinator, I know some things are changing for 2013.

#237 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
              • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by missroxy 

Hey Missbubbles ;)

How did you decide between the colonial and the elegance ? What made you go with the Elegance ?

I chose the Elegance because it was newer and reviews stated the food and room decor was much nicer.. Many of our guests wont be traveling with children, and I read the Colonial has more families at their resort, which means a lot more children. We have maybe 5 children that will attend though. And I like my guests being able to have the option of staying in the adults only section that ME offers. Also, the price isn't much different between the two resorts. :o) Also, I wanted to get married at the Gazebo and I liked the one at ME better, not sure why since they are similar, just my sytle preference.

#238 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by CaribbeanBride1 

Hello ladies,

Does anyone know of a website where I can view different Punta Cana photographers, their photos and their packages?  Do I have to email each one individually to get their information?

Sorry, I don't know all of the Photogs... But our top 3 picks, and have all worked with each other and on their own... They are from Canada, but don't charge travel fee's and there is no vendor fee.

Phil Steingard, Michael Steingard, and Jamie Dimitry. Google them and it will take you right to their sites. :o) They are all 2600, I believe. I'll go look now for what their package includes.

#239 Smithk79

Smithk79
                  • 149 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

I was told to bring my marriage certificate. Double check with your wedding coordinator, I know some things are changing for 2013.

Did Mayte at JF tell u this or ME coordinator? We are getting married in December and i was told we didnt need anything...maybe bc my cousin is the officient??

#240 CaribbeanBride1

CaribbeanBride1
                    • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

Sorry, I don't know all of the Photogs... But our top 3 picks, and have all worked with each other and on their own... They are from Canada, but don't charge travel fee's and there is no vendor fee.

Phil Steingard, Michael Steingard, and Jamie Dimitry. Google them and it will take you right to their sites. :o) They are all 2600, I believe. I'll go look now for what their package includes.

Thank you so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users