Photo

Majestic Colonial/Elegance Brides 2012-2013

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#121 chrystine888

chrystine888
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hi Jenn, WELCOME!  I'm pretty sure your travel agent will be able to get you that same deal.  I'm trying to get it too!  ;-)

Puntabride- BEAUTIFUL job on your invites!!!!!  They are perfect!  Are you having your bridesmaids wear that color?  If so, where did you find dresses?  :-)

#122 chrystine888

chrystine888
    • 93 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Breezy Bride- I am just going to have my friend take pics.  She's a pro.  Do you have any friends that take pics professionally or as a hobby?

#123 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
      • 313 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Reading these makes me excited!!!  I was doing some browsing on Trip Advisor and was look at Photos.  I saw two photos of different weddings (a dinner reception at the See and Sea, and a wedding party in the lobby).  Here are the reviews :)

http://www.tripadvis...n_Republic.html

http://www.tripadvis...n_Republic.html

#124 chrystine888

chrystine888
        • 93 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Puntabride,  Thank you for sharing those reviews!  SO exciting!  May will not come fast enough!!!  :-D

#125 JennCarlson

JennCarlson
          • 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

So turns out the only time the resort had available was at 10 am...which is way too early for this girl!  lol.

So we will be staying at the Majestic Colonial, but are having both the ceremony and reception off resort at the Jellyfish Restaurant.  I am very excited to have it booked :)

#126 Smithk79

Smithk79
            • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

So turns out the only time the resort had available was at 10 am...which is way too early for this girl!  lol. So we will be staying at the Majestic Colonial, but are having both the ceremony and reception off resort at the Jellyfish Restaurant.  I am very excited to have it booked :)

Whem is ur wedding? JF has been great to work with. Does anyonr know the main differences between the two Majestics?? Thanks!

#127 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
              • 313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Smithk79 

Whem is ur wedding? JF has been great to work with. Does anyonr know the main differences between the two Majestics?? Thanks!

One of my bridesmaids just got back from the colonial.  She said that the decor was different everywhere, elegance fancier more 5+ star versus 5 or 4 star.

#128 JennCarlson

JennCarlson
                • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Smithk79 

Hi Smithk, 

Our wedding is now on March 10.  It has been quite a gong show with changing resorts and dates, etc!  But now we have everything booked and it's such a relief. :)

And about the differences between the Elegance and the Colonial, my travel agent said the same as what PuntaBride said.  Colonial is 4 star, where majestic is 5 star.  We will stay one week at the Colonial, followed by a week at the Elegance for our "honeymoon".  If you search "Majestic vs. Colonial" on tripadvisor.com there are several reviews that explain the differences.

#129 Smithk79

Smithk79
                  • 149 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for all the input! :-)

#130 Kay6356

Kay6356
                    • 543 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
                    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

I contacted the resort to secure our date; they won't let me until January :( I hope our date is available when I go to book in January!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users